• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Generating Better Spire Participation ** 1st Edit**

JessMac

How about, instead of just removing the SF from the gates you also adjust the SF offered by the other chests so the amount in the third tier remains the same? That way those needing the SF's are satisfied and those wanting other things -- or a greater chance of other things -- are also satisfied. So instead of 500, 1,000 1,500, 2,000 SF you'd have 1,000, 2,000, 3,000, and 0 SF (for instance, since I don't remember the exact amounts in each gate) in the four gates. If Soggy is right and you can easily delete the SF in the gates, it's probably even easier to adjust the amounts of SF in the other three.

AJ
I do believe Doja mentioned this a few comments up. But the fact that it’s been repeated just shows what a great idea it is! Great minds think alike! I honestly would be 100% fine with that!

JessMac

***Updated suggestion (original was removed)

REVISED:
This comment has been repeated by two separate individuals and I agree it would be the best solution. Upping the number of spell fragments offered on the third Tier at the chests in between gates. And removing them from all gate rewards but not changing any percentages of the other rewards on the gate chests.

PROS:
- It will not actually subtract the current amount of spell fragments offered in the spire.
- it would entice players to try and reach the third level to gain the better chest rewards. Knowing that their hard earned resources will go to better chests MIGHT increase spire participation. Which would also increase FS participation.
- INNO gets to keep all their other prizes in other things as they are. No changes to event building quests . No changes to FA. No change that I can see. But would love input.

CONS:
I’m sure recoding anything is never fun
would this new proposal be ok?

@lyapo1 @Darielle @Huor @Alram @SoggyShorts @Doja Aurora uru1462

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
would this new proposal be ok?
" Upping the number of spell fragments offered on the third Tier at the chests in between gates. And removing them from all gate rewards but not changing any percentages of the other rewards on the gate chests. "
What do you mean by not changing other percentages? SF come out of gates and into spots between gates but are replaced by nothing?
How would rolling a nothing feel better than getting SF?
Also, if the end result is the same total rewards per spire, why change anything at all?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@JessMac
Below are the current Spire prizes (and percentages). Maybe you can add these, and then highlight any changes you're hoping for in your suggestion. (these might be slightly off, I haven't needed to verify them recently)

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
Teleport building 55%
15 Diamonds 30%
10% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 15%

High Halls Boss 1
50 Diamonds 40%
10% Portal Profit or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 30%
Magic Residence 10%
Bear Artifact 10%
Dwarven Armorer 10%

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
2000 SF 55%
20 Diamonds 30%
Coin Rain 10%
Artifact 5%

Laboratory Boss 2
75 Diamonds 45%
Trading Station 10%
Artfact 10%
Magic Workshop 5%

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
2000 SF 55%
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 10%
Artifact 5%

Final Boss 3
125 Diamonds 45%
25% Portal Profit or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 20%
Dwarven Armorer 20%
Genie 10%
Artifact 5%

JessMac

What do you mean by not changing other percentages? SF come out of gates and into spots between gates but are replaced by nothing?
Also, if the end result is the same total rewards per spire, why change anything at all?
The actual end result is not the same. The chances for better rewards at the gates go up. But the chance for you to win the same amount of spell fragments is still the same. The reason they would not be replaced at gates is because the vast majority cannot agree on what to replace them with. This solution helps people that want sf removed but does not hurt people that don’t want them removed.

JessMac

@JessMac
Below are the current Spire prizes (and percentages). Maybe you can add these, and then highlight any changes you're hoping for in your suggestion. (these might be slightly off, I haven't needed to verify them recently)

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
Teleport building 55%
15 Diamonds 30%
10% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 15%

High Halls Boss 1
50 Diamonds 40%
Magic Residence 10%
Bear Artifact 10%
Dwarven Armorer 10%

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
2000 SF 55%
20 Diamonds 30%
Coin Rain 10%
Artifact 5%

Laboratory Boss 2
75 Diamonds 45%
Trading Station 10%
Artfact 10%
Magic Workshop 5%

500 SF 60%
3 CC 20%
15% Supply windfall 20%
2 hour 25%
5 hour 35%
1000 sf 40%
15% Coin Rain 20%
1250 SF 20%
3 1hr 60%
2000 SF 55%
20 Diamonds 30%
20% Coin Rain 10%
Artifact 5%

Final Boss 3
125 Diamonds 45%
25% Portal Profit or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 20%
Dwarven Armorer 20%
Genie 10%
Artifact 5%
You’re awesomeness just amazes me! Also these are just the gate chest rewards correct?

JessMac

After actually seeing the full layout of chest rewards some might need to be replaced with other already normal spire rewards.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I would make your prize changes specific, it will be easier for the poll if it's very clear what you're voting on.

Blue
3x 5 hour 40%
3 Combining Catalysts 25%
15% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 15%
20% Coin Rain 10%
20% Supply Windfall 10%
Purple
Artifact/Set building (depending on the Spire prize set) 30%
3 Teleport Building 30%
50% Portal Profit or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 30%
Genie 10%
Gold
2x 8 hour 50%
50% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 20%
Dwarven Armorer 20%
Artifact/Set building (depending on the Spire prize set) 10%

JessMac

I would make your prize changes specific, it will be easier for the poll if it's very clear what you're voting on.

Blue
3x 5 hour 40%
3 Combining Catalysts 25%
15% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 15%
20% Coin Rain 10%
20% Supply Windfall 10%
Purple
Artifact/Set building (depending on the Spire prize set) 30%
3 Teleport Building 30%
50% Portal Profit or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 30%
Genie 10%
Gold
2x 8 hour 50%
50% PP or Supply refill (chapter-specific) 20%
Dwarven Armorer 20%
Artifact/Set building (depending on the Spire prize set) 10%
That is the part I am currently struggling with. I cannot thank you enough for your help. After looking over the list i don’t think just removing them from gate chests would a good idea. On some of them they would need to be replaced with a reward. Or the chest is no better than a regular one.

JessMac

There's no need to rush, a well-thought-out suggestion is better to move forward.
Yes this will need some deep thought! And a bigger screen than a Mobil one! Thank you again for all of your help. Was my revised post at least in the ballpark of better formatting?

BrinDarby

@helya ,

Looking @ your 2 spoilers, and thks for those, can you shed any light
on where/what was add'd when things like endless scroll by iself, was
deleted as a prize ???

In that I mean sure the gold/purple and boss 3 might have a ML 4x4
but I seem to remember chances for smaller set bldgs like mana plant,
gumtree, Mgate, and Escroll available to win in other places, other than
just gold/purple & boss 3.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya ,

Looking @ your 2 spoilers, and thks for those, can you shed any light
on where/what was add'd when things like endless scroll by iself, was
deleted as a prize ???

In that I mean sure the gold/purple and boss 3 might have a ML 4x4
but I seem to remember chances for smaller set bldgs like mana plant,
gumtree, Mgate, and Escroll available to win in other places, other than
just gold/purple & boss 3.

Anywhere you see an Artifact it used to be a set building I believe. I'll have to look back to see if I saved my old list. Will get back to you.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My memory says there are 3 gates in the third tier. So here's my suggestion and rational with what to replace the Spell Fragments. Two are taken from the highest percent item of the Blue and Gold Mystery chests, and the third what I consider the best of the third mystery chest.

3x5 hr time instants from Blue Mystery Chest
2x8 hr time instants from the Gold Chest
3 teleport spells from the Purple Chest

Rational: Since the Blue and Gold mystery chests give the time instants the highest probability, it may mean they are the most desired or the least valuable in Inno's eyes. The Mystery chest items are supposed to be, I think, worth more than normal chest items, but the gates, again, in view, should be worth more than the normal gate but less than a Mystery Chest item. Since the percentages for spell fragments in the gates is about the same as the time instants in the two Mystery chests it's about as close as you can get to something equal but more valuable to most than spell fragments.

The third Mystery chests offers 3 items equally, but my impression is that nobody would complain if it were teleports while there might be a complaint or two of yet another portal profit or Artifact/set building (though this would be my second choice).

So increase the SF in the non gate chests and in the gate chest replace them with the three suggested. That's my solution, so to speak, though I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a lot of disagreement over the matter.

AJ

JessMac

My memory says there are 3 gates in the third tier. So here's my suggestion and rational with what to replace the Spell Fragments. Two are taken from the highest percent item of the Blue and Gold Mystery chests, and the third what I consider the best of the third mystery chest.

3x5 hr time instants from Blue Mystery Chest
2x8 hr time instants from the Gold Chest
3 teleport spells from the Purple Chest

Rational: Since the Blue and Gold mystery chests give the time instants the highest probability, it may mean they are the most desired or the least valuable in Inno's eyes. The Mystery chest items are supposed to be, I think, worth more than normal chest items, but the gates, again, in view, should be worth more than the normal gate but less than a Mystery Chest item. Since the percentages for spell fragments in the gates is about the same as the time instants in the two Mystery chests it's about as close as you can get to something equal but more valuable to most than spell fragments.

The third Mystery chests offers 3 items equally, but my impression is that nobody would complain if it were teleports while there might be a complaint or two of yet another portal profit or Artifact/set building (though this would be my second choice).

So increase the SF in the non gate chests and in the gate chest replace them with the three suggested. That's my solution, so to speak, though I wouldn't be too surprised if there's a lot of disagreement over the matter.

AJ
If you scroll up there are two separate post from Helya where she posted all gate rewards and the mystery box rewards (4 gates in 3rd tier ) I wasn’t 100% if you saw them or not. They say spoiler alert and you click on it and it will expand.
They must have recently changed percentages because her list has the 3rd mystery box as 50% 20% 20%. Not sure if this changes any of your suggestions

Actual question. Are you suggesting the removal of quantities from mystery chest to be added to spire? If so wouldn’t it just be better to leave the quantities as they are and just insert your suggestions? (It is highly possible I’m not following this part 100)

But overall I believe this is in the direction I want to go with it too. Good point on hierarchy of chests.

JessMac

Also I’m worried what Inno will feel is too generous as gate selections. Diamonds are already possibility in gate 4 and final gate and by just removing the sf from gate four it leaves the diamond option the highest. The other 3 gates the sf option would be replaced with something else. Another problem is that they should over all be better than the gate before. But then people will complain about which prize they think should be in what order.

OIM20

But then people will complain about which prize they think should be in what order.
A life truism: people will always complain.

Even if Inno were to make everyone who is currently playing the game 100% happy with it, the very next person who joins the game might take issue with something Inno did to make the rest of us happy and start complaining, arguing that it was better the way it was before.

As an alternative, you could simply suggest evening out percentages of prizes that are equally liked. There is a chest in the MA that offers equal opportunity to win 35 KP or 8 x 8hr boosters.