• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Lots of "game lagging" complaints

Huor

Torcuato, Just to throw this out there, I was running along good on my old chromebook until my city got to big and it started getting stream errors and they just got worse. Once I switched to a newer chromebook, I think I've only seen one since. On the PC I was able to turn off the animations. You can't do that with the app. Strange 3 devices at once, but if the PC's are laptops, it would be worth a try to turn off the animations just to see if it cuts the errors down and may let you know if you hit the same wall I did.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
hi helya,
I've been having the lagging "stream error" for a week now, both at work and home and pc and cell phone. I never had that before. I find weird that 2 devices and 2 places were fine and at the same time all are having the same problem. Hope this helps. Thanks
What world(s) and what Browser do you use @Torcuato?
Can you do the same steps I requested of OIM20 up above and send me a message with your results?

HonuMoana

Well, I do need a cup of tea every time I have to reload the troop queues. I know that much. They put the capital "L" in LAG.

Torcuato

What world(s) and what Browser do you use @Torcuato?
Can you do the same steps I requested of OIM20 up above and send me a message with your results?
Hi helya,
I don't think my tech skills might get that far. I am playing in Felyndral and use Google Chrome. I can tell you that it seems to have improved a lot since my previous post.

Torcuato

Torcuato, Just to throw this out there, I was running along good on my old chromebook until my city got to big and it started getting stream errors and they just got worse. Once I switched to a newer chromebook, I think I've only seen one since. On the PC I was able to turn off the animations. You can't do that with the app. Strange 3 devices at once, but if the PC's are laptops, it would be worth a try to turn off the animations just to see if it cuts the errors down and may let you know if you hit the same wall I did.
Hi Hour,
thanks for the help. I've always had my setting to the lowest, but to avoid any sort of this issue. ; D

OIM20

I don't think my tech skills might get that far.
No worries. :) You don't have to do the videos, if that's what you mean.

So, to run a speedtest, you can either go to your ISP's website and find their page for running a speedtest, or you can go to this website: https://www.speedtest.net/

Speedtest.net is run by Ookla. Yes, the site will locate your computer to run the test, but you do not need to share any of your results publicly.

When you first go to that page, you'll see the word "GO" inside a circle. Below that, on the left your ISP should be listed and on the right, after it locates the closest server to you to test from, will be listed the location of where your computer will be pinged from.

After you click "GO", it will take it several seconds depending on the strength and type of your connection. Satellite internet, for example, is slower than fiber-optic. So don't worry about it taking a little time. Though, I will grant you, the less time it takes, the better your connection is.

Once the test is done, you'll see a screen that looks like this:
SpeedTest Demo.jpg

Just PM @helya with the URL and let her know why (you're having lag issues - though specificity is key). Because it tells the developers whether it's definitely something on their end, or if it could be a connection issue.

These pages have instructions on opening a private browser:
  1. on PC: https://www.computerworld.com/artic...ognito-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-edge.html
  2. on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/use-private-browsing-ibrw1069/mac
  3. Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android
  4. iOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036
And once helya has your results via PM, she'll be better equipped to try to resolve the issue. :)

*plates freshly baked cookies for helya* Soggy got his in the beta thread. ;)

YarL

In case this in useful… my new iPad Pro has had almost no problems while running the app. Everything loads amazingly fast. I can visit a neighbor in a second for example. I can do 20 auto combats as fast as my brain will let me. It is great 99.99% of the time. But…

Here is the one problem I have seen on my very fast iPad running the app:
**the entire city goes black and I cannot get any buildings to show up. I have to resort to stopping the app and rerunning it.**

I have several laptops and desktops in my home office and I have experienced the problems mentioned here On them Lately. This is a periodic problem that I am sure the developers understand (or they can talk to previous developers). I think are running up against some limitations experienced on the web version. I had thought that the problem would be less under HTML5 (as opposed to Flash), but I thought wrong. But the super slow loading, and missing images is a real thing… and I think it is much worse on some computers. I don’t know the exact cause.