• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyapo1

When I said that about you and others, you accused me of "attacking" other players. You aren't "attacking" other players, are you? Nevermind, of course you're not, it's only "attacking" when someone else does it!

Point of fact, I was attacking another player for offering inflated intel in an attempt to discourage me and others, Soggy was just offering clarification since the player I attacked missed my point.

Dew Spinner

Point of fact, I was attacking another player for offering inflated intel in an attempt to discourage me and others, Soggy was just offering clarification since the player I attacked missed my point.
Soggy, specifically said I was attacking other players when I pointed out the scores of some of the posters who are the loudest on here. There is a word for that and it starts with H!

Iyapo1

@Dew Spinner
I started it. Dont redirect.

You were attacking when you got accused of it, own it and move on.

In this instance I was attacking, Soggy just clarified my meaning because my first post was obviously unclear.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When I said that about you and others, you accused me of "attacking" other players. You aren't "attacking" other players, are you? Nevermind, of course you're not, it's only "attacking" when someone else does it!
False. As @Iyapo1 has stated I was merely clarifying what they meant when they said "outscoring"
Obviously, I'm not attacking The Unbeliever based on her tournament score... she's outscoring me. :oops: :rolleyes:

OIM20

@OIM20: the devs don't play the game. They use pre-made cities, and/or 'basic set-ups' to ensure things do work. But that's it.
So, you know better than @helya, who actually talks to the devs, what the devs do?

ETA:
Event buildings would count towards player scores
I don't agree with this. I don't think they would make that change if they played the game with the same methods that the average player uses. I think event buildings would still be considered a perk, a freebie - because there aren't any quests saying, "We need to place [building j from event f] in order to reunite the peoples of Elvenar!" like there is for the Temple of Ages (exact wording: "Let us build a Temple of Ages! This shall be the center of our town - a monument to the search for the harmony the people of Elvenar have lost.").

Points go to buildings you have to spend time and resources to build. Why should you get points for having the luck with the RNG to win the daily prize?

(I'm actually asking questions here, not trying to start an argument, so please keep that in mind. This is a genuine attempt at conversation. I haven't been playing this game as long as many others and don't have the same points of reference that many of you do. I'm attempting to understand your perspective.)

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Points go to buildings you have to spend time and resources to build. Why should you get points for having the luck with the RNG to win the daily prize?
Some players such as myself feel that a city's score should reflect that city's "power"
If one city uses super-efficient event buildings and makes 100,000 troops per day while another uses standard residences and culture buildings to make 90,000 troops per day the city making more troops is objectively more powerful yet they will rank lower under the current system.

Dew Spinner

@Dew Spinner
I started it. Dont redirect.

You were attacking when you got accused of it, own it and move on.

In this instance I was attacking, Soggy just clarified my meaning because my first post was obviously unclear.
And Soggy is attacking now, should he own it? Or are you giving him a pass?

OIM20

Thank you, Soggy. That is helpful to know. :)

So perhaps buildings that aren't culture/pop hybrids, or culture only buildings? I did look just now, and it doesn't appear that the culture only buildings in the menu give any points, either, so that would be in alignment.

The hybrids, though... Magic residences do give points. My Fairies regular residence is 210 points, magic residence is 240. 550 v 940 on the pop added to the city... But they cost culture to upgrade, so putting a score on a hybrid building might not be as easy to put into a clear-cut proposal.

The production buildings would be easiest to propose. Anything that has a pick-up cycle. Hm.

My level 15 gems factory has a ranking score of 2217 and produces 1558 gems every 3 hours, 4888 per day. My Fairies Bell Fountain gives 1200 elixir (T3+1) daily, has a pop of 99 and a culture of 460. So would assigning a ranking score of around 450 to that building be reasonable? I'm adjusting from 550 (1/4 the score for 1/4 the production) for the fact that it also gives pop and culture, which the gems factory uses up. Should the adjustment be in the other direction?

Dew Spinner

False. As @Iyapo1 has stated I was merely clarifying what they meant when they said "outscoring"
Obviously, I'm not attacking The Unbeliever based on her tournament score... she's outscoring me. :oops: :rolleyes:
Saying that a player is doing 1/5 of 5K is a round about way of calling their score out. Anyone with basic math skills can figure that score out. I know splitting hairs is to your advantage but it is still quite lame.

Dew Spinner

Correcting you when you are wrong isn't an attack. Pass.
I was talking about you calling out other players tourney scores and you know it, stop redirecting. When I did it it was "attacking" other players but now when you do it, it;s fine, what a joke!

SoggyShorts

I was talking about you calling out other players tourney scores and you know it, stop redirecting. When I did it it was "attacking" other players but now when you do it, it;s fine, what a joke!
You told players to shut up and that their opinions held less value because they had a low (tournament)score.

I have not done that. The opposite in fact as I am showing that everyone's opinion can be valid regardless of chapter, score, tournament score etc.
none of your harmful gatekeeping.

When The Un thought iyapo meant player score I informed her he meant tournament score.
pointing out that iyapo has a high tournament score (triple hers) helps drive home the point that iyapo also has a valid opinion and that her warnings of a dire future for iyapo were unfounded-- a player who kicks tournament ass will be fine.

Dew Spinner

You told players to shut up and that their opinions held less value because they had a low (tournament)score.

I have not done that. The opposite in fact as I am showing that everyone's opinion can be valid regardless of chapter, score, tournament score etc.
none of your harmful gatekeeping.

When The Un thought iyapo meant player score I informed her he meant tournament score.
pointing out that iyapo has a high tournament score (triple hers) helps drive home the point that iyapo also has a valid opinion.
Link Please?

Iyapo1

They don't produce anything.
Um...coins. I have a lv 30 BTG. Those coins equal productions to me. It is why I have a death grip on my houses and sneer at pop/cult hybrids.

In my crystal boosted city with no BTG...oh, the hybrids are lovely.

I actually could care less how many points I get from a house though.

Status
Not open for further replies.