• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragment Building

Add a spell fragment event building to alleviate shortages

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myne

Oh Wise One
I am aware that my poll is not official. I went on what we did discuss on the One Thing post. Am I correct in saying that you all would rather have the library back with perhaps more limited availability than a new dedicated building?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Caveat: I'm one of *those* players that has a huge number of library pieces, placed and not placed in both cities. I have a competition between the cities for which one will reach 1.5 million frags first...that's been slowed a bit by the new CC recipes :D I am not against more sources of SF's for both newer players who never saw them in the Spire plus the players who didn't catch on to the value in the Spire rewards early on (and only played it casually if at all) missing out on getting a slew of those bldgs. That said:

I think it will be a harder sell and require more intricate detail to return the Library set to the Spire. Not only did the original configuration contribute to a goods imbalance, it still contributes to an over-supply of SF's and CC's. More limited availability could possibly alleviate that, but then we've got the artifacts to deal with. The Spire has become the vehicle for obtaining artifacts for evolving bldgs offered to all players in crafting if they do not already possess that same bldg. Phoenix and Bear artifacts can be gotten by conversion recipes when those seasonal events return, but none of the other evolving bldgs have had that option. I hear frequent complaints that the chance to win these artifacts in Spire makes evolving the bldgs a painfully slow process. I've seen other convo's on here devolve into chaos over the value of other rewards in the Spire chests depending on different playstyles. I just doubt we'll ever reach consensus on *how* to return the bldgs to the Spire here.

For that reason, I think the Event bldg would be the easier project to develop. Maybe a daily exclusive. Another evolving bldg might work; I'm not sure how many 'me's' there are out there who probably wouldn't place that bldg.
It might work as a Set bldg (like the Pilgrm's Manor set that gives CC's/relics for crafting CC's). I played to get that complete set because it would let me reduce eliminate the T1 factories for regular game play. I'd have done the same if that 'anchor' bldg gave SF's or any other resource I didn't need. AFAIK there's only one event/yr with a set bldg now, and that's ?late spring/early summer? maybe? Quite awhile to wait for a source of SF's. Maybe introduce a small daily exclusive bldg that could be seen in events sooner and gear up towards offering a better anchor bldg for the next Set that gives more SF's? Have three of the other bldgs give T2 goods at the lvls the Manor set does for T1 and I'm in, lol!

Myne

Oh Wise One
Caveat: I'm one of *those* players that has a huge number of library pieces, placed and not placed in both cities. I have a competition between the cities for which one will reach 1.5 million frags first...that's been slowed a bit by the new CC recipes :D I am not against more sources of SF's for both newer players who never saw them in the Spire plus the players who didn't catch on to the value in the Spire rewards early on (and only played it casually if at all) missing out on getting a slew of those bldgs. That said:

I think it will be a harder sell and require more intricate detail to return the Library set to the Spire. Not only did the original configuration contribute to a goods imbalance, it still contributes to an over-supply of SF's and CC's. More limited availability could possibly alleviate that, but then we've got the artifacts to deal with. The Spire has become the vehicle for obtaining artifacts for evolving bldgs offered to all players in crafting if they do not already possess that same bldg. Phoenix and Bear artifacts can be gotten by conversion recipes when those seasonal events return, but none of the other evolving bldgs have had that option. I hear frequent complaints that the chance to win these artifacts in Spire makes evolving the bldgs a painfully slow process. I've seen other convo's on here devolve into chaos over the value of other rewards in the Spire chests depending on different playstyles. I just doubt we'll ever reach consensus on *how* to return the bldgs to the Spire here.

For that reason, I think the Event bldg would be the easier project to develop. Maybe a daily exclusive. Another evolving bldg might work; I'm not sure how many 'me's' there are out there who probably wouldn't place that bldg.
It might work as a Set bldg (like the Pilgrm's Manor set that gives CC's/relics for crafting CC's). I played to get that complete set because it would let me reduce eliminate the T1 factories for regular game play. I'd have done the same if that 'anchor' bldg gave SF's or any other resource I didn't need. AFAIK there's only one event/yr with a set bldg now, and that's ?late spring/early summer? maybe? Quite awhile to wait for a source of SF's. Maybe introduce a small daily exclusive bldg that could be seen in events sooner and gear up towards offering a better anchor bldg for the next Set that gives more SF's? Have three of the other bldgs give T2 goods at the lvls the Manor set does for T1 and I'm in, lol!

Thank you. I see several agree with that. Anyone else have an opinion, for or against an event building.

DeletedUser29768

Thank you. I see several agree with that. Anyone else have an opinion, for or against an event building.
I'm in support of the idea. I can't see how it would hurt anyone, and I don't think the devs would be particularly averse to it. As @samidodamage pointed out, while putting the Library set back in the spire might be the most attractive solution, it would be more difficult, so in the meantime I would absolutely go for an event building.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Myne
Make sure your original post says exactly what you want it to say before the mods attach an official poll. That's what we'll be voting on in the 'official' poll, not any ideas that were presented in the discussion. It's presumed that if those ideas aren't incorporated into the initial post that they have been discarded. Nothing can be changed in the first post later (absent a mod approved clarification issue) and that's the only thing that's forwarded to the community managers for their bi-weekly vote on top 3 ideas that move on to the devs.
I applaud you for shepherding this topic this far through the process! It's a ...process...

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Myne
Make sure your original post says exactly what you want it to say before the mods attach an official poll. That's what we'll be voting on in the 'official' poll, not any ideas that were presented in the discussion. It's presumed that if those ideas aren't incorporated into the initial post that they have been discarded. Nothing can be changed in the first post later (absent a mod approved clarification issue) and that's the only thing that's forwarded to the community managers for their bi-weekly vote on top 3 ideas that move on to the devs.
I applaud you for shepherding this topic this far through the process! It's a ...process...

It is now short sweet and to the point. Thank you for your advice.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I've added an official poll to this suggestion.

Bear in mind, the devs added the Spell Fragment crafting recipes to satisfy the many complaints of surplus Spell Fragments. It might be way too soon to suggest a building to add more.

Understood

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've added an official poll to this suggestion.

Bear in mind, the devs added the Spell Fragment crafting recipes to satisfy the many complaints of surplus Spell Fragments. It might be way too soon to suggest a building to add more.
Is there a way for us to clarify that this suggestion is because that addition only addressed one group of players: the longer term players who took to the Spire at launch and amassed a huge supply of SF's before the Library Set was removed from the Spire rewards? Yes, I like the new recipes, they give me something to do with my excess SF's; it's great that they addressed that issue.
But there's a (I think larger?) group of newer players who struggle with getting enough SF's to make crafting viable for them. This idea is a way to address that group's frustration in a controlled manner that seems to have the least impact on other game mechanics.

Guurt The Destroyer

The best solution is to have more buildings like Triumph of the Tides where the player can decide what to produce. Only one of the 4 options needs to be Spell Fragments.

This way on weeks where you are blessed with spell fragments in the Spire you can produce something else in the building.

The flexibility would be nice.

DeletedUser29768

The best solution is to have more buildings like Triumph of the Tides where the player can decide what to produce. Only one of the 4 options needs to be Spell Fragments.

This way on weeks where you are blessed with spell fragments in the Spire you can produce something else in the building.

The flexibility would be nice.
Absolutely more buildings with multiple production options! This would be a great way to get SFs, and I think players would support it. Unfortunately, it may be too late to specify in the suggestion, but this is what I would most like to see for an event bulding. A daily exclusive works, but there's always the risk of bad RNG preventing you from obtaining it.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Hard no from me. I'm not ok with some players having 12 libraries and over 100 set pieces and I get one event building? Ummm. No.

DeletedUser29768

Hard no from me. I'm not ok with some players having 12 libraries and over 100 set pieces and I get one event building? Ummm. No.
It isn't fair, but it's better than nothing. I do still think they should look into putting the library set back in the spire at some point, but that's going to be more controversial and difficult to implement, so it's not likely to happen any time soon. An event building would be very helpful in the meantime.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It isn't fair, but it's better than nothing. I do still think they should look into putting the library set back in the spire at some point, but that's going to be more controversial and difficult to implement, so it's not likely to happen any time soon. An event building would be very helpful in the meantime.
I understand that some players want the devs to think we will be happy with one little event building for a few frags while other players continue to accrue thousands every day.
I'm not going to be happy with that.

DeletedUser29768

I understand that some players want the devs to think we will be happy with one little event building for a few frags while other players continue to accrue thousands every day.
I'm not going to be happy with that.
I'm going to be happy, but I'm not necessarily going to be satisfied. I'll still want more moonstone sets. However, I really don't need thousands a day; I don't care if others are getting that many. I just want enough to securely cover all my crafting needs.

Last edited by a moderator: