• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the wholesaler a solution to market good imbalance issues.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The idea is to make the wholesaler an alternative for trading goods at a premium, right now with a level 30 blooming traderguild wonder only the first trade is interesting, the super inflation that is implemented on goods vs goods swap is so prohibitively expensive that it can't solve market imbalance issues that will always exist.

My making goods swaps at a fixed 110% rate
If a market imbalance exists, the wholesaler can offer an alternative route to goods at a price that is more expensive than normal trading, but not too expensive that it's not a viable strategy.

This idea is a part of the market imbalance suggestions

Why should it be implemented?
Market imbalances do, and will always exists, unfortunately the game as no solution to this issue right now craeating a lot of frustration from players.
This gap is then filled by a few people who fill the market with "bad trades" for a profit, this creates a lot of negativity within the community.
By creating an alternative, a lot of frustration withing the community could be solved.

Advantages:
  • Creates a solution for market imbalance issues
  • Creates a more friendly atmosphere between players
  • It's something a dev could implement in only 5 minutes or less.
Disadvantages
  • It makes the blooming trader wonder a little bit less usefull, but to be fair that power was kinda useless anyway in it's current form.
1627409912006.png

1627409919325.png

Note that this ONLY affect the goods vs goods trade, it does not change anythng about the coins and supply trades.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think it's a good idea, but I'd probably make it even more expensive than that. Maybe strike a middle of the road price between the insane inflation now and the slight inflation you suggest. Human nature as it is, there would be people who would go straight to the wholesaler, if it were only 110 percent, instead of wading through pages of people's trades and risk the possibility of accidentally clicking on something you don't want. To them, convenience would be worth the premium, especially if they normally do 3 star trades. That would just exacerbate the shortage among traders and force more and more people to get into the habit of the wholesaler.

Maybe fix the rate at 140 percent? Idk ... something like that.

BrinDarby

I am against this proposal in many ways....

Risk of misclick, OMG ..... add a dang confirmation screen that can
be hidden for those of us who Pay Attention so we dont misclick.

This sounds like a suggestion that basically says :
I'm too lazy, dumb, time starved, and/or patient enuff ... to put these
ppl outta buisness, so let the government (elvenar dev team) do it for me.
By the way, just ruin the whole system the coders spent time creating in
the 1st place, because you don't like a market economy.....
( ya know supply/demand )

This also sounds like just another way, older players are pressuring
Inno to force swaps or fixed prices on all trades, as a way to implement
the freak'n outdated and absurd practice of FSs dictating 2-3star trades only.

BrinDarby

Aren't you still in chapter 4? It's like a kid who ran a successful lemonade stand for a day
I'm Ch4 by design , and yeah ... lemonaide stand , or just call me MinuteMaid...
( yeah a 200b dollar market cap , lemonaide stand )

You have no clue who your talking down to Soggy, so you better hope I never
get that far, or you'll NEVER have those sentient goods, or you can just pay
my prices......

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm Ch4 by design
Embarrassing dude.
Talk such a big game but also whinge that the events are too hard and too often for you.
I take it back, you couldn't even run a lemonade stand, you'd still be staring blankly at the lemons trying to figure out what to do and then when called on it say that you're sitting on them "by design".

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I'm Ch4 by design , and yeah ... lemonaide stand , or just call me MinuteMaid...
( yeah a 200b dollar market cap , lemonaide stand )

You have no clue who your talking down to Soggy, so you better hope I never
get that far, or you'll NEVER have those sentient goods, or you can just pay
my prices......
I am sorry but as a chapter 4 player, there is no real issue for you to take a stand on this in one way or another.
This whole thing does not affect you in any way.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
No it does not, you are so small that any single large player can absorb your issues with ease. you are too small to make an impact.
If your city depends on (ab)using your neighbours good grace to survive then your city has an issue and you should fix that.

If you do not want that, than thats your problem, we should not care about that as it would be your failure.

BrinDarby

@CrazyWizard ,
Small city, perhaps ... small warchest of goods, hardly...
My 3hr production is 2400 T2, and 3400 T2 , not counting 24/48 hr bldgs...
exactly how much should I be trading ????
Amounts of 500-2000 each ?? 5-10k ?? 20-50k ??? above 100k ??

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
As much as you need,

As long as you do not depend on 0/1* trades to make your city run (aka living by the grace of your neighbours who want to help a small player, as you can also die bij there grace)
then you should be fine.

And if you do, there is no reason to be agains this as it would not affect you in any way.
the best and cheapest option is to trade 1:1 on the market. but if that is not possible because there are balance issues in game then there should be an "expensive" but affordable option as an alternative.

If there is a shortage of 7 million soap but an oversupply of 5m bismut. then there should be a mechanism to close than gap to reasonable levels.
What I suggested is a mechanism that plugs that gap in supply vs demand so that every player can get the required goods at a reasonable price in a reasonable timeframe.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
If you make 5800 per 3 hours thats let say 6 times per day is 34800 goods.

I make 1.5M+ regular goods.
I can absorb 35K any moment any way any time, you need 43 brindarby's to make a dent.

On a max of I think 250 potential trading partners of which only a portion is active thats an impossible task.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
So you live by the grace of your neighbours, and looking at the numbers for chapter 4 you are a leech for no good reason.
I am amazed your neighbours are still falling for it. with such a limited trading group they should be ignoring you by now.

If they take those numbers than it's not that they need the goods from you, there are plenty of ways yo ignore you even of your local market is scewed. thats why fellowships exist.

as how many times I can absorb 500K?
I own about ~200m goods so quite a few times.

Iyapo1

What I suggested is a mechanism that plugs that gap in supply vs demand so that every player can get the required goods at a reasonable price in a reasonable timeframe.
I would 100% support this! This would help with the scroll problem as well. I have no idea how the ascended trading works but could that be implemented across lower chapters?

BrinDarby

you are a leech for no good reason.
Quite the contrary, and it benefits my FS, not just me personally ...
When you can wait 1-3 hrs for goods you don't need my services,
but when you need goods in the next 5 min, 20% bump is pennies
compared to the 700% or more you are making normally.

I gotta have things to do in watch-the-paint-dry games, Trading
is a good use of my time, if there's a equal reward for time spent.

Its hypocritical of anyone to say " well I put up 1200 for 1000, for
a quick sale and I was feeling generous " thats OK .... yet call ppl
names like "Leach" if they put up the opposite offer in advance
( 1000 for 1200 ) so its there when someone needs it....

Its the Same Freak'n Deal !!!!!

No, I'm not a Leach in any way .... I'm a humble/proud Trader . :cool:

Edit: my (2) CH3 cities also finish Spire every week & get 1600+ t-pts/week
and never have I traded anything but 1:1 , so don't say I have to profit from
Trade to get by.... and still perform every week.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Edit: my (2) CH3 cities also finish Spire every week & get 1600+ t-pts/week
and never have I traded anything but 1:1 , so don't say I have to profit from
Trade to get by.... and still perform every week.
Amazing.
So to be clear, you have 3 baby cities that all accomplish the same thing except just one of them profits at the expense of other players, and that is the one which makes you "proud"?
Gross dude.

BrinDarby

Gross dude.
No ... Sir ... SaggyPants, on Khel trade/play, the other 2 ,
I never wanted but keep alive for the diamonds, and I
wanted to see if I could do it a different way.... plus
since so dang many FSs have the dang 2/3 star only
trade rules, I wanted to also be able to finally play
in a more competative FS to see what its like ......

I am proud of my play and my playstyle(s) ... and
the only reason I have those 2 xtra cities was because
I was trying to solve a browser issue Inno wasnt solving
adequately ..... but I'm not gonna let them go to waste.

Gladiola

It is not particularly difficult to reach the top of Spire and generate tournament points with cities in chapters 3-5. I specify those chapters because I haven't hit chapter 6 yet, but in general by having a reasonably balanced city it's pretty straightforward.