• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Suggestion for New Event Building: Pet Food

New Event Building offering Pet Food

• In Favor

Votes: 58 96.7%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LisaMV

One of my fs members, MagicDomino, wished there were a pet food building. I got to thinking, and I propose that a future evolving event building gives 1 pet food per time period. (Would be nice if it was 24 hours, but I wouldn't mind 48 or even 72, if the Inno gods demanded it.) I think that anything producing pet food would be sought after. How about a building that has a squirrel graphic, storing up nuts (pet food) for the winter? That would give them a whole year to program, execute and create the graphics. (Yeah, I'm thinking long haul.) For those who want to see it sooner, they could do a bear catching a fish (pet food) and storing it. Whatcha think of this idea? I hope it hasn't been rejected in the past; I haven't seen it anyway.
:) OK Darielle ~ I think you should go work for Inno, seriously! "Product Development" :diamond::diamond::diamond:

DeletedUser29768

This would be very cool if it happened. I just don't know if there's enough incentive for Inno to actually implement it. Nevertheless, it's a good idea, and should definitely be out there as a possibility.

C'mon INNO! We have all these Birds, and Bears that require Pet Food, and it's the most rare thing in the MA! What gives?!?!?!? Dole out more or let's have a building that produces it! My animals are starving, and it's your fault!!!

michmarc

While I'm sure everyone would like more pet food in the same way that everyone would like more diamonds, I can't really see it happening. When the feeding animals first rolled out, Inno said that scarcity of pet food was a limiting factor for the powerful feeding abilities that these buildings had.

If pet food were as plentiful as mana or seeds, then the "limiting factor" of having to decide when you feed your pets goes away and you might as well make those benefits permanent.

Having a building that produced pet food, even at a rate of 1/week (unless it was a unique building that you couldn't have more than one of) would completely wreck that balance. It would also threaten to become another one of those "required buildings that everyone must have or you are hopelessly behind everyone else" like the Fire Phoenix has become.

[Maybe an expiring building, like the Trading Station, would fly. 1 food/48 h, expires in 50 days. But even then, Inno would have to make it rare enough that you couldn't just flood your city with them -- like one of the rare chest prizes in the spire.]

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
While I'm sure everyone would like more pet food in the same way that everyone would like more diamonds, I can't really see it happening. When the feeding animals first rolled out, Inno said that scarcity of pet food was a limiting factor for the powerful feeding abilities that these buildings had.

If pet food were as plentiful as mana or seeds, then the "limiting factor" of having to decide when you feed your pets goes away and you might as well make those benefits permanent.

This is true, but the big issue is that Inno does not bother to repeat that information. It has been over 2 1/2 years since we got the original Phoenix buildings, and I do not think even once since has Inno reminded everyone that pet food is designed to be scarce and that you are not supposed to be able to feed every pet every week, or multiple times a week. So all the people who have been playing for less than two years do not understand this.

OIM20

pet food is designed to be scarce
Really? That's surprising given how often it shows up in all of my MAs. I craft it every time it's the 1650 frags recipe, not as often when it takes relics and CCs. Is it truly supposed to be a rare item?

I have 10 in Elcysandir, 21 in Sinya Arda, and 14 in Harandar. The only reason Elcy is so low is because I've used some in the last few days on my brown bear for troops. (I hadn't been making it in Harandar that often before the event because I didn't have a 'pet' building in that city.) I had a lot of temporary military buildings out that I wanted to get the most use out of and even got through a couple of provinces sitting on my orc wall through battling using them. My only goal there now with respect to the pet food is to hold four back for the duration of the FA. I have two red pandas to feed, after all. ;)

So I'm honestly curious - was pet food actually initially intended to be a rare/scarce item?

michmarc

Really? That's surprising given how often it shows up in all of my MAs.

And people complain it doesn't show up there very often.

It's not artifact scarce, but available in limited quantities. Sort of like the military buildings (Unleashed Unit, etc), you can only craft them at the rate they show up in the MA; you can't make "as much as you want" like you can for coins, supplies, goods, enchantments, etc. It's also one of the few things you can't buy with diamonds.

The fact that people keep asking for more pet food suggests that it is "rare enough" that they can't get as much as they would like.

OIM20

Perhaps this is my language failing again, as my understanding of the word 'scarce'. I take your meaning, @michmarc. It would be interesting to see an analysis of when people see pet food (hard data), but that would require an enormous amount of coordination for data collection.

I think I'll start my own spreadsheet. Often we perceive something one way when actual numbers show something differently. So perhaps I am perceiving that I see it often because it shows up across all cities (instead of just one) with some frequency for me. I shall start compiling. :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@OIM20
If you're into the math/data:
There was a crowdsourcing effort for determining the MA recipes and their probabilities. It started before the recipes were grouped into the current configuration (originally all recipes were one big pool that could appear in any of the slots; now each slot has a specific set of recipes that only appear in that slot), but ended after those changes were introduced. The player is no longer playing the game, but the info is archived on his site at:
MinMax: Crafting
The top link (Probabilities Analysis) gives detailed info as the data was gathered and since I was around for that, I followed it then; couldn't explain it to anyone else as the info is way over my head! But following it then gave it the credibility I needed to accept the 'rarity' scale as very close to accurate. That rarity rating was reported on the 2nd link there for each recipe.