• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Spire of Eternity rewards - discussion thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
YES I know this, and I have indeed crafted the 8th & 9th artifacts for other buildings, but it is completely unreasonable to expect me to spend 15 blueprints to get one fully evolved stonehenge! As I went to the top of the spire every single week that the artifacts were in rotation, it is more a reflection on the bad set up on Inno's part. Unless, of course, their plan is to make me wait another year or two... :rolleyes:

Like everything else, it is all about luck. Since they started the 6-week rotation of artifacts in the Spire, I have gotten a total of anywhere from 3 to 12 of any one artifact. The only one I never put in my city was the Coldfire Phoenix. This is the 6th week for that one in the Spire and I have gotten 7 of that artifact so far, with maybe one or two more chances before I finish the 3rd floor tonight. I don't know how long it will take me to get the final two to show up in crafting, once they are added to it 6 weeks from now, but I will gladly use 6 blueprints to finish the evolving.

Iyapo1

I am in a gold spire fellowship, topped the spire every week during that time, and still only got 4 artifacts. My three other cities got 9 each!
You got to fully evolve a Stonehenge in 3 out of 4 cities. That is actually, imo, really awsome! You got 4 out of 9 artifacts from the spire in your 4th city so you need 5 more. 15 blueprints or 4500 diamonds or wait it is your choice. You are gold spire every week only you get to decide what to spend your free diamonds on, obviously Stonehenge is not worth them to you.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Like everything else, it is all about luck. Since they started the 6-week rotation of artifacts in the Spire, I have gotten a total of anywhere from 3 to 12 of any one artifact. The only one I never put in my city was the Coldfire Phoenix. This is the 6th week for that one in the Spire and I have gotten 7 of that artifact so far, with maybe one or two more chances before I finish the 3rd floor tonight. I don't know how long it will take me to get the final two to show up in crafting, once they are added to it 6 weeks from now, but I will gladly use 6 blueprints to finish the evolving.
For an individual artefact it's based on luck indeed, just like any single event is partially luck based.
But when you look at all events and all spire's that luck factor kinda goes away.

I know all about having good luck at the wrong time and bad luck at the wrong time.
I played another game semi profesionally a long time ago, and had great luck when I played for a few dollars of prize money, and an unbelievable bad luck when I played for big cash rewards.
It was a nightmare season that lasted for about 4 months.
The timing just sucked balls. I still won a few thousand dollars that season but I rather won the 100K+

Iyapo1

But when you look at all events and all spire's that luck factor kinda goes away.
This is so true! I dont think I have had a single week where RNG gods hated me or lived me across the board. Mean nasty spire but multiple 500 diamond payouts from the Mystical Object. Crappy mystical object payout but amazing purple crafting choices. Crappy crafting choices but excellent Spire rewards or a sweet agreeable spire. It seems to flow.

Kadhrin

I pushed, I spent the troops, the goods, the diamonds…
…only to get a final prize that’s worse than stuff I can craft in the Magic Academy.:confused:

I waited a month.

…only to get a final prize that’s even *less* useful: an artifact for a thing that’s already completely evolved.:rolleyes:

That’s a mistake I won’t make again.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
…only to get a final prize that’s worse than stuff I can craft in the Magic Academy.:confused:

I waited a month.

…only to get a final prize that’s even *less* useful: an artifact for a thing that’s already completely evolved.:rolleyes:

You have absolutely no clue how good the spire really is.
It's the game's bigges treasure trove an absolute gold mine.

Especially of you are in a fellowship where you arent the only one. because the fellowship rewards make it absolutely amazing.
every week up to 1.5-2 weeks of timeboosters
Every week up to an average of 415 diamonds
Dwarven armories, CC, spellfragments, Genies, Artefacts, teleport spells, sips, premium buildings and the list goes on and on and on.

Guess it takes time to learn how to appreciate it ;)
YES I know this, and I have indeed crafted the 8th & 9th artifacts for other buildings, but it is completely unreasonable to expect me to spend 15 blueprints to get one fully evolved stonehenge! As I went to the top of the spire every single week that the artifacts were in rotation, it is more a reflection on the bad set up on Inno's part. Unless, of course, their plan is to make me wait another year or two... :rolleyes:

Why would that be rediculous?
Og you can substitute blueprints for diamonds. if you are fanatical enough you can aquire up to 4000 diamonds a week without too much effort once you have established the means. and even if you single world you can still get an easy 500 per week if you find the correct fellowship and are willing to reach that goal. thats almost 2 extra blueprints per week.

again the spire is NOT a replacement to a fully fledges event. it's an addon. also crafting is not a fully fledges replacement of an event.
Don't bee too greedy.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member

I waited a month.

I can sympathize with you completely. I almost gave up on the spire when I was just starting it. Too expensive and the prizes were horrible, at first. But stick with it. I'm glad I did. Now all of my workshops and residences are magic ones, and I didn't have to buy any of them. You'll get there; it just takes some bad weeks to get to the good ones. Best of luck to you.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Kadhrin I am in a terrible stretch with the RNG gods. It’s been portal profits and Coldfire artifacts in the Spire. I was here for original Coldfire event and already chucked it so it’s giving me even more artifacts than usual knowing I really don’t want it. But as @CrazyWizard said, the bitterness washes down easier knowing my consolation prize is 275 diamonds when Spire is over.

Once I noticed the pattern of them putting artifacts in the Spire and then moving them to MA, I joined a Gold FS in one city and even started my own in my second city bc there weren’t space available in existing Gold FS. I knew I’m going to need diamonds galore to get me a fully evolved Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, and Polar Bear crafting them. If you’re a catering city, some of those buildings are not so useful, but regardless of your playing style, the idea is to get yourself in position to have any buildings you want if they continue the pattern of bringing old artifacts back. If you don’t use them on artifacts, throw them blue blings in the events if you feel so inclined. The goal of the Spire for me is to just finish it and not worry about the individual prizes. So long as I can always finish it, all the prizes are possible because diamonds are accepted just about everywhere in the game, even if you have a bad credit score!

Kadhrin

You have absolutely no clue how good the spire really is.

Guess it takes time to learn how to appreciate it ;)

You say this like you know how I play.

You don’t.

I’ve been doing the Spire for two years. I normally stop at the Frog Boss. After that, the ROI is not there, and won’t be unless the fellowship is getting gold.

Iyapo1

You say this like you know how I play.

You don’t.

I’ve been doing the Spire for two years. I normally stop at the Frog Boss. After that, the ROI is not there, and won’t be unless the fellowship is getting gold.
Why so nasty? Crazy was really clear that the FS rewards are a big part of what makes the spire so amazing!
Especially of you are in a fellowship where you arent the only one. because the fellowship rewards make it absolutely amazing.

Kadhrin

Why so nasty? Crazy was really clear that the FS rewards are a big part of what makes the spire so amazing!
The nastiness was in the first line of Crazy’s reply, that I had “absolutely no clue”.

I’m not dissing the fellowship rewards, only observing that for the final boss, I don’t see the ROI when I get things like 10% portal profits from the last couple of bosses. If your fellowship is regularly getting gold in the Spire, then the grind from frog boss to final boss is likely worth it, as the gold-level group award compensate for the high cost of that final push.

Kadhrin

@Kadhrin
I think we all agree that if your fellowship isn't with you, you are wasting your resources.
Thing is, about 2/3 of the fellowship *does* get to the top. But unless enough people do to get the gold award....
I can't justify the expense until that happens, due to the repeated string of lame awards at the upper bosses, and that's the sad part.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thing is, about 2/3 of the fellowship *does* get to the top. But unless enough people do to get the gold award....
I can't justify the expense until that happens, due to the repeated string of lame awards at the upper bosses, and that's the sad part.
My current fellowship has never gotten gold. I left a gold fellowship in which I got 275 diamonds every week for nearly a year, in order to come here. Getting gold isn't everything. But I still make it to the top sometimes (as I did this week, and as of this moment I'm the only one at the top) and I would say that one out of every 3 or 4 runs to the top, I get 125 diamonds from the big boss. Other times I've gotten a genie. Once in a while I'll get a portal profit, but I don't mind those. To me, it's worth it to go to the top. Everyone is different in what they want out of this game. No one can say "you're wrong" since there are so many different play styles. So I say "live and let live."

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

It is interesting that you cannot see the obvious flaw in your logic.
You realize you are one of those 1/3 sitting there waiting for someone else to carry you up there, right?
Y'all are just sitting there at the frog saying, "Why is everyone else so lazy?"

Tehya1

I paid for every artifact that I have gotten so far for my birds and bears with diamonds and sf, except for the cf phoenix. I got enough artifacts for the cf in the spire to get two out of the egg (stage 5, so I won 4 artifacts each). I like the cf phoenix. At my level, it helps with goods, and it gives me kp when I feed it and scout, so if I get a chance to craft the rest of the artifacts, I probably will unless it is a choice between those or reg phoenix o bear artifacts. The way I see it, the spire isn't an event. I didn't expect to get all of the artifacts that I needed. I know how that frog is. lol! Those 4 artifacts are 4 less that I have to craft later.

As for not doing the spire because only 2/3 of the fs isn't doing it, I agree with Muck. You are part of that 1/3 who can't be bothered. I am in two silver spire fs that do pushes to gold, and I am happy in them. Do I wish we were hitting gold every week? Sure, but between the stuff that I win and and what we all win as a group, we do pretty well! I get good stuff from those chests, even from the frog of diappointment, that I wouldn't have if I didn't try, like Magic ws, Magic residences, diamonds, dwarven armorer that helps me in the spire and tourney, and yes, a handful of artifacts that I don't have to pay for as well as lots of timers and other stuff that help with city building, recruiting, and even events. I am good with spending pixel goods on a lot of small but useful stuff and a few small chances at really cool stuff.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I had to leave my early Fellowships to find other players who were interested in Gold Spire rewards. No one sits on the frog.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Tehya1 , LMAO at the Frog of disappointment!!! I will call it that from now on and laugh every time I get to that damn frog now!
I always liked the first and second floor. a chance for magic residences and workshops was worth the climb. When Libraries left the spire and artifacts came in, the residence and workshops seem to have dropped off.
The third floor never offered anything that I couldn't win in the mystery chests on floor 1 and 2. Recently, the 3rd floor offers sips of clarity. Valued by some people, I miss the spell fragments since I will never have a library village.

LisaMV

I always liked the first and second floor. a chance for magic residences and workshops was worth the climb. When Libraries left the spire and artifacts came in, the residence and workshops seem to have dropped off.
The third floor never offered anything that I couldn't win in the mystery chests on floor 1 and 2. Recently, the 3rd floor offers sips of clarity. Valued by some people, I miss the spell fragments since I will never have a library village.
I completely agree with this assessment: the 3rd floor offers nothing for me except the diamonds, and the spire has never been as fun as it was with the Moonstone Libraries, and all the little 1-sq add-ons that would pop up in the chests. I do not drool over the DA's like the fighters do, understandably. When I finally tire of being a pacifist in the 'everyone is a fighter' world of Elvenar, I will likely retire my cities in friendly silver-spire fellowships, and be perfectly happy. Always good to plan for the future! ;)

Last edited: