• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Perhaps the Phoenix is superfluous

Gkyr

Chef
I did the whole 27 province round and 4 spire encounters without even noticing that I didn't feed the phoenix.
Sometimes I think that the Phoenix just permits sloppy and hasty battle set-ups and that a little advanced planning and calculation gives one the same advantage that the Phoenix does.
Obviously this post appears to be self-praising but that is not the point.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Sometimes I think that the Phoenix just permits sloppy and hasty battle set-ups
aaaa.png

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Last week, I was in an encounter in the Lab of the Spire. During the second wave, it was as if all my troops suddenly turned into pumpkins because the feeding effect on the Fire Phoenix expired. They launched one last round marshmallows at the enemies before they all got slaughtered. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It makes a huge difference for me. But it actually depends on the level to which it's evolved. If you have a fire that is evolved to stage 2, then I can understand why it wouldn't make that much difference. If it's fully evolved to stage 10, then it would surprise me if it didn't make a difference, and far more difference than can be made up with strategy or being "not sloppy."

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
This reminds me of the guy who said he saw no problem with smoking dope because he'd been doing it for years and still managed to rise to store manager. I asked him if he was sure he wouldn't have risen to CEO if he hadn't smoked dope all his life? He wasn't sure, and neither was I. Historic "what if's" are difficult as the situations are seldom exactly the same. In a game like this the variables are so many we can only get a statistical analysis of things and the variance in that statistical analysis makes it nearly impossible to apply it to a single situation and figure out exactly what influenced that situation and to what degree.

So, like in most things, we are reduced to a sort of pseudo-statistical (read "psychological") measure in which we thing it's "probably," or "likely" that this or that is true rather than not. Better than nothing but I wouldn't invest in anything based on pseudo-statistical reasoning. I'm keeping my chicken.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@crackie
Same happened to me, but in the second level. I assume you compared losses between feeding and not feeding?
100% loss. They all died. It was in the city where I manual fight so I got to watch them turn into pumpkins in front of me. All was well in the first wave, but as second wave began, I watched in horror as their arrows and axes turned into marshmallows and just bounced off the enemies while they laughed maniacally at my suddenly futile and feeble army. Pretty much if you expect it to take 2 shots to kill a unit and it suddenly turned into 5, everyone is going to be out of position for the next round and get slaughtered.

I will say I used to sprint the Spire every other week to stretch out my expiring buff buildings for 2 weeks. One week, I had to leave and didn’t finish the sprint before everything expired. I only had 3 encounters left and next tourney was 3 days away so I didn’t want to drop new buff buildings yet. I decided to finish it with just a fed Fire. To my surprise, I won. My Fire was only lvl 5 then. That’s when I realized I didn’t need as much buffing as I thought to fight the Lab and even a half evolved Fire can carry me through. I had been using 4 buffs, but now I only use 2 and don’t need to sprint anymore. I sync Spire to my tourney rounds.

Tehya1

@crackie I should have been clear. I meant to direct that assumption at the OP. @Gkyr , have you compared losses with feeding verses not feeding? If I have enough ts, I can get through the tourneys, but I lose a lot more without the fed fire bird. To me, tracking losses is a better measure of success than simply getting though all of the battles.

Dew Spinner

@crackie I should have been clear. I meant to direct that assumption at the OP. @Gkyr , have you compared losses with feeding verses not feeding? If I have enough ts, I can get through the tourneys, but I lose a lot more without the fed fire bird. To me, tracking losses is a better measure of success than simply getting though all of the battles.
I would say that anypne who says the Fire Phoenix is not worth it is hitting the Bourbon to hard! It is the #1 most poweful building in the game...Period!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I would say that anypne who says the Fire Phoenix is not worth it is hitting the Bourbon to hard! It is the #1 most poweful building in the game...Period!
Or they just got the fire in the MA and didn't get evolutions for it. That would make it only 5 percent better than nothing.