• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Games discussion

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya Why does the announcement for this say "from today until Aug 12", when it does not start until Wednesday morning? Aug 12 is the correct end day, though, for the number of days in the event, for starting on Wed.
Sorry, I'm on vacation this week and just saw this.
My fault, I was tired when I posted and forgot to edit it (we were supposed to wait to post this announcement until the event had started) It has been fixed.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I did choose to spend 2500 diamonds on Magic Academy upgrades since the last event.
Maybe I should have saved my diamonds for event currency instead?

Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

Vigali

I'm pretty excited about this event building, although the 'switchable production' aspect of it does seem a bit useless to me. This is a seeds-producer, and using it any other way just strikes me as silly.

My numbers for my city (Ch15) look like this:

When Producing Seeds: Saves 14 squares from Pop, 1.43 from Culture, 35.78 from Seeds production for total = 51.20 squares (or 2.65 Festival Merchants).
When Producing S2 Goods: Saves 14 squares from Pop, 5.56 from Culture, 36.04 from S2 production for total = 55.60 squares (or 0.76 S2 Manufactories).
When Producing Vallorian Guards: Saves 14 squares from Pop, -15.54 from Culture, 62.29 from Vallorian Valor for total = 60.75 squares (or 5.79 Vallorian Valors).

On the face of it, it seems like using the building for S2 or VG would be a good idea (it saves more squares, right?), but I don't think it really is. For S2 production, using 1 MM spell on a manufactory outproduces this building; so unless you constantly keep all of your S2 production buildings MM'd already (and still are lacking S2 goods), you're probably better off spending the enchantment than using this building to produce S2. For Vallorian Guards, a handful of supplies and a 5-hour time boost will give you as much VG unit production as this building will. Because those things (supplies, time boosts, enchantments) are quite a bit easier to come by than seeds, it seems like seeds really is the best option with this building. But would love to hear thoughts from others as well!

Vigali

I had a question regarding Event quests also -- how are the various "quantity" quest amounts determined? For instance, if it says "Produce a large amount of Standard goods," how does it determine the actual quantity that is needed to complete the quest, for my city? Is it just a set number based on your chapter, or is it calculated based on something more complicated with regards to my city and the buildings I actually have?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the 'switchable production' aspect of it does seem a bit useless to me. This is a seeds-producer, and using it any other way just strikes me as silly.
I have almost no use for seeds with nowhere to go in the tech tree so the vallorians are useful. When there is somewhere to go in tech tree then I can switch it.
It's also useful for S2 since having zero S manufacturers is an option if you aren't doing techs and this way you still make some for the occasional convince

Iyapo1

@Vigali
I also really like this building!
Its productions scale interestingly across chapters.
In the early chapters(below orcs) the supply production is outstanding.

It only produces Mana for 2 chapters(9 and 10) but anyone getting this building prior to chapter 11, this building produces more mana per square than a mana hut!

Aritra

Sorry, I'm on vacation this week and just saw this.
My fault, I was tired when I posted and forgot to edit it (we were supposed to wait to post this announcement until the event had started) It has been fixed.
I suspected you were on vacation. ;) Uncharacteristically absent/quiet.
We've definitely been spoiled by your attentiveness.
Glad you're back and hope you had a good break! :cool:

AnselSkye

Does the main evolving building go off your chapter at the moment you earn it or claim it? I'm eligible to claim it, but I'll be advancing chapters in the next couple of days so I want to make sure I don't jump the gun.

Aritra

@Aritra When I play more than one city on a world and have both cities open (such as on different computers), event currency appears at exactly the same time in both cities. Inno has never given any reason to believe that player actions influence currency drops. I also don't see a reason they would want to spend their time and energy developing them, especially if they then hid that fact. Certainly they do things to encourage engagement (such as having currency drops at all), but they are pretty unsubtle about it.

The simplest explanation is that the rumor about visiting the trader or opening the world map or refreshing resulting in currency drops results from players misinterpreting the effects of the refresh of the city map. This speculation has been around since currency drops were first introduced in events, but no additional evidence has been reported other than anecdotally.

I'm going to go with Occam's razor on this one.
My point was simply that it wasn't impossible, not that I thought it to be true or likely.