• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

able99

The Tournament Tab and world view tournament banner currently shows the points contributed by each member in the fellowship.
Members with no points are not on the list.
I propose at the start of every Tournament, every member of the fellowship is listed with a 0 score. As they earn points in the tournament, their score is updated accordingly. This is different than adding names to the list as points are contributed.
There are 2 reasons the change would be helpful.
1. It would make it easier to identify a members not contributing in the tournament. Currently to determine who is not contributing, someone needs to compare the roster with the tournament scores to find who is missing. This is a pain to do with a 25 member fellowship and the orders of the names are always different.
2. A member seeing their name with a zero score will encourage tournament participation. Win win for everyone.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

I am against this .. the solution to missing members is copy both lists into
a spreadsheet, do a sort, then compare them..... its easy peasy.....

I am not into "shaming ppl with a 0 score" into playing, especially if they
took the week off or has permission to do so.

DeletedUser29768

I am against this .. the solution to missing members is copy both lists into
a spreadsheet, do a sort, then compare them..... its easy peasy.....
Sarcasm detected.
I am not into "shaming ppl with a 0 score" into playing, especially if they
took the week off or has permission to do so.
The idea is not to make it easier for their fellows to jump all over them, but if they can see their score listed as a zero, it might make them think twice when they would otherwise ignore the tournament.

hvariidh gwendrot

i keep trying not to make my responses sound snarky as there are only 25 members in a fellowship .. if you have communicated with your members when they join and they know what is expected, and communicate with your members as members of your fellowship, they will let you know when they are hunting sasquatch at jellystone, with the family, you can do things like 25-2 =23 .. and estats isn't inno made or sanctioned but it shows everything including weekly scores and 4 week average and nothing says hey guys participation is part of a membership here by clicking on expel member and letting them see it does .. the ones who want to play will appreciate it

BrinDarby

Job,
the only ppl that ever bugg'd me were ppl that did 30 or 60,
then scarf'd up a BP @ week's end .... we get 10 chests and we
have an absurdly low 150pt min if u play, and playing is optional.

But for those anal players that watch, they will notice after a few weeks....
the same few ppl continue to ... not play ... more often than not....
ya don't even need a SS for that..... and for those, Gwen is right, eject button.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
you can do things like 25-2 =23
"Hmm, only 23 people on the list, who's missing?"
.. the solution to missing members is copy both lists into
a spreadsheet, do a sort, then compare them.....
A third-party utility can't be the best option.

• Just like adding the chest information on AW before anyone contributes this idea gives useful information without any real downside.
  • The spire should also show everyone all the time.
  • Players leave/quit this game without notice.
  • Being able to see that the missing person is [Dave] is a helpful reminder for "oh yeah, he said something about being away this week"

DeletedUser22644

Information is just that information and it is what you do with that information that is important. It matters not that I have 0 points at a given time its what I have when it ends that is all that should matter.

DeletedUser29768

....exactly? NONE of those sites should exist. All of that info should be in-game, or in the wiki attached to the game.
The only exception would be spoilers if this was a modern game with professional developers.
There's a place for wikis, etc., outside of a game, but I would love to see the functionality of ElvenArchitect incorporated in-game.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wiki is the quintesential 3rd party site ...
Game wiki's are common and acceptable (they are different than Wikipedia as @enev points out).
I don't approve of Inno being in charge since they don't disclose mechanics there (like spire formula) and all game wikis should be player-driven for that reason. This is what we have though

DeletedUser29768

I don't approve of Inno being in charge since they don't disclose mechanics there (like spire formula) and all game wikis should be player-driven for that reason.
Hence Elven Gems. I don't object to 3rd party resources per se, but if something can reasonably be incorporated in-game, that is certainly preferable.

able99

There is a shared spreadsheet available for FA where everyone in the fs can see what badges are needed and enter the ones they are making to minimize duplication. I tried implementing this in 3 different fellowships, and was surprised at the non use and members telling me they weren't familiar with or didn't want to bother using a spreadsheet.
Suggesting that the information is readily available by pasting 2 list to a spreadsheet is exactly the reason zeros on a tournament list is a good idea. No-one is trying to embarrass anyone because everyone starts with a zero. Also some players choose to start tournament later in the week so perhaps they can stretch a DA over 2 week. They will have a zero for a while and eventually people will understand their strategy and maybe learn a new trick.
If however someone is embarrassed for consistently having a zero, and starts to pay more attention to tournaments, then that's a Good Thing.
It takes pressure off everyone else.

Last edited: