• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games Announcement?

TalimSwift

So this looks like a glorified Vallorian Valor building.
If you place this at level 10 in your town, you can either replace 2.66 Festival Merchants so lets round it to 3. You save 20 squares. Not bad.
If you decide this will produce troops instead, you can trash 6.71 VV's, rounded to 7, that will save you 47 squares. Best choice
If you decide to make sentients, you will have more sentients that will decay later LOL. Mediocre choice (you're better off with an extra factory if you need those, and use enchantments on it to ramp up production when needed. Evos cant be enchanted)
If you decide to make supplies, then sorry but i dont know what to tell you, you need to rethink your play

StarLoad

Yeah but I already have 1.69Million V-Guards or 2,115 Squads... no reason for it at the moment.

Edit to add screenshot as "someone" didnt believe
v-guards.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser29287

Especially, since lower chapter players are constantly running low on gold and supplies. I have it at stage 9 in a chapter 3 city on beta made supplies with it the first couple of days now goods until I can get my manufactories upgraded very costly in one of the goods the building produces. I’ll make VV next in it.

Gladiola

Some lower chapter players are constantly running low on coins and supplies. I have to do multiple wholesaler trades every day to use up my coins. My supplies are a little more scarce, but I keep a pretty good inventory. But I'm only in chapter 5. I hear it gets dire in Orcs!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you place this at level 10 in your town, you can either replace 2.66 Festival Merchants so lets round it to 3. You save 20 squares. Not bad.
If you decide this will produce troops instead, you can trash 6.71 VV's, rounded to 7, that will save you 47 squares. Best choice
If you decide to make sentients, you will have more sentients that will decay later LOL. Mediocre choice (you're better off with an extra factory if you need those, and use enchantments on it to ramp up production when needed. Evos cant be enchanted)
I think it is a more efficient source of sentient goods than you are giving it credit for. Remember that a sentient manufactory is going to require a huge amount of population and culture. When you take the space require to produce these into account, it takes something like 70 or 80 squares of space in your city to run a sentient manufactory. This building is only 16 squares. And it is providing you with extra population and culture in addition to the sentient goods it could make.

ElfGunn

If you decide to make supplies, then sorry but i dont know what to tell you, you need to rethink your play

I'm in Chapter 9, and all about mana production. How many willows does it replace? Willows are 186 per hr.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm in Chapter 9, and all about mana production. How many willows does it replace? Willows are 186 per hr.
You might want to check out the Manta Ray daily prize. It is far and away the best mana producer in the event. It is equal in size and shape to a Festival Merchant and virtually identical in stats. If we follow the same schedule as Beta, it will be offered on day 2 and day 21.

ElfGunn

I will watch for the Manta Ray. I've got 5 FMs placed atm, and 2 in Inventory. I'm hurting for enough space to place all the manus.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I will watch for the Manta Ray. I've got 5 FMs placed atm, and 2 in Inventory. I'm hurting for enough space to place all the manus.
I think I got as high as 14 Festival Merchants when I was doing Woodelves and Sorcerers and Dragons. Do you still have any Weeping Willows in your city? If so, I would scrap them right away and place the 2 FMs you have in inventory. FMs are a far more efficient mana source.

ElfGunn

In chapter 9 the triumph of tides(16 squares) produces 14,500 mana in 24 hours.
So it produces more mana in 16 squares than 3 Willows in 75 squares.

The willows are pretty but the are not even in the top 100 mana producers per square.

I've got 7 willows atm. Replacing 3 of them with the one building would be a life saver. Is the Tides an evolvable building?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I've got 7 willows atm. Replacing 3 of them with the one building would be a life saver. Is the Tides an evolvable building?
You said upthread you have 2 FMs in inventory. Unless you are desperate for the culture the Willows provide, I would delete 2 Willows and place the 2 FMs you have ready right away. You will make more mana and you will save a full expansion worth of space by doing this.

ElfGunn

You said upthread you have 2 FMs in inventory. Unless you are desperate for the culture the Willows provide, I would delete 2 Willows and place the 2 FMs you have ready right away. You will make more mana and you will save a full expansion worth of space by doing this.

I just did this. I had one willow with some extra road space, so the 2 FMs fitted in the same space.

BrinDarby

So its "base switchable" and "bonus switchable" ... so does that mean
that you get 1 of each , not 1 of 4 total ??? You'd think you'd get 1 regular
and 1 bonus production ...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So its "base switchable" and "bonus switchable" ... so does that mean
that you get 1 of each , not 1 of 4 total ??? You'd think you'd get 1 regular
and 1 bonus production ...

Four options and you have to choose one, so only one good is produced every 24 hours. And you can switch the production any time you want, though it resets the timer if you switch before the good is ready to collect. A lot of us on Beta were complaining that this made it just a glorified daily prize and not a grand prize. But I guess the production amount of that one good is so high that it is still useful.