• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragment Building

Add a spell fragment event building to alleviate shortages

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Wow, I can't believe I missed this before now. I would have voted yes. :(

Sir Bently

I agree with Shimmerfly y'all need to contact helya about this and also Inno just isn't going to up and change things the drop of a hat either, just like Shimmerfly said to much discussion on one topic when there are other things more important than wanting to put some random thing back in the Spire As the old saying goes If It Ain't Broke Leave It Alone !

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
This did not move forward after Community Manager voting. I will put it forward again when there are less suggestions from other markets in hopes it will be voted for

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
This did not move forward after Community Manager voting.
By this I assume you mean there is a list of ideas that the community managers from the various regions all vote on?
Could we please see those lists? :oops:
It would be interesting to see what other ideas non-English forums are coming up with

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It really is a messed up process. Just recently, a couple of suggestions on the Beta forum that were initially posted over a year ago where just put up for a vote. So I don't expect anything to ever happen quickly with this game's dev team.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It really is a messed up process. Just recently, a couple of suggestions on the Beta forum that were initially posted over a year ago where just put up for a vote. So I don't expect anything to ever happen quickly with this game's dev team.
I usually hold off putting ours in the bi-weekly vote until there aren't a lot being voted on, just to increase our chances. The whole process is a lot more straightforward now, so while the idea itself might take a while to implement, we should have solid yes or no answers much sooner.

I feel like posting here will be jumping into a can of worms, and I haven't read everything about this topic yet, so please take what I say with a grain of salt.

I've been playing for 4 years. I have not figured out combat to the point that I have enough units to do world map, tournament and spire completely. At this point, I explore only to fulfill quest requirements, nothing more. I do 27 to 36 provinces per tournament, give or take a few. And I try to do the first level of the spire, sometimes I don't make it, sometimes I make it a little farther. Then I run out of resources and units. Do I know that it is possible to do more? Sure, some of my FS members do it and many of you do it, so it is possible - and possible without spending money on diamonds.

Even so, I am always running short on spell fragments, and when I started chapter 18, I was desperately in need of mana, so I took the four moonstone libraries that I had been saving in my inventory from many chapters ago, plus several of the other associated buildings and placed them for maximum yield. And I have spent hundreds of RRs on bringing the mana plants and library buildings up to my current level. Still haven't got there with the libraries, I might add.

That being said, (and I don't want to lose my Moonstone campus), maybe the best location for the Moonstone Library set is the Magic Academy, just like the chess set. This lets you get all of the pieces once, and then replace them each chapter by deleting them and crafting them again, without having to chance maybe getting them in the spire and, if you think that people shouldn't have many copies (like I do), that won't happen. It would also save the cost of all the RRs to upgrade them from previous chapters (oiy.)

I don't think that we need more buildings that produce spell fragments. I like the moonstone library. If necessary, modify the library to improve(correct?) it's yield to what you want it to do, but why make something else when you already have something? People can also get spell fragments from disenchanting summonings and spells. If people need more resources for spell fragments (and I will admit that I do), how about if we were able to recover spell fragments every time we delete a building from the city map? Should only be for event buildings, of course. Otherwise people will build buildings just to delete them.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
That being said, (and I don't want to lose my Moonstone campus), maybe the best location for the Moonstone Library set is the Magic Academy, just like the chess set. This lets you get all of the pieces once, and then replace them each chapter by deleting them and crafting them again, without having to chance maybe getting them in the spire and, if you think that people shouldn't have many copies (like I do), that won't happen. It would also save the cost of all the RRs to upgrade them from previous chapters (oiy.)

The Moonstone Library is currently only available in the Magic Academy and is limited to only one per player, so the players that did not earn multiple copies of the buildings in the spire are still struggling with spell Fragments.

If I am struggling with fragments, then I definitely understand that people with only one are struggling. I just think that you have a better chance of getting a full set in the magic academy than in the spire. And, though I don't want the game unbalanced, I just think that a spire V2 with more fragments is better than a whole other building. Also, that is why I suggested getting Frags back from deleting city buildings. There are only so many that you could get from deleting, so it wouldn't be too imbalanced (as long as you didn't give frags for buildings that you could build yourself). And it gives people a little more incentive to update their existing buildings.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
that is why I suggested getting Frags back from deleting city buildings. There are only so many that you could get from deleting, so it wouldn't be too imbalanced
This has actually been brought up in the past, and the developer's view on this is that you have already gained a benefit from the buildings while they were in your city, so they are not eligible for Spell Fragments when removed.

Spell Fragments are kind of a mixed thing, some players are drowning in them and have complained about how many you earn in the Spire, and some players are really struggling with them and want more.

All I have to say is never complain about a surplus of anything in Elvenar, carrying extra never hurts!

Aint that the truth. I tell people to start breeding orcs the minute they have the capability and to keep going 24 hours a day until the day that you stop playing - and even then you won't have enough. And almost no one believes me until the day that they need them for buildings and suddenly they don't have any anymore.

It's too bad the developers have that opinion. I don't think that it is important that you have already gained benefit from the buildings; what is relevant is that if they decide that adding more spell fragment to a players pool of resources is acceptable, what is the most balanced way to do that.

Iyapo1

There are only so many that you could get from deleting, so it wouldn't be too imbalanced (as long as you didn't give frags for buildings that you could build yourself).
Once you get to chapter 9 and beyond, you can start fragging buildings like workshops, manufactories, and houses. They frag for more than the teleport spells. Very useful when upgrading in a new chapter and getting rid of extra buildings. Just teleport and frag instead of deleting.

It would also save the cost of all the RRs to upgrade them from previous chapters (oiy.)
Players who dont want to spend RRs upgrading them could always delete them and craft 1 set from the MA every chapter. :) /s

Last edited:
you mean that you can frag them after you teleport them to storage, I assume? Because I don't know how to frag them from the city map. And that still wouldn't be unbalanced, because you have a limited supply of teleports and it takes a lot of resources and time to upgrade buildings several levels and then frag them (if you are doing it just for frags)

As for deleting them and recrafting them: that was my point for saying that the MA was better than having them in the spire. The chance of getting them in the spire was so low that deleting it wasn't a chance I wanted to take. Whereas (though it make take a little time) it is guaranteed to happen in the MA. And, of course, completely irrelevant to me because I would have to delete all four of my main buildings and assorted secondary buildings in order to get one completely updated set from the MA without using RRs. For me, the RRs while expensive, are a necessity.

Iyapo1

I want the ridiculous 1 set limit removed. I dont care if they are in the MA or the Spire! If the devs wont remove the one set limit then I think we need other buildings that produce spell fragments. We have other buildings that produce CCs, standard goods, sentient goods, mana, seeds, relics, KP, AW KP, etc, but the library is the only building that produce spell fragments. Another spell fragment producer would be most welcome in my cities.

you mean that you can frag them after you teleport them to storage, I assume?
Yes, you teleport it and then frag it from your inventory, after chapter 8 more and more building types frag for more than the teleport spell itself.