• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Adopted] Adopt a beginner!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Uh, no. Not me. Someone in my FS roped his wife into playing, but they wound up on different markets of Arendyll. She doesn't want to start over so she is staying put on the US server. Marketable trait: NOT A QUITTER! However, she is starting to understand her current FS is not quite as active or fun as her hubby's Elf Game experience, but she is unsure how to find a new fellowship. I don't have a city on Arendyll so I have no FS to recommend. Her city is about a month old, in Chapter 3, and :plank::scroll::magicdust: boosted. Looking for an active friendly FS willing to guide a beginner along and active in FA (hahaha she says that now...). Marketable trait: CURIOUS, EAGER TO LEARN, AND COACHABLE! I'm the messenger since I have an active forum account, but I get to be the guest judge and decide which FS she ends up in!

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just copied and pasted my advice from another post. I hope it helps her or anyone else thinking about switching fellowships:

To find the perfect fellowship for you:

1, Click on your score while in game (in the upper left of the screen) and then click on the fellowships tab. Scroll through the fellowships, paying attention to their "overview." If there's nothing there, I would pass because I'd be afraid they don't take the time to define their fellowship. That's just me ... some fellowships are great without ever having put up a welcome note in their overview. But most of the time, the most active and engaging ones will have a good overview. You can get a feel for the fellowship from that. Do they have a lot of rules you don't like or can't meet? Do they sound unfriendly? Pass them by.

2. Gather a list of at least 5 fellowships that you like based on their overviews. Go to elvenstats.com and put each one individually in the "fellowships" tab. Make certain that you are selecting the right fellowship for your world. Some fellowship names are in more than one world and they can be very different from one another.

3. On each of them, look for the following things: First, check what boosts they need. If the fellowship is in desperate need of the things that you also need, and have too many of what you have, that probably won't be a good fit (although there are exceptions, but it's not usually good for newer players). 2nd, check to see if the members of the fellowship have a black triangle next to their name. If I saw more than one or two with a black triangle, I'd pass on that fellowship as not being active enough to suit me. 3rd, if the tournament is important to you, check how many chests they get in the tournament and whether you would be a good fit for their level. If you really want 10 chests and can do at least 1600 points each week in the tourney, but they only get three or four chests as a group, you might be disappointed. Lastly, scroll all the way down and see how stable their team is. If half a dozen people have left within the past week, that may mean nothing ... or it may mean that there is trouble in paradise. I'd want a stable group.

After you find one or two groups that you really like and that fit all of the above criteria, then it's time to write to the Archmage or recruiting mage and tell them a little about yourself and that you'd like to join their group. If they allow open membership, you can click on "apply," but don't rely on that alone to get you in. Some people forget to check that page, so write to someone in charge and tell them a bit about yourself. That's the quickest way to get in. Apply to only one group at a time ... if the first one doesn't reply within 48 hours, then try the alternate.

This, I think, is the best way to find a good fit. Good luck!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@crackie I am archmage of a fellowship in Arendyll. We are now a 10 chest, silver spire group. Always finish FAs, AW swap threads, and active chat. However I built this FS from the ground up by recruiting and training new players. We have an opening and I have no problem with taking on another fairly new player as long as she is active. I would like to confirm she's an active player before adding her to my FS, so could you PM me her playername so I can look her up on elvenstats? Also you may feel free to look up my FS on elvenstats. We are the House of the Rising Sun.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Do you guys have any minimums?
No minimums. I mean if a player consistently turned in 30 point scores in the tournament weekly I would send them a warning message. And would then boot them if they persisted in behavior this blatant. But other than something that extreme, no.

jenaka

Uh, no. Not me. Someone in my FS roped his wife into playing, but they wound up on different markets of Arendyll. She doesn't want to start over so she is staying put on the US server. Marketable trait: NOT A QUITTER! However, she is starting to understand her current FS is not quite as active or fun as her hubby's Elf Game experience, but she is unsure how to find a new fellowship. I don't have a city on Arendyll so I have no FS to recommend. Her city is about a month old, in Chapter 3, and :plank::scroll::magicdust: boosted. Looking for an active friendly FS willing to guide a beginner along and active in FA (hahaha she says that now...). Marketable trait: CURIOUS, EAGER TO LEARN, AND COACHABLE! I'm the messenger since I have an active forum account, but I get to be the guest judge and decide which FS she ends up in!
Hello,
I am Jenaka, the AM of our humble Fellowship. We are looking for some steady players and we do not mind new players as long as they have a Trader in play. We are proud of NOT being a FS that has drama, there are no limits to achieve and we are always trying our best to help new players. Myself, I spend several hours a day on the game and are available most times, if not, I will be shortly after I get a message. Have her get hold of me in game and we can discuss her needs or she can just join and see what will happen. We are easy and pleasurable to get along with.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thanks everyone that responded. I handed her over to the care of @Henroo. I am a poor agent that took the first bite without negotiating. Also, her city is 3 weeks old and not in Chapter 3 apparently. I almost posted in the wrong world too. If these disorganized traits appeal to you, I will help you find your next fellowship too for an agent’s fee of 500 :diamond:!!!

@Darielle her strategy apparently involved looking up fellowships with a certain designation for seniors bc they must be more patient and willing to guide. I thought that was cute and hilarious, but also contains holes, like they are also just as likely to be grumpy and tell you to get off their lawn.

DeletedUser26654

That's funny. My favorite saying, and sometimes I actually mean it!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks everyone that responded. I handed her over to the care of @Henroo. I am a poor agent that took the first bite without negotiating. Also, her city is 3 weeks old and not in Chapter 3 apparently. I almost posted in the wrong world too. If these disorganized traits appeal to you, I will help you find your next fellowship too for an agent’s fee of 500 :diamond:!!!

@Darielle her strategy apparently involved looking up fellowships with a certain designation for seniors bc they must be more patient and willing to guide. I thought that was cute and hilarious, but also contains holes, like they are also just as likely to be grumpy and tell you to get off their lawn.
Lol, so true. But I'm "getting up there" and my other ID is in Henroo's fellowship on Arendyll, so I'll try to help her whenever I can manage to get on that ID. :)