• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Veterans are leaving the game, why??

Shakal5000

There are two central reasons that are leading many players to stop playing, and recommend the game to friends and family, and both reasons are associated with changes in the tournament.

1st - The first and most important reason also happened because of the first change in tournaments. The good thing was that they responded to the requests of the communities, and reduced the 4 conflicts in each province to just one. The bad thing is that they changed the formula for enemies in tournaments, and for each AW evolved, premium or normal expansion acquired, even the research tree, it all takes into account and makes the tournament more difficult. In this way the strongest players, with evolved wonders were the most affected, because before where they could make more than 30 provinces in tournaments, now reach the 20 only with buffs. From province 15 onwards, the enemy army already doubles compared to our army. In practice, you spend more than 10 thousand KPs evolving a wonder, and when you fight in the tournament, it makes no difference, you will reach the same progression as someone who didn’t evolve any Wonder, in other words, we are being deceived, there is no evolution, there is only the illusion that your city(army) got stronger...

Now I ask, what is this for?? Who did you hope to please with this??
It's been known since the beta that most were against this change, why insist on it??
Why penalize players who dedicated themselves so much, to evolve their wonders??

Were they too strong, beyond what you expected??

Okay, make an adjustment, but then you completely disable the Wonders of battle, it's absurd...

2° - The second reason was the recent change in tournaments, in order to balance the gain of relics, now every tournament is the same,
it doesn't matter anymore if it's silk or plank, it doesn't matter, they will be the same thing. Who complained about it??

Is this change to favor new players??
The same ones that don't spend on the game??
So you change such an old mechanic in the game, years playing like this,
without a notice in the news, without a plausible explanation, in the middle of a cycle??

Couldn't wait until the end of the cycle at least?? Starting in the marble tournament??

Tournaments that are already somewhat repetitive are now even more so,
what makes one tournament different from another now??
Nothing, it was the relics, but now it's lost...

There is a rumor that developers do not play their own game, these types of choices and attitudes being taken,
actually lead to the fans believe in this rumor, because any regular player would never agree or even seek to implement changes like these and this way...

So, what do you guys think about these reasons?? Do you agree?? Disagree??

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
In this way the strongest players, with evolved wonders were the most affected, because before where they could make more than 30 provinces in tournaments, now reach the 20 only with buffs.
I'm playing a chap 3 city and I would say it's not possible to even do 10 provinces without buffs. I can only get to around province 7 bare knuckling it before catering the rest. Who's attempting 20 provinces without buffs and is his name Custer?

2° - The second reason was the recent change in tournaments, in order to balance the gain of relics, now every tournament is the same,
it doesn't matter anymore if it's silk or plank, it doesn't matter, they will be the same thing.
The relics you get from the end of the tourney chests are only of the relic type of the tournament.

Iyapo1

Your mixing together too many issues for easy agreement or disagreement.

I am not touching the initial tournament changes. End game players were and are justified in being upset about this. Players who started near this change will never reach the scores or the KP farming heights that established players enjoyed before the change. This change did not benifit "rookies" over "veterans" .

As for this:
Is this change to favor new players??
The same ones that don't spend on the game??
So you change such an old mechanic in the game, years playing like this,
without a notice in the news, without a plausible explanation, in the middle of a cycle??
Yes this relic change will have an insanely positive impact on new players.

We had four months notice! The release was delayed by 18 weeks...two 9 week cycles. I am sorry no one shared that info with you.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

I really don't understand all the angst over changes in parts of the game? If it never changed, it really would be boring. The developers giveth. The developers taketh away. It's our job to try and turn that to our advantage.
I really don't understand all the angst over changes in parts of the game? If it never changed, it really would be boring. The developers giveth. The developers taketh away. It's our job to try and turn that to our advantage.
The problem lies with the Devs telling players to build every AW and level it as fast as you can to build a strong city on a small layout and then once the veteran palyers did that they punished the hell out of them for following the game instructions! There was a time when land space was getting to capacity for the game and to solve that problem INNO introduced AWs to make a player be able to pack more power into less space and be able to have a smaller city layouts because they were at their limits of how many expansions they could add to the game. So it was advisable game play to build all AWs and max level them...now that is killing the players who followed those instructions.

Last edited:

Shakal5000

I am not touching the initial tournament changes. End game players were and are justified in being upset about this. Players who started near this change will never reach the scores or the KP farming heights that established players enjoyed before the change. This change did not benifit "rookies" over "veterans" .

It's sad that this happened, I still don't understand why punish so much the veterans, for doing this:

The problem lies with the Devs telling players to build every AW and level it as fast as you can to build a strong city and then once the veteran palyers did that they punished the hell out of them for following the game instructions!

Why developers?? Why?? (Not joking, I really want to know)

Yes this change will have an insanely positive impact on new players.

We had four months notice! The release was delayed by 18 weeks...two 9 week cycles. I am sorry no one shared that info with you.

Why the warnings of this important changes in gameplay, only appears in the forums?? Why not in the game?? They could, if they wanted to, there is a small symbol, next to the portrait, if they wanted everyone to know this, they would put it there...

I have a theory, maybe they know that this changes are unpopular, but they wanted to put it in the game anyway, even if most players don't like, thats why this changes are so under the carpet, they want to avoid the views of this changes and therefor the criticism...

Dew Spinner

It's sad that this happened, I still don't understand why punish so much the veterans, for doing this:

Why developers?? Why?? (Not joking, I really want to know)

Why the warnings of this important changes in gameplay, only appears in the forums?? Why not in the game?? They could, if they wanted to, there is a small symbol, next to the portrait, if they wanted everyone to know this, they would put it there...

I have a theory, maybe they know that this changes are unpopular, but they wanted to put it in the game anyway, even if most players don't like, thats why this changes are so under the carpet, they want to avoid the views of this changes and therefor the criticism...
They ran out of space for the game grid and had to figure out a way to make city layouts smaller, then they introduced AWs but they made them too powerful, so they had to first nerf the AWst o keep balance in the game at the expense of the veteran players, then the nerf to the AWs wasn't enough, so they just put a god awful penalty on Expansions, AW levels, Completed Mandatory Techs and Relic Boost. which totally fried veteran players. These changes were Beta tested first and if my memory serves me there were 266+ pages on the Beta Forum of Severe Complaints about the changes but INNO didn't listen to any of them. The best guess as to why that is, is what has already been posted about spending data...New Players spend more because of ignorance of how it will hurt them later on and Veteran players know not to spend money to just shoot themselves in the foot!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
really don't understand all the angst over changes in parts of the game? If it never changed, it really would be boring. The developers giveth. The developers taketh away. It's our job to try and turn that to our advantage.
Thats' not possible here.
You can't sell back expansions that you have placed.
Putting 1,000s of hours into building up AW because they are good only to have those turned against you so that destroying them is the best option is more than "the developers taketh away"

Try to understand that players put years into their cities before you even started playing and then those efforts have been punished instead of rewarded.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Regarding #2. Every tourny is not the same. As far as I know, some weeks are still easier than others.
I doubt if the change how relics are awarded really matters to long time players.
If someone has been playing for more than two years and still has relic shortages, they are doing something wrong.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Regarding #2. Every tourny is not the same. As far as I know, some weeks are still easier than others.
I doubt if the change how relics are awarded really matters to long time players.
If someone has been playing for more than two years and still has relic shortages, they are doing something wrong.

Right, the enemy troop distribution is staying the same, as that is tied to the provinces each tournament uses each week. The only thing changing is the distribution of relics and KP when completing the stars.

Shakal5000

Try to understand that players put years into their cities before you even started playing and then those efforts have been punished instead of rewarded.

Exactly is not that easy, years of effort...

It's really absurd to ask the developers to share the the formula, not completely detailed, but how much this make it difficult the tournaments, because if you get 40% damage in one AW, but army get 30% or more stronger, its simply not fare to us...

Myne

Oh Wise One
Could it be they don't feel challenged anymore? As said in numerous places by numerous players, the Fellowship Adventures are unsatisfying because of the poor prizes. Perhaps they have reached the end chapters and feel like there is not much to really wait for? Perhaps they are just burnt out, and they will be back.

Gath Of Baal

Me personally, I got bored with the game after playing for over 5 years.

This is supposed to be a Fantasy City Building game but there is no emphasis on the city building aspect of it, just basic choices where everyone's city ends up looking like the same crammed mass of stuff.

We have been asking for small things like Skins for our cities, Different types of tiles like water/plant/people/fire/etc to add to our cities to customize them, and a whole slew of other small things that would improve the city building aspect of the game. They can not even fix our outdated chat system to include global chat and a fellowship recruitment channel etc.

For the past few years the only thing keeping me interested in the game was the combat system and tournaments, but even that gets boring after awhile. The Spire kept me going for a little bit too but instead of using that opportunity to add new battle map layouts to actually match being inside the Spire they reused the same outdoor fighting maps, would have also been nice to add some unique combat features with the Spire. The Spire quickly lost its luster and became more of the same old same old. So I ended up going back to the tournament to try and find a new reason to keep playing and decided to try and finish #1 to keep my interest up and even after finishing #1 a few times even that got old fast. Manual combat is just to easy :p

I log on the game once every few weeks now and still check the forums out every few days, hoping something changes to bring me back full time again.

dikke ikke

I think some veterans are bored, others see that their way of playing is not working anymore and are tired of finding new ways to play. Some see it as a punishment, others see it as a challenge. INNO keeps throwing curve balls to 'fix' problems created and exploited in the past. All veterans have countless examples of that.

Elivarian

I think the worst is that basic progress in the game is penalized. I don't look forward to enter a new chapter now. I'm entering Dwarves in a couple of days. It's doesn't feel fun going on in the game when i get beaten with a stick every time i take a step forward.

My Spire costs for convincing is way to much now for me to do much more than level 1. And i have not overscouted, no premium bought expansions either. And troops, they are a laugh at this stages. I can manage tournament, but Spire; Not at all. And i even use DA + one of each of the other booster buildings.

So it seams that INNO just want players to go to chapter 6 now, maybe 7, then they're done because there's no fun left. It's all drained. But the numbers must show them as another one commented, that they get good money of this scheme. So we're F*cked and can move one out of here.

Iyapo1

I think the worst is that basic progress in the game is penalized. I don't look forward to enter a new chapter now. I'm entering Dwarves in a couple of days.
The game difficulty is progressive so yes each chapter forward increases expense. The game would be super lame if it cost the same to top the spire in chapter 6 as it does in chapter 3.

Basic progress outstrips cost increases through chapter 15. Cost increases outstrip basic progress after chapter 15 but only under specific conditions.

If you can not top the spire in chapter 6 that is a city build or playstyle issue not a formula issue.

StarLoad

There are two central reasons that are leading many players to stop playing, and recommend the game to friends and family, and both reasons are associated with changes in the tournament.
You make a statement that lacks proof, you can know what causes a player to quit and maybe some players that you have good contact with but you can't know why many players quit out of the entire player base.

Just like when you are told never will something happen when it is possible that it could happen just very unlikely. I see these statements and stop reading.