• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Does the Ashen base show up in crafting if you don't have one?

tiG23

i've been hoping but haven't seen it yet. clearing out all one time bldgs hoping.

Gladiola

Usually they mention when a base is going to be available in crafting. There is a correlation between bases being available in crafting and artifacts being available in the Spire (or having been recently available). The exceptions are the 2019 phoenix bases and the Stonehenge bases, which were previously announced as being always available in the rotation (provided one does not have one already in the city or the inventory).

Gladiola

@SoggyShorts when the 2019 phoenix and Stonehenge bases were added to the crafting rotation, they made an announcement about that. (See announcement for release 1.87.) I am not aware of bases spontaneously appearing in crafting without any announcement beforehand. Are you?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I don't read nor commit every announcement to memory, hence the thread. :rolleyes:
Features/implementations without announcement aren't without precedent though, you aren't so new here that you haven't learned that.

You'll also note that the first reply this thread got was from someone who saw it in crafting. Now they could be mistaken but they might not be.
Are you 100% sure?

Guurt The Destroyer

I don't read nor commit every announcement to memory, hence the thread. :rolleyes:
Features/implementations without announcement aren't without precedent though, you aren't so new here that you haven't learned that.

You'll also note that the first reply this thread got was from someone who saw it in crafting. Now they could be mistaken but they might not be.
Are you 100% sure?

I didn't craft it so I can't prove I saw it.

But I was waiting to get the Fire Phoenix. Before I saw the Fire Phoenix I saw a different Phoenix base, which I believe was the AshenPhonenix, and I didn't craft it as I was waiting for the Fire Phoenix. Days later the Fire Phoenix showed up and I crafted it. I have yet to see the other phoenix base show up again.

The same thing happened to me with the Polar Bear. I was waiting for the Brown Bear. The Polar Bear showed up but I didn't craft it. Eventually the Brown Bear showed up and I crafted it. But I have yet to see the Polar Bear come back.

The one thing I can say for sure is that these bases are very rare. It wouldn't at all surprise me if I never see the Polar Bear again before it is taken out of rotation.

Gladiola

More likely the other phoenix base that showed up was the Aureate Phoenix, which has a very similar name. It could also have been the Storm Phoenix.

I've seen the Panda Bear three times and Polar bears twice. Brown bear just once because I crafted it immediately. I still see the Aureate and Storm phoenix bases in crafting because I haven't made them yet.

I did finally get the phoenix artifact evolution recipe in crafting again. I was beginning to fear they accidentally deleted it. Now my fiery one will be level 9. :)

Sorfildor

I am now late game with no Phoenix artifacts. I spent them to max out my stupid Aureate Phoenix. I DO have 1 coldfire, and 3 Ashen artifacts.... Is there any path to upgrade my Fire Phoenix now if I build it?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am now late game with no Phoenix artifacts. I spent them to max out my stupid Aureate Phoenix. I DO have 1 coldfire, and 3 Ashen artifacts.... Is there any path to upgrade my Fire Phoenix now if I build it?
The Phoenix artifacts are craftable in the Magic Academy.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Sorfildor As Alram already mentioned, regular Phoenix artifacts are craftable in the Magic Academy. They are fairly rare, so keep checking. Each one is going to cost 3 Blueprints to craft and some spell fragments (can't remember the amount but I think it is fairly high). If you don't have enough Blueprints, you can substitute 300 diamonds for each one you need.

Sorfildor

Do the chances for the evolving phoenix artifacts increase on a need basis, or is it random, In other words, do you have to build it to be offered the upgrades?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Do the chances for the evolving phoenix artifacts increase on a need basis, or is it random, In other words, do you have to build it to be offered the upgrades?
No that has nothing to do with it. However each item in the magic academy is assigned to a specific 1 of the 5 slots. For example, all buildings offered in the MA share a slot. This means that each time the magic academy craft options rotate, you will only get 1 building to craft. Furthermore, if you are in the process of crafting a building then you do NOT get a new option. To maximize the chances of seeing artifacts, you need to have the slot they would appear in open each time the MA rotates. I believe (90% sure) the slot artifacts appear in is the same slot as relics and pet food. So make sure you are not making any of those when the MA rotates.