• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Latest tournament changes

frier

Some of the new tournament rules was a bad idea. The announcement says that the change in the relic distribution was made so new players can collect relics faster. However, I don't think this achieves that and the new distribution system makes it essentially impossible to target a specific relic. Even new players, or perhaps especially new players need specific relics. In the old system, they could wait for the week of the specific relic, make a huge effort and collect as many as they can. In this new system the relics are distributed evenly, so if a new player needs one specific relic, they are forced to collect the same amount from each. Of course, eventually this might lead to a benefit, but it is way down the road that they need each of the relics. So, my suggestion is, please go back to giving out relics that conform with the actual tournament and forget this foray into silliness. :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Some of the new tournament rules was a bad idea. The announcement says that the change in the relic distribution was made so new players can collect relics faster. However, I don't think this achieves that and the new distribution system makes it essentially impossible to target a specific relic.

Perhaps more correct verbiage would have been that new players would be able to collect a range of relics more consistently. If you want specific relics (as before), you will need to go to the world map and play those provinces that are of the relic you need. I don't think it will be that far down the road that it will be consistent and giving regular good amounts of what you need.

Iyapo1

New players do not have enough tournament tents open to do push weeks. The first few tournaments they will have very few open tents. Under the old system they would then have to wait through a nine week cycle to get more of whichever relic they need.

Under the new system they will be able to shorten the wait time and start collecting needed relics faster.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So you know. I don't read these posts where your reply is contained in someone else's quote. I typically read the Forum on my phone, it's too much to sort, especially when it's likely that I've already read the previous post hours or days ago.

Iyapo1

The biggest issue I see is they forgot to rotate the relics for each round so a new player would see all 9 relics per tournament
They did not forget to do this. It was not an over sight or a mistake. Some players just think it would have been better that way.

frier

New players do not have enough tournament tents open to do push weeks. The first few tournaments they will have very few open tents. Under the old system they would then have to wait through a nine week cycle to get more of whichever relic they need.

Under the new system they will be able to shorten the wait time and start collecting needed relics faster.

This is misguided thinking. The same reason implies that on any given tournament they could only get one specific relic from at most a single tent, and on some weeks they might not even get any tents with the one relic they need. At the end of 9 weeks they might get fewer relics this way and it requires a lot more effort. If they can get the relics they need from, say, the first three tents, then they can just concentrate on that. The new way forces them to go deep and collect a lot more than what they need.

BrinDarby

They did not forget to do this. It was not an over sight or a mistake. Some players just think it would have been better that way.

Incorrect , the announcement said players would get some of ALL relics each week. ( not true )
Because if 1 round ends on scrolls and the next round doesn't start on silk ( true wraparound )
then anyone with less than 9 provinces open, will NOT get some of ALL relics each week.
The fewer provinces ( than 9 ) you have, the MORE relics each week are un-obtainable.....