• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is ToS worth it?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29117
  • Start date

DeletedUser29117

I’ve unlocked ToS in one of my cities. Is it worth building?

Note: I’m still in the lower chapters. My scouting time are still very short.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dew Spinner

No, because eventually your scouting times will be 2 to 3 days and that isn't enough payout for the space and your tournament/spire penalty will go up. So you will be penalized for having it with very little benefit.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My Tome of Secrets is level 11 right now and that means I get 3 free KP every day from it. And being in chapter 18, when I start a scout, which I never stop doing, I get about 1.2 million supplies.

Dew Spinner

My Tome of Secrets is level 11 right now and that means I get 3 free KP every day from it. And being in chapter 18, when I start a scout, which I never stop doing, I get about 1.2 million supplies.
How many times a week are you starting a scout? Being in ch. 18 means several days between scouts, doesn't it?

Dew Spinner

So, every 5 days or so you get a gift from a bullding that is taking up space and causing you a double penalty on tournament and spire. 1 penalty for the expansion/s it sits on and 1 penalty for the AW levles.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So, every 5 days or so you get a gift from a bullding that is taking up space and causing you a double penalty on tournament and spire. 1 penalty for the expansion/s it sits on and 1 penalty for the AW levles.

It does not give me a penalty because I can make enough troops each week to cover the increase in squad size that expansions and AW levels cause.

Dew Spinner

It does not give me a penalty because I can make enough troops each week to cover the increase in squad size that expansions and AW levels cause.
You are still receiving the penalty, your tournament/spire costs would be lower without it and it's benefit at higher chapters is negligible. Just because you like it doesn't mean you are not getting a penaly from it.

Last edited:

StarLoad

When you are small and growing the ToS is a great way to get KP and Supplies with every scout you send, and you while new and small scout a lot.
Level to 6 is good and then know that someday you may be willing to part with it. All the talk about this or that in ch 18 means nothing to you today so just ignore it... no offense Dew or Enevhar but you two are way off topic

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You are still receiving the penalty, your tournament/spire costs would be lower without it and it's benefit at higher chapters is negligible. Just because you like it doesn't mean you are not getting a penaly from it.

You don't have the right definition of penalty. The difficulty of every tournament or Spire fight is a set percent difference between your squads and the enemy squads and is the same for anyone in any chapter. The formula that everyone talks about is strictly to calculate your starting squad size. Nothing else.

So needing more troops is not a penalty. If the formula meant an AW level or expansion made the gap between your squad size and enemy squad size worse, that would be a penalty.

Dew Spinner

You don't have the right definition of penalty. The difficulty of every tournament or Spire fight is a set percent difference between your squads and the enemy squads and is the same for anyone in any chapter. The formula that everyone talks about is strictly to calculate your starting squad size. Nothing else.

So needing more troops is not a penalty. If the formula meant an AW level or expansion made the gap between your squad size and enemy squad size worse, that would be a penalty.
I didn't say "difficulty", I said Penalty, having more AW levels and more expansions most definitely adds to the "Penalty", which is increased costs in troops and negotiation. Splitting hairs is not your forte!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Dew Spinner I have 3 different chapter 15 cities. Main Halls are the same level (level 33) in all of them. 1 of my cities has a level 6 Tome of Secrets and a 2nd one of my cities has a level 6 Endless Excavation. So this is pretty much a direct, equal comparison of EE vs ToS at chapter 15.

In my Arendyll city EE gives me 246,000 supplies every 24 hours. And it has the trivial secondary effect of giving me a few extra relics when I complete a map province.

In my Winyandor city, ToS gives me 492,000 supplies every time I scout. My scout time is currently about 36 hours. When you adjust this to a 24 hour period, supply production is about 327,000 in a day. Which is about 81,000 better than my equal level EE in Arrendyll. And my ToS gives me 2 knowledge points every day, which is a way better secondary benefit than the relics from EE.

Based on these numbers, I would say that as late in the game as Ch 15, ToS is a pretty good AW.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Tomes is not worth it, IMHO. Invest instead in the Golden Abyss and level that. It will be worth more and more as time passes, while Tomes will be worth less and less and you'll be sorry you threw all that kp away to level it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
ToS is terrible, I am only keeping it because I don't want to lose all my ranking points.
Yeah, that's how I get sometimes, and then I'm sorry I ever invested in whatever it is. I usually wind up planning to make an equal infusion in points and at the same time delete whatever it is I hate. That way, my fellowship doesn't feel the hit. They don't even know I've added and deleted, if the points are roughly the same. But it's hard to spend that much and not get any credit for it, I know.

Deleted User - 1178646

I deleted my level 30 ToS, does that tell you enough?

It's a great wonder (supplies) untill a certain stage of the game where it becomes pretty much useless, those extra KP? well you need to throw in thousands of KP to get back 1-6 KP a day, how manu years would it take to earn that back?

Soleil Nightbloom

I deleted my TOS way back in ch 4 because I felt it takes up too much space for what it’s supposed to do. I have evolving buildings that give me way more kp than it does, like my witch hut that gives 3 kp, orcs and military units. In ch 4 my witch hut gave me supplies, military units and 3 kp. Even if the witch hut is not fully evolved it still does way more at a lower level than the TOS and they both take up the same amount of space. So, for me Golden Abyss is the way to go for a first ancient wonder, it takes up less space, gives decent population and coins.

Last edited: