• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Is ToS worth it?

• Thread starter DeletedUser29117
  • Start date

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
One thing that people tend to leave out of calculations related to workshops is their benefit in supplies and coins from doing cycling quests
as Gladiola said, the quests can get you extra supplies.
Cycling quests stops working somewhere around chapter 5-7. I forget when exactly, but in one of those, the quests simply stop scaling.
For example, in chapter 15 I'm being offered 2,000 supplies for making 6x advanced tools. My troop buildings require over 2,000,000 supplies to load the queues every 12h. My level 6 ToS gives me 550,000 supplies.

Deleted User - 1178646

Cycling quests stops working somewhere around chapter 5-7. I forget when exactly, but in one of those, the quests simply stop scaling.
For example, in chapter 15 I'm being offered 2,000 supplies for making 6x advanced tools. My troop buildings require over 2,000,000 supplies to load the queues every 12h. My level 6 ToS gives me 550,000 supplies.
dwarves chapter is the last update

Gladiola

My troop buildings require over 2,000,000 supplies to load the queues every 12h. My level 6 ToS gives me 550,000 supplies.

Your scout times are probably several days long. So while your ToS may be helpful in terms of supplies, it doesn't make much of a dent in the demand of your barracks.

Dew Spinner

Your scout times are probably several days long. So while your ToS may be helpful in terms of supplies, it doesn't make much of a dent in the demand of your barracks.
I'm pretty sure @SoggyShorts has posted before about how many times he has built and sold his TOS to break runes on, doesn't seem very valuable to me. Plus nobody is factoring in the double penalty you take on spire/tournament for having it. I'm sure that knocks the luster of it quite a bit!

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I'm pretty sure @SoggyShorts has posted before about how many times he has built and sold his TOS to break runes on
Nope.
Thrones, Enar's, Maze, WTR, and Lighthouse are my rune smashers.
Yeah, I'm at 2.5 days but with my lazy 9h+9h workshop productions, it's actually still a significant. part of my supply income.
From chapters 4 to 13+ though, that ToS gave me millions and millions of supplies more than adding workshops would have.
A truly excellent wonder even if it drops off late game.

Dew Spinner

Nope.
Thrones, Enar's, Maze, WTR, and Lighthouse are my rune smashers.

Yeah, I'm at 2.5 days but with my lazy 9h+9h workshop productions, it's actually still a significant. part of my supply income.
From chapters 4 to 13+ though, that ToS gave me millions and millions of supplies more than adding workshops would have.
A truly excellent wonder even if it drops off late game.
This isn't you?? You're right, I was wrong about you breaking runes on it but you don't seem to be too enthused about it in this post?!

May 26, 2021
Here's my post from a similar thread.

First I should probably mention as many of my personal biases as I can admit to:
  1. I don't care how a wonder looks.
  2. I don't care at all about score/ranking.
  3. I like the added challenge of trying to get through chapters quickly.
  4. I go for efficiency in buildings over all other considerations.
  5. I prefer to fully cater until the end of chapter 6 and convert to all military by the end of chapter 8.
  6. I fight encounters in the Spire, Tournament & World Map 99% of the time.
  7. My FS gets gold spire every week, wins ~12 tournament chests on average, and visits me every day.
Keeping in mind that playstyles vary here's my list more or less in order

Spoiler: Martial Monastery/Sanctuary
Spoiler: Timewarp
Spoiler: Needles of the tempest
Spoiler: Shrine of Shrewdy Shrooms/ Dwarven Bulwark
Spoiler: Dragon Abbey
Spoiler: Prosperity Towers
Spoiler: Simia Sapiens
Spoiler: Mountain halls/Golden Abyss
Spoiler: Flying academy
Spoiler: Temple of the Toads
Some honorable mentions:

Spoiler: Endless Excavation
Spoiler: Tome of secrets
Excellent starting wonder, far better than the Golden Abyss out of the box but becomes obsolete late game. I wouldn't take it past level 6, and if I was a slow player, I wouldn't build it at all.
Spoiler: Victory Springs
Spoiler: Elvenar Trade Center
The rest are basically trash for any playstyle similar to mine.
  • The non-culture ones are either score-based or inferior to event/craftable buildings.
  • The ones that give culture bonuses simply aren't needed past the wood elves chapter where all mana buildings give culture on top of all event buildings so you're maxed all the time anyway if you focus on event buildings for pop as I do:
Approx 50% of my pop came from event buildings for years until recently. Now just to prove it's doable I have zero residences and a constant 170%+ culture bonus with zero pure culture buildings)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
index.php

Recruiting players of all chapters who want GOLD SPIRE & 10+ chest tournaments
Message me in Winyandor or Khelonaar!
Current event: www.tinyurl.com/sorchome
Like Quote Reply
    1625348740347.gif
    1625348740347.gif
Reactions:Huor, Rp44, Jikuyin and 4 others

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Except in the post above he says it isn't worth it.
Uh no, I didn't say that. Please stop misquoting me.
"
Spoiler: Tome of secrets
Excellent starting wonder, far better than the Golden Abyss out of the box but becomes obsolete late game. I wouldn't take it past level 6, and if I was a slow player, I wouldn't build it at all. "

Need more proof?, I have a level 6 ToS in both cities, and I've had them for about 5 years.

Last edited:

Nectar of the Gods

I’ve unlocked ToS in one of my cities. Is it worth building?
Yes. It is a small footprint AW and it will give you supplies every time you scout. Early on in the game you will be doing a lot of scouting. So build it. The rest of the discussion about the ToS in later chapters doesn't apply to a low chapter city. It is a decent AW. Heck, in my Chapter 15 city I still have mine. Go for it.

And I would encourage you to build the GA, too, if you haven't. Population and gold--things every city needs.

Good luck.

Gladiola

I still haven't built a GA. I'm heading into chapter 5, and the GA is finally going to be worth the space. Up to this point, it has been more efficient to have a residence (even with the culture cost). Granted, my city has a smaller footprint than most, although my working population is pretty high for my score.

Dew Spinner

Uh no, I didn't say that. Please stop misquoting me.
"

Need more proof?, I have a level 6 ToS in both cities, and I've had them for about 5 years.
Keepng a wonder around that isn't worthy of leveling past level 6 doesn't sound like a rousing compliment! How long does a level 6 TOS beat a workshop/magic workshop without a spell on it?

Last edited:

shimmerfly

@Dew Spinner
No reason to be combative. It's pretty clear that you don't like some advice here but take it easy?
And please learn how to quote someone properly. You posts get scrambled when you copy and paste. I'm fairly certain the directions are in the forum.
Build the dang TOS and tear it down later if you don't like it. No big deal. Or don't...

StarLoad

Keepng a wonder around that isn't worthy of leveling past level 6 doesn't sound like a rousing compliment! How long does a level 6 TOS beat a residence/magic residence without a spell on it?
To be fair the number of levels on an AW could be more giving KP to others being a priority. I put all my KP into the TimeWarp and MM

Henroo

Oh Wise One
To be fair the number of levels on an AW could be more giving KP to others being a priority. I put all my KP into the TimeWarp and MM
I am similar, except I am focusing on Timewarp and Simia right now. I moved through through the earlier chapters at a rapid pace. Looking back, I would say the biggest drawback of going so fast was that I had less time to level my earlier game wonders than a player who moved through the chapters at a more measured pace would have had.