• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Make the wholesaler a solution to market good imbalance issues.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1178646
  • Start date

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
While I cannot tell you what it is yet, there is a new feature in the works that should help players get rid of their surplus goods while hopefully taking care of the goods imbalances. I would hold off on this suggestion for a little while.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
While I cannot tell you what it is yet, there is a new feature in the works that should help players get rid of their surplus goods while hopefully taking care of the goods imbalances. I would hold off on this suggestion for a little while.

Boy, am I looking forward to this. It's probably going to end up in the "law of unintended consequences" pile and we'll all have something more to discuss/talk about/disagree about. What fun!

AJ

StarLoad

Such a tease

defiantoneks

i'm just excited that they see, and acknowledge the issue enough to try something. yay!

(that said, more than likely the fix will take long enough that i exit Elvenar chapter in both cities before it's introduced)

larbby

I have all of the worst boosts and can hardly ever find 2* or better trades for my goods. On K, I have moonstone, velvet and bismuth. If I place 2* trades and no one from my FS picks up, they could stay there for days. I have to give 5 to 10% advantage depending on the trade size to get my trades accepted quickly.

This issue does need to be addressed, it's not fair that some goods are more in demand than others, it gives some players a real advantage.

There has been many discussions about this subject, every world is affected. No one seems to agree on a single solution.

Is there a way to see the overall trading statistics for each world? What is worth more where? I think seeing the data will help better understand the issues and agree on a solution.

Deleted User - 1178646

I have all of the worst boosts and can hardly ever find 2* or better trades for my goods. On K, I have moonstone, velvet and bismuth. If I place 2* trades and no one from my FS picks up, they could stay there for days. I have to give 5 to 10% advantage depending on the trade size to get my trades accepted quickly.

This issue does need to be addressed, it's not fair that some goods are more in demand than others, it gives some players a real advantage.

There has been many discussions about this subject, every world is affected. No one seems to agree on a single solution.

Is there a way to see the overall trading statistics for each world? What is worth more where? I think seeing the data will help better understand the issues and agree on a solution.
No off course innogames can see those statistics, but we never get those presented to us.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo ,
Then it was mutual, sry for the mistake. I thought
we could resolve a trade issue and we couldn't.
I do believe we parted ways on good terms...
I have never held any ill will twords you.
Likewise, I don't hold any ill will to you. Glad you found a good fellowship which suits you and are still enjoying the game.

BrinDarby

I can't wait either, but isn't the easiest part of this ....
for Inno not to create imbalances in the 1st place where
bldgs give a static good, rather than a (+) based on boosted ???

Sure Imbalances always will happen as ppl with certain boosts
leave the game and are not replaced......

Is it so hard to reskin ( color wise ) The Moonestone Set and
adjust it to (+) goods, not a static good now that it has been
removed from The Spire ???

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I find it interesting that Helya says there is a new feature which will let us "get rid" of surplus goods. To me this does not sound like a modification to the trader at all. Sounds like there is something in the works which will either 1. let us or 2. require us (please be #1) spend goods for **SOMETHING**. The "something" is what Helya is being cryptic about. Also of note, it implies that the quantities of goods involved might balance the trader. Given the scroll backlog, this would require a truly STAGGERING amount of scrolls to be cashed in.

Kekune

To me this does not sound like a modification to the trader at all. Sounds like there is something in the works
Yeah...I had a flashback to the Spire unveiling, but then decided I was reading too much into it. If I'm not the only one who thought that, maybe there's something to it. A new, expensive mini game? A magical cave that converts goods input into diamonds? Texas holdem, using scrolls for chips? Or...I've long been wondering why the tourney bonus chests stop at 19. It's just screaming for there to suddenly be a big new prize in a 20th chest. Maybe it's a spell that converts any amount of goods into any other good.

Anyway... speculation is worthless, but it's fun. And I'm impatient.

Momonar

Late to the conversation here, but my solution to the trading issue is to participate in the market making process to undercut rival margins (like a normal capitalistic system). With enough competition, the margins will shrink to what the market determines is a "reasonable fee" for trade goods conversion.

In Arendyll, before I started market making, the typical trade margin was 25% to 50% (for 20k of a desired good, market maker asking 25k to 40k of the oversupplied good). Other market makers were offering a 4 or 5% premium for the reverse trade, resulting in a 20% to 45% profit margin for the trader. This was crazy to me, but people were still paying it. My solution was to offer a 6 or 7% premium for the reverse trade and sell at cap of 15% (net margin 8% to 9%). I get paid a reasonable fee for the effort of posting trades and keeping goods flowing, and people have more options.

As I undercut the major market makers, they begin lowering their margins. On some S1 and S2 goods, the margins have narrowed to 4 to 6%. This is not unreasonable in my opinion.

StarLoad

In Arendyll, before I started market making...

As I undercut the major market makers, they begin lowering their margins. On some S1 and S2 goods, the margins have narrowed to 4 to 6%. This is not unreasonable in my opinion.
OK and pray tell, when was this as I have not seen you in the trade market on Arendyll, and I looked at all 66 pages of sentient trades and you are not there?

Also that's great for S1 and S2 and what about S3 goods?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
OK and pray tell, when was this as I have not seen you in the trade market on Arendyll, and I looked at all 66 pages of sentient trades and you are not there?

Also that's great for S1 and S2 and what about S3 goods?

Maybe the lack of trades from the Momonar is because the prices have come down? There is no need to undercut anybody if the price of the trade is "reasonable."

In any case, this is a demonstration, in my opinion, of exactly what I have said, and continue to say would happen if people just used the market forces in a normal and human manner. I see the same sort of thing going on in my markets and, even thought I have only 4 sentient goods producing mfrs and a bunch of gum trees, and moonstone gates, I have managed to accumulate around 300k of each sentient good even though I sell all my sentient goods at a 10% discount to the buyer. (Example: 20000 Bismuth for 18000 shrooms). In other words, I increased my production of bismuth and gum to more than meet my needs, then have been selling the surplus in order to create for my use, a surplus of every other sentient good. I can now cater the entire Spire without spending diamonds AND without running out of sentient goods.

"Proofs in the pudding" as they say.

AJ

Last edited: