• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World map Centers

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
US1: katiel (still the same)
US2: Doug Martin (was Disastrous685, mirndyme)
US3: Saragon (was Nanabarb, Sir Fruities)
US4: chrisendor (still the same)
US5: YsgCypher (was Starcaster)
US6: Knucklehead13 (was incorrectly listed as Knucklehead)
US7: Briggette (still the same)
US8: Whakkie (new)

This list is a year and a half old.
Doug Martin , who likely is not eligible to retain that username since he identified himself, is in limbo.
Briggette is in limbo
I'm approximately 56 rings south and 13 cities east of Whakkie, in what has always been a 'move in' neighborhood.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Hmm, the trick of looking up a player, view their city, and exit to world map now returns me to my city, instead of the exiting city like before. So I can't see where those players above are located without scouring the map.

Edit; Well, I can find Knucklehead13, I can see the city, but when exiting it returns me to my city. This does not happen for other players, including other undiscovered players. So suggests Knucklehead13 has been moved off the map? But then why do I get a result for the city?

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hmm, the trick of looking up a player, view their city, and exit to world map now returns me to my city, instead of the exiting city like before. So I can't see where those players above are located without scouring the map.

Edit; Well, I can find Knucklehead13, I can see the city, but when exiting it returns me to my city. This does not happen for other players, including other undiscovered players. So suggests Knucklehead13 has been moved off the map? But then why do I get a result for the city?
I suspect that the players you can find but not view, are in limbo. The system will move them to the outer edges after the rest of the cities have moved inwards, or just store them, unless their owner returns and take up playing again.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
US1: katiel (still the same)
US2: Doug Martin (was Disastrous685, mirndyme)
US3: Saragon (was Nanabarb, Sir Fruities)
US4: chrisendor (still the same)
US5: YsgCypher (was Starcaster)
US6: Knucklehead13 (was incorrectly listed as Knucklehead)
US7: Briggette (still the same)
US8: Whakkie (new)
US1: empty topwhale just next to it
US2: Lupystitch
US3: Saragon
US4: Ian Telemon
US5: Valarvimar
US6: Mantouf
US7: Demko
US8: Whakkie

edited: now correct as of 29 Jan

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thank you @helya! Wow! I am #3 ranking in US5 and have played daily for several years and spent way too much $ but I am miles & miles from the center. I have never been moved. Doesn't that kind of negate the assumption that players get moved closer to the center based on activity? I know I have tons of inactive cities, as in definitely gone for years, on my map and trading for T1-T3 I usually have to post deep discount trades if I want any real quantity. I also just did a cursory look at my map with 679 completed provinces and do not see one single chapter 19 city. Obviously, I'm doing fine despite never being moved but it kind of begs the question why not? I've never really thought about this before except for that sad feeling seeing dead cities I used to be game friends with.

Huor

@Deborah M they did say earlier (I think it's in the main mover thread) that the mover has been bugged and missing anyone over chapter 4. I did get moved when I first started the game, but I was in chapter 2, maybe 3, but have been sitting ever since. It will be interesting to see what happens to me over the next few weeks.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am miles & miles from the center. I have never been moved.
Well the new center of US 7 has a tutorial city of just 2 residences, builder hut, a workshop, and let's not forget the important lantern. So I don't think there's a correlation to how long you've been playing.

Doesn't that kind of negate the assumption that players get moved closer to the center based on activity?
Being an older player would also make you closer to center to start with I would imagine, and not be out by the fringe, which apparently gets moving priority. For example, my starting position had desert in 2 directions so my backyard overlooked the fringe. If we were both active, I get moved first and may end up closer to center than you as the inactive in the middle gets removed. In theory at least :)

LordVorKon

The center of US4 is also a brand new city. What I assume happens is that the city mover goes through and removes all the dead cities in the middle of the map, but before it does the pass to repopulate those open spaces with cities from the periphery, a new city gets started. That server subroutine then sees all these empty spaces in the middle of the map and says to itself, "yeah, that'll work". Therefore, boom, brand new city dead center in the map.

FWIW, I'm 64-65 (kinda lost count) away from the center. I've always been in a relatively active neighborhood so I had the 'do not move' option checked. I still see a fair number of neighbors I recognize so I'm assuming I'm in a desirable area that new people are moving into anyway.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When the original list of the center cities was made, a reference city next to them was also noted, so we should do that again with the new cities at the center. Or how about if someone on each server just takes a screenshot of the center city that also shows the six cities surrounding it and posts them here? that will give seven reference cities for each server, instead of just the one.

Mobile player, can't wander around map visiting unscouted/discovered provinces. But each hex on the world map has to have a unique id# of some kind. If there was an info button that displayed your city's hex id#, it should be fairly easy to find the map center or where your city got moved to/from (different thread). IDK how hex grids are usually numbered. Perhaps ring from center & compass direction in degrees (0=north, 90=east, 180=south, 270=west)?

Huor

Here's the view from us7.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-28 12.21.02 PM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-28 12.21.02 PM-1.jpg
    471.4 KB · Views: 109