• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One Thing

Dew Spinner

I personally would like to see more variation in the event formula. As things stand now, the Misty Forest event is the only one that uses any creative mechanics; the rest are just the same old grind of opening chests and hoping for favorable RNG so you can get the prizes you want. I don't have any concrete suggestions right now (I'll give it some thought); just anything to make it less braindead!
That would be great! But, I think they should be spending time fixing the major issues in the game...Like, players indefinitely parking their cities at the end of chapter 15 or the very beginning of chapter 16. If a lot of players don't want to progress their cities then what goes on in the events is a moot point.

Myne

Oh Wise One
That would be great! But, I think they should be spending time fixing the major issues in the game...Like, players indefinitely parking their cities at the end of chapter 15 or the very beginning of chapter 16. If a lot of players don't want to progress their cities then what goes on in the events is a moot point.

That goes back to the "penalty formula" that SoggyShorts outlined. See his post above. I have to agree with him. That's why I said getting in their pockets is the only thing I know that will work to get them to listen.

Guurt The Destroyer

The shortage of spell fragments. I craft a lot and run out of spell fragments. I was able to implement in game solutions for the CC shortages but I can not work around spell fragments.

I agree with this. I have two full sets of Moonstone Libraries and I still constantly run out of spell fragments. the Moonstone Libraries simply don't produce enough.

I would not hesitate to put down another building that produces spell fragments.

DeletedUser29768

I fully agree that should be a priority, but it doesn't need to exclude other things. And, as we've already established, the suggestions forum is not an ideal place to deal with those issues.

Dew Spinner

That goes back to the "penalty formula" that SoggyShorts outlined. See his post above. I have to agree with him. That's why I said getting in their pockets is the only thing I know that will work to get them to listen.
There is no getting into their pockets, the Older Players refuse to spend money and the Newer Players don't know that spending money will kill them later on because they are new. Inno has already lost the revenue stream of the Older Players and they don't care because they just keep recruiting New Players who will spend money because they don't know how it will hurt them later. They "test" things in Beta and don't even pretend to listen to their own Beta Testers. The Beta Testers scream and yell but the same version goes to Live Worlds anyways.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't even know if I like what I'm about to type but here goes:

A possible fix to the stupid formula that also has a cash incentive for the developers is to let us buy out of the formula.
E.g.
For 2,000 diamonds we can convert a normal already placed expansion to a premium expansion (thus reducing the impact)
or
For 100 diamonds x level we can upgrade a wonder to premium which has no impact in the formula
Like for
level 1= 100
level 2= 200 for 300 total
level 3= 300 for 600 total
level 30= 3,000 for 46,500 total

BUT (and this is very important I think) you only unlock the ability to purchase the above a little bit each chapter, perhaps heavily weighted beyond chapter 16 to provide forward incentive.

Heymrdiedier

I think the one thing that bothers me most and has its effect in almost every aspect of the game: the focus of inno on new players only, because they are big spenders, which leads to many people quitting midway. the new players are only the big spenders because there is no incentive for newer players to buy stuff, because it only hurts us in the end. So as soon as those new spending players figure it out, they stop spending or stop playing.

So that bothers me most. Focus on selling stuff for small prices that benefit you, instead of asking huge prize for something that give you a big boost (but only temporary)

Myne

Oh Wise One
I think the one thing that bothers me most and has its effect in almost every aspect of the game: the focus of inno on new players only, because they are big spenders, which leads to many people quitting midway. the new players are only the big spenders because there is no incentive for newer players to buy stuff, because it only hurts us in the end. So as soon as those new spending players figure it out, they stop spending or stop playing.

So that bothers me most. Focus on selling stuff for small prices that benefit you, instead of asking huge prize for something that give you a big boost (but only temporary)

Thank you for that. Well worded.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I don't even know if I like what I'm about to type but here goes:

A possible fix to the stupid formula that also has a cash incentive for the developers is to let us buy out of the formula.
E.g.
For 2,000 diamonds we can convert a normal already placed expansion to a premium expansion (thus reducing the impact)
or
For 100 diamonds x level we can upgrade a wonder to premium which has no impact in the formula
Like for
level 1= 100
level 2= 200 for 300 total
level 3= 300 for 600 total
level 30= 3,000 for 46,500 total

BUT (and this is very important I think) you only unlock the ability to purchase the above a little bit each chapter, perhaps heavily weighted beyond chapter 16 to provide forward incentive.

That's original. We can work with that. What about making the perk available at the bottle neck of chapter 16? And perhaps alternating by chapter the wonder and the expansion perk?

The Unbeliever

I personally would like to see more variation in the event formula. As things stand now, the Misty Forest event is the only one that uses any creative mechanics; the rest are just the same old grind of opening chests and hoping for favorable RNG so you can get the prizes you want. I don't have any concrete suggestions right now (I'll give it some thought); just anything to make it less braindead!
Do note that both the May + Winter events use the 'shuffle board' system, and have even managed to fix the whole system from the raging dumpster fire that their original FoE version still is! (...I dunk on the devs more than most, but I'll give them full credit here - they took a cancerous tumor of an event, and cured it!)

I still will keep pushing for the devs to give us either;
1. Give us the FoE St. Paddy's event mini game for our similar Carnival event.
(ie: you have a 'festival city' to run & upgrade, and can choose to efficiently mirco manage to complete lots and lots of grand prizes, OR, you can do a bare minimum and grab the 6 chests each time you finish a festival before moving onto a new festival)

2. Give us the new Wildlife event mini game.
...it's somewhat of a Frankenstein'ed 'Toob Blast + Candy Crush'. One you get the hand of it though, it's stupid good fun! "Git Gud" at the mini game, and it's beyond silly the amount of stuff you can win. ie: the FoE beta version had to have the event currency + tickets to play the mini-game heavily nerfed, as it was possible to win 2 fully upgraded grand prizes + part of a 3rd for 0 diamonds!! (...note that typically in FoE, a 2nd evo building/full set runs on average 7.5-10k+ dias)
Hell, even with the heavy nerfs from beta, the Live version of this event still allowed good players to gain 1 fully leveled building + at least get 50% of the way towards a 2nd for 0 dias!;)

One of the above would definitely liven up the event calendar. :)

DeletedUser29768

One of the above would definitely liven up the event calendar. :)
Yeah, I would go for any of these. Since they're already in FoE, I wouldn't think they would be too much hassle to implement in Elvenar. I hope they'll consider doing that.