• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fed up with Orc requirement in Negotaions

DeletedUser627

So very sorry. I just don't think it's possible to enjoy playing through Dwarven and all of Fairy with only the Research expansions. Which is probably the intent, since i think its Inno's way of trying to weed out the no/low pay players who are determined enough to stick it out and resist the push to spend. They just make it miserable for them and hope they'll quit.

dikke ikke

I already fight/negotiate for 3 extra expansions to get thru the dwarven level and I still did not reach expansion 25 :( Gathering granite and copper takes very long, luckily I have some AW's to fill them up with KP's

DeletedUser3312

I am one that buys premium expansions. It's the only way I can stay sane. It irks me that they continue going up in cost with each one you buy. That is such a .. well I'm a lady and don't need to say what I'm thinking. Suffice it to say that Inno is a money hungry could care less about players to the inth degree bunch of folks. I love the game, for the most part, and stay because I have already poured so much money into it. I do not advise people to do this.

DeletedUser43

I'm so sorry. I'm with Bobbi. I can't imagine how bad it is now to face Dwarves and fairies with no room. The good news is that one day, if you save all your goods, you'll have tons of provinces to clear all at once. But it is so awful what you are facing.

DeletedUser3312

I'm with Bobbi. I can't imagine how bad it is now to face Dwarves and fairies with no room

yes.... this may be the point where I say... "wait..stop. this is crazy to contine" I enjoy the game so far kinda sorta as the need for diamonds is so slammed in ones face. you either play slow over month and months with little activity or you pay money to play. I am getting tired of having to play so damn much money for this fekkin game. the devs have simply gotten over the top greedy and desirous of being millionaires.

DeletedUser43

If they were greedy then they would provide a very fun game and make a fortune off of it. They aren't greedy, they never listen to their customers or provide things that we want to buy. I wish they were greedy! Then maybe we would see cool skins and backdrops and be able to buy things and trade them. The game would get much better.

These devs are foolish. They consistently make customers unhappy. You can't make as much money that way!

DeletedUser3507

My actual thoughts are get rid of the Orc negotiating cost.
Its all ready difficult enough to fight and win, 10-25% chance....
Its bad enough when residence go from 3 x 3 to 4 x 2 etc...

Make it fair to those that don't purchase diamond.
I i agree the price should stay fixed and not escalate as was mentioned above....
That's a unfair practice.....In my opinion even if I do buy diamonds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
It is entirely possible to do dwarves and fairies without buying any diamonds. It doesn't take forever although it may take longer then some prefer. I have had towns get to the those chapters and realised I had forgotten to clear provinces to unlock the chapter and then had to clear 10-20 provinces to proceed so it also isn't necessary to clear 222 provinces prior to or during these eras either.

Not saying extra space ain't nice or it ain't a challenge but it certainly is very possible while still amassing a ton of goods and fighting or negotiating as desired.

DeletedUser43

Not saying extra space ain't nice or it ain't a challenge but it certainly is very possible while still amassing a ton of goods and fighting or negotiating as desired.

I am wondering how it will be if people don't have any room for more houses so they can build more factories (or upgrade them) in order to make those goods you need to progress. Any ideas anyone?

DeletedUser3575

@Bobbykitty While I'm definitely against all of this pay-to-win updating, I managed to get the Glossy Garden AND Venar's Rocks (just the first one) at the very beginning of the Dwarves chapter, and those two buildings have helped IMMENSELY with population and culture for me as a free player. I hope these type of prizes are made available more often through events (and maybe the big ones will even be possible for us free-loaders to get!) because they might be the only way for me to deal with the limited space availability and remain in the game.

I have TONS of residences (39, plus Abyss) and now that I have the special buildings I think I can probably get rid of a couple. I'm hesitant to do so quite yet but I do feel I have some flexibility at this point - kind of nice, since I got pretty dejected when the new changes were put into place!

DeletedUser3510

I'm new to the forum but have been playing for about a year. I haven't bought diamonds in over 6 months and have just finished Dwarves. It took over 2 months longer to finish that chapter than if you add the hours on the research tree for that chapter but it can be done.

qaccy

Think of Orcs being a new good that you need to be sufficiently researched in order to produce. You've simply reached the point where the developers feel that it's reasonable to include them in negotiation costs. It's not really much different from enemy squads getting so large that you require a larger squad yourself and/or unit upgrades in order to successfully battle.

DeletedUser627

It is entirely possible to do dwarves and fairies without buying any diamonds. It doesn't take forever although it may take longer then some prefer. I have had towns get to the those chapters and realised I had forgotten to clear provinces to unlock the chapter and then had to clear 10-20 provinces to proceed so it also isn't necessary to clear 222 provinces prior to or during these eras either.

This was relevant to the past. The question is: are you now currently trying to get a city all the way through Dwarven and Fairy and into Orc without any Province Expansions?

The coup d'etat is coming - the "reason for the season" of Orc requirements:

We're supposed to run out of space, and buy Magic Residences to put on our purchased Expansions.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
This was relevant to the past. The question is: are you now currently trying to get a city all the way through Dwarven and Fairy and into Orc without any Province Expansions?

Yes I currently have a town in Dwarves moving along well that has an MA, 2 wonders, between 150K-500K of goods in each tier,regular caters and fights in tournaments within the towns ability, has 3 expansions worth of space available (4, just realised I haven't placed a tech one), and has done 120 provinces so i have some work to do as I am a good way through dwarves. I have had a town in orcs with dwarf, fairy and orc portals and buildings as I was behind on quests (due to not building the MA) and I was catching them up once I had built it.

The issue is not space that has been restricted it is the strategy that has been chosen has been restricted. Orcs has absolutely restricted certain strategies but it also has not restricted them all, any new player just won't have certain strategies available to them that we have had previously but they also do and likely will have other new strategy options that we did not.

DeletedUser3507

For my part these escalating diamond prices for purchased expansion makes me want not to continue.
Shame on them.
They must think we would not complain.

And the Orc requirement for anything past 10 from your spot on the world is not fair, makes you have to buy over priced "small" expansion.

Grrrr......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3696

I can see frustration for those that buy a couple extra builders but then stop spending. They like keeping these builders busy so they end up expanding by catering a ton of provinces to get expansions, which further allows them to build more workshops, residences and manufactories. This allows them to further cater and so on and so on.
They also get a lot of runes early on for a limited # of AWs (they haven't opened up future chapters) and they pump a lot of kp into them that they get from catering.
The problem we have here for some is they've progressed thru the provinces and expansions faster than the tech tree with relative ease. From a game design standpoint this is a broken strategy. Fighting is part of the game and a lot of design time has been put into it, but for a lot of players they simply never fight. They may as well have a cater all 8 button and just add up the cumulative cost - for some they would do this without hesitation.
Now that the developers are trying to fix this, you have a lot of players upset (I'm not trying to debate the right or wrong of that), but you can kind of see why Inno has taken a bit of this away for future players.
My suggestion to those stuck is to hit tournaments for at least 2 provinces x 3 rounds. You get about 20 bonus kp and relics plus 1 rune. If you do 4x you get 2 extra runes. Also, stop pumping kp into your AWs.

DeletedUser3312

Fighting is part of the game and a lot of design time has been put into it, but for a lot of players they simply never fight. They may as well have a cater all 8 button and just add up the cumulative cost - for some they would do this without hesitation.
Now that the developers are trying to fix this, you have a lot of players upset (I'm not trying to debate the right or wrong of that), but you can kind of see why Inno has taken a bit of this away for future players.

T, you really need to take me under your wing and come fight some of my battles for me. smiles. No matter what I do, and you visit me every day and know what I have, I can't win a fight. It gets frustrating. My military is way to puny to fight the lizard people, rock people, and others the province owner puts out there. No matter how much I upgrade armories, barracks, and research the military personnel, I don't stand a chance. I just upgraded the paladin and the priest. Didn't help. They get one hit from a lizard and they are done. and I'm working on level 13 squad upgrade. The opponents are simply way to powerful for us puny humans to kill.

DeletedUser1987

Just unlocked my first ring 10 province. I am halfway through dwarves! I'm not going to be getting access to orcs for a while, especially since my research is stalled out while I upgrade my granite mines and copper foundries to make pushing through the rest of dwarves easier, and then there's all of fairies to contend with. Fortunately it was a crystal province so I could auto fight with treants, but if it was an elixir or marble province... *shudder*. It would've been a complete waste of the coins I spent scouting it! All of the people in my trading block are rings and rings away still! How am I supposed to find them to trade with them if I cannot clear provinces?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There is a solution to the trading matter that is been worked on in beta at the moment. If it proves successful hopefully we will see it on a live server soon.