• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The devs said in the video they're trying to promote MORE tournament engagement so that's where the game is heading. Are people laying weekly goose eggs in tournament suddenly feeling like the devs are shaming them? Should the devs just scrap Fellowship Perks features so nobody feels bad?
No, not the perks. Obviously, it's the tournament they should scrap.
tap.png

Valtitude

There's a place for wikis, etc., outside of a game, but I would love to see the functionality of ElvenArchitect incorporated in-game.
I've never used Elven Architect, but there's a button available to turn off seeing Buildings in game, on mobile.

Visible with long press on building as if to sell it. Building disappear, but spaces they occupy take their place. Color coded, too.

Has to be similar to Elven Arch, isn't it?

DeletedUser29768

Has to be similar to Elven Arch, isn't it?
Yes, there are some similarities, but Eleven Architect goes much further. The primary advantage is that you can experiment with various layouts, upgrades, etc., without changing your actual city. Thus, you can freely place expansions, shift buildings around, and plan for future levels with no effect on your game (so no teleporting, selling, or misplaced expansions). The flat buildings mode certainly makes it easier to see your current layout and move buildings that you need to move. However, it is no replacement for Elven Architect as far as I'm concerned.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think if there is an overall activity ranking board....Some FS are going to care.
Since this is way off topic and isn't the beta thread and this stuff isn't yet released live, I'm going to put my response in an in-line spoiler, jic.

I think you're right. But that seems to be the direction they're going. Here's the official video on the new FS Perks:
Fellowship Progression
Once released, FS's will have a 'level' based on member activities. The FS earns Experience points from Neighborly Help, Spire and Tourney activities completed by members. The higher the level, the more perks for the FS.

hvariidh gwendrot

just listing a name means they are part of the fellowship and they know what they are doing ..putting a zeronext to a name is being done by someone else who thinks that player is not doing enough, or not smart enough to know there is a tournament, so seems to be a difference worth thinking about as when zeros pop up support is going to start getting complaints .. why do math where anyone is going to feel bad, when leaving out the zeros and just listing names seems to be acceptable to players, who are gone for good or bad reasons, then come back and get upset with a zero.. unless you just want to upset people

hvariidh gwendrot

as far as hogwash on examples the one i used about a mom dying was given to me by a member .. she sent everyone a message saying she was going o take care of arrangements and the funeral, , seeing a zero next to her name for that time period would have upset her .. so saying it wont happen is nonsense .. the i was with my family for a trip was also brought up another on world where after having a great time with the family she comes back and sees a zero .. she would not have liked that .. so saying people wont care is the hogwash

Killy-

just listing a name means they are part of the fellowship and they know what they are doing ..putting a zeronext to a name is being done by someone else who thinks that player is not doing enough, or not smart enough to know there is a tournament, so seems to be a difference worth thinking about as when zeros pop up support is going to start getting complaints .. why do math where anyone is going to feel bad, when leaving out the zeros and just listing names seems to be acceptable to players, who are gone for good or bad reasons, then come back and get upset with a zero.. unless you just want to upset people

Nope it is not, it is all about what you make it. Either it is ok to not participate in the tournament in your FS or it is not. The 0 doesn't change anything about that fact. You decide if the 0 is ok or not (no participation is ok or not).

StarLoad

.... why do math where anyone is going to feel bad, when leaving out the zeros and just listing names seems to be acceptable to players,...
So you feel that listing a name and a blank space is better than the name and the actual tournament score?

player 1 -1600
player 2 - 120
player 3 - 0

player 1 -1600
player 2 - 120
player 3 -

For the life of me, I can't see how the blank space is better than the actual score, I would think more Questions would arise about why my score isn't there?

hvariidh gwendrot

i already explained their thoughts .. listing the names is showing who is in the fellowship .. if it has no score then all that think 10 minutes a week is to much to keep current on your members is solved >>>you look and see .. putting a zero there is being done by an AI that is saying you are not doing what you should, or you are slow in getting it done, or that you are not smart enough to know a tournament has started regardless of the why's etc etc my objections to this is it is unneeded code for a problem that doesn't exist

Killy-

putting a zero there is being done by an AI that is saying you are not doing what you should, or you are slow in getting it done, or that you are not smart enough to know a tournament has started regardless of the why's etc etc my objections to this is it is unneeded code for a problem that doesn't exist

Where does the 0 says any of that? It does not say "that isn't enoug", "your are not smart enough" or anything else you interpret into it. It simple states the fact, that you have done 0 points, everthing else is made up by you.

hvariidh gwendrot

i did not interpret any of those things they were given to me to use as examples for the forum by others .. i once again state my objection to this as unneeded code for a problem that does not exist and have stuck to that as my objection

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Shame is an emotional response to one’s feeling of their relationship to themselves. It is not caused by external forces. If a number triggers the sense of shame in someone, hiding the number from view doesn’t solve the root cause of that feeling. Fixing one’s own view of themselves would. This is why case 3 is possible bc it’s in the person’s head. It has nothing to do with the game (or Lamborghinis). Saying the zero is the problem is a close cousin of shame. His name is Blame.

hvariidh gwendrot

anger is also an emotional response, as the example of the person coming back from having to deal with a family emergency and see that an AI assigned them a 0 for doing so , there is an acceptable alternative to avoid the problem if folks would unclinch and take a real look at the idea.. if responding to my post using the word or experience of shame is not correct ..

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I seriously don't understand currents conversation.

Well maybe I do, it's point 2 of the TS.
The reason should not be to shame anyone, but to make it less cumbersome to find out which players are missing in the tournaments, so the archmage can eithr ask why, or kick the player.

in a fellowship where tournaments do not count it does not matter, in fellowships where you are suppossed to participate, wel you should participate.

Right now we see X players missing and then painstakingly find out who that is. and it doesnt matter if it's tournament, spire or FSA. all three are a pain to find out who is missing. this is just an easy way to see it.

hvariidh gwendrot

the solution of communicating via word/type solves any problems of knowing what your fellowship is doing and again is more of an elegant solution vs the unneeded code, but that takes us back to page one on this thread .. the idea of talking to your fellowship as hard or painstaking is also a misrepresentation in some peoples (yes including mine) minds on this

SoggyShorts

as far as hogwash on examples the one i used about a mom dying was given to me by a member .. she sent everyone a message saying she was going o take care of arrangements and the funeral, , seeing a zero next to her name for that time period would have upset her
Why? Why would she be upset? Did she forget that she was busy that week? Why would she check her tournament score, and if she did how would her zero come as a surprise to her? Still hogwash.
the solution of communicating via word/type solves any problems of knowing what your fellowship is doing and again is more of an elegant solution vs the unneeded code
The current method of comparing the FS members list to the tournament score/FA stage/spire to see who is missing is tedious. The "elegant" solution is to simply list the names there.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Once the new Perks system makes it to the Live servers, a lot of this argument about participating or not will be replaced with a greater emphasis on daily play and fellowship participation. So I can see now that a lot of the more casual players will get booted from their more competitive fellowships who have been content to carry their dead weight.

hvariidh gwendrot

again off the mark .. never said she checked while she buried her mom, but coming back and seeing a zero after would have made her angry (she used different language but anyway) .. and they seem to think if this goes through that just listing the names is acceptable .. i personally was surprised with the blowback to a zero, but listing without a zero seem ok to them

SoggyShorts

coming back and seeing a zero after would have made her angry
Again, why? Did she forget that she was busy that week? Why would she check her tournament score(when she got back), and if she did how would her zero come as a surprise to her? Still hogwash.
and they seem to think if this goes through that just listing the names is acceptable .. i personally was surprised with the blowback to a zero, but listing without a zero seem ok to them
You found it surprising because it's kinda crazy since the difference between a score of zero and no score is almost...zero. :rolleyes: :p

Last edited: