• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

2021 Misty Forest discussion

Myne

Oh Wise One
Does Inno read the forum, especially these event feedback threads?

Unknown. I DID notice after we collectively lamented the lack of pet food, it started showing up more regularly. Whether that is a result of the forum or not is an unknown too.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I think @helya pays very close attention to what goes on here and is one of the main voices for us back to the dev team.
I am the ultimate lurker. But no, I don't think the complaints here have changed the Pet Food frequency, you're just getting lucky. I do think that the complaints have made some minor changes to quests for the next event because I looked at the list and I don't see Pet Food and Fighting Encounters combined anywhere.

BrinDarby

When most ppl do the Fog event for the 1st time , they hate it.... I did.
This year , 2nd attempt, I'm doing much better after taking the forum's
advise... I was not able to target as many daily prizes, if any... but I'm
doing much better navigating the map.

Yes you can't and shouldn't try to uncover every last tile. You're basically
keeping movement to the right, so that you hit more .... more open areas
where efficiency is high, and thus uncover more cats(spirits).

Lemon Wren

The feedback is mixed. Some people like this event format. Some do not.

Some people want the game to be easy, some would prefer something more interesting.

It is literally impossible to make everyone happy.

Speaking just for me, if by "easy"you mean I personally don't like an event where I'm required to complete events to earn currency in order to buy packages of tools worth fixed amounts (which may or may require more grind in order to purchase the higher priced and better ROI bundle) in order to make my way through a maze that might result in zero rewards or in other cases prizes I'm not enthused about to start with, then, yes, I prefer what you have determined is an "easy" event.

The above is why I'm just playing like I normally would and if I get currency, I get currency and if I don't, I don't.

Guurt The Destroyer

Speaking just for me, if by "easy"you mean I personally don't like an event where I'm required to complete events to earn currency in order to buy packages of tools worth fixed amounts (which may or may require more grind in order to purchase the higher priced and better ROI bundle) in order to make my way through a maze that might result in zero rewards or in other cases prizes I'm not enthused about to start with, then, yes, I prefer what you have determined is an "easy" event.

The above is why I'm just playing like I normally would and if I get currency, I get currency and if I don't, I don't.

You confirm my point. I love this event format. I wish this was the format for all the events. You apparently do not. We're different.

How can the developers listen to us when we don't all agree on what we want them to do?

Farinx

I like the strategy this event offers. It feels like I am playing an actual minigame instead of pulling a slot machine. Choosing how best to uncover the tiles, deciding which ones to skip entirely... Somehow I keep running out of the basic candle before the other 2 so I will probably have to buy those individually now.

The chests do seem underwhelming, however. While I did manage to obtain a good number of daily prize building that I wanted (Freakenspleen and Moose Bog), the other items in the chests often felt like getting no reward at all. Last year, pet food was available in the forest (either directly or through chests, I can't recall which) and that was very helpful to a lot of players.

Realizing that this event is more complex / difficult than others, I wish the dev team had decided to give slightly better than average rewards to keep people who don't like this event format happier. Instead, many people seem to be giving up and not caring about the lackluster rewards they are missing.

Lemon Wren

You confirm my point. I love this event format. I wish this was the format for all the events. You apparently do not. We're different.

How can the developers listen to us when we don't all agree on what we want them to do?

If it comes up to a coin toss with Inno, I'm guessing they'll go with what brings in cash.

The Unbeliever

The amount of whining this event provides makes me all the more gung-ho for the devs importing either the St. Paddy's or Wildlife mini games!
*THEN* we'll see some real whinge fests! :p
(note: again, these mini games are entirely skill based vs. relying entirely on sheer dumb luck...)

We currently have 5 brainless & boring as gak rotating chests + 2 of the shuffle boards, which are at least 1000% superior to their original FoE version they were copied from. (a HUGE thank-you to the devs here for fixing that gak-filled clusterfeth when they revamped it after the first time through. :))
Having 1 skilled-based event is a welcome change, but it'd be nice to have a 2nd one.

hvariidh gwendrot

"required" i think that's a bit of an over reach, nothing in real or virtual is stand alone you gotta do stuff to get other stuff .. if you want it you do it if not you don't .. my thing is the decay rate on rewards .. seems a bit odd to reward people with something and attach a decay rate to it but that's also been said before

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The chests do seem underwhelming, however. While I did manage to obtain a good number of daily prize building that I wanted (Freakenspleen and Moose Bog), the other items in the chests often felt like getting no reward at all. Last year, pet food was available in the forest (either directly or through chests, I can't recall which) and that was very helpful to a lot of players.
I am pretty sure the red skull had awesome prizes and the sprouting spellbook was second best.

Tehya1

Some people want the game to be easy, some would prefer something more interesting.
I do not mind a challenge to the point that it is damn near impossible to overcome, or so frustrating and expensive that the game isn't fun. This is a game, but sometimes it feels like drudgery. The quests shouldn't force players to decide between progessing in the game, doing the spire/tourneys, and pursuing meager event currency that might o might not earn something useful or desirable. I still haven't hit the time outs in my smallest city because some of the quests take days and drain my city of resources.

I love the fomat. I have done well as far as winning stuff when I have enough event currency. The stuff is another story. Some of the dailies are cool, and some can be won evey week in the tourneys and spire. A lot of it is not worth the strain that the quests put on my city resources. Why not give us things that we can't get any day that we play the spire or tourney? Why not make the royal prizes more enticing if they want to make money?

Lemon Wren

I like the strategy this event offers. It feels like I am playing an actual minigame instead of pulling a slot machine. Choosing how best to uncover the tiles, deciding which ones to skip entirely... Somehow I keep running out of the basic candle before the other 2 so I will probably have to buy those individually now.

Realizing that this event is more complex / difficult than others, I wish the dev team had decided to give slightly better than average rewards to keep people who don't like this event format happier. Instead, many people seem to be giving up and not caring about the lackluster rewards they are missing.
The amount of whining this event provides makes me all the more gung-ho for the devs importing either the St. Paddy's or Wildlife mini games!
*THEN* we'll see some real whinge fests! :p
(note: again, these mini games are entirely skill based vs. relying entirely on sheer dumb luck...)

We currently have 5 brainless & boring as gak rotating chests + 2 of the shuffle boards, which are at least 1000% superior to their original FoE version they were copied from. (a HUGE thank-you to the devs here for fixing that gak-filled clusterfeth when they revamped it after the first time through. :))
Having 1 skilled-based event is a welcome change, but it'd be nice to have a 2nd one.

While I'm not the first one to point this out, @helya is the one who created this thread to solicit feedback. I'm offering my feedback. I don't know what the St. Paddy's or Wildlife mini games are, but if your glee over negative feedback is any indication, I'm guessing they are akin to the Misty Forest. In which case, they'll likely be more events that a portion of players will opt out of. Which is fine, I'm happy to do just tournies and the spire every week, but if Inno's goal is to ensure the maximum number of players stay engaged as frequently as possible and spend cash (the more players log in, the greater the chance they'll spend money), then it'll just come down to what events do that the most.

PS. One of the chief complaints that seems universal in this game is the number of dead cities. Doubling down on things players don't like seems to be counter to the goal of having active cities.

Lemon Wren

This is a game, but sometimes it feels like drudgery. The quests shouldn't force players to decide between progressing in the game, doing the spire/tourneys, and pursuing meager event currency that might o might not earn something useful or desirable.

The one saving grace to this is that it isn't a group activity, so I'm able to opt out without my FS's taking a hit. I'm leery of the league stuff, though. Hoping this doesn't turn into a FA scenario, where you're expected to participate. That would be a hard pass for me.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
All I can say is that impatience is a big negative to have with this mini-game format, while in the other formats Inno uses, it does not really hurt. For example, I have been down to just doing the daily quests since the 3rd day of the event, so once I had used up all of that currency on buying the 420-cost packs, I had to make myself wait, so that about every 3-4 days, I had built up enough again to get another 420-cost pack of lights. And because of that patience, I completed my Witch's Circle last night. I was less patient in my Beta city, buying a few of the 195 packs and some single candles, and ended up one full grand prize short and had to get one artifact from the FA to finish it.

And, of course, luck still plays a big part of this format. I have no idea how many extra lights I found in the fog as I progressed, in either city, so my US city may have also gotten more of those than in Beta, and that makes a difference. I don't think the placement of the cats is as random as some people think, though, but if someone does not explore around the fog some, instead of doing something unproductive like going in a straight line, a lot of cats and prizes will be missed.