• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Change default Trader view to trade listings

Should the Trader be changed to default to showing the trade listings for all levels

• In Favor

Votes: 49 90.7%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Right now on the browser, when clicking on a Level 2+ Trader, it brings up the collection view to show progress bar of when it's done making seeds or unurium. It should default to showing trade listings like a Level 1 trader did for the previous 10 chapters. I don't need to know collection progress every time I click the trader. When it's ready for collection, the seed icon will pop up hovering over my trader building. If you get to "Advanced Trader", you're probably not switching between selecting seeds and unurium that often either for it to be need to be the default trader view. Trading is a critical aspect of the game and is done quite often, probably far more frequently than changing what your trader makes.

Annoyance: Current Trader showing Collect tab as default :(
bootabs.jpg

Fix: Make trade listing the default :)
bootabsfix.jpg

Pros:
- Players in all chapters go to the Trader predominantly to trade so it's the most frequently used tab even now, when there are more tabs being offered
- Less clicking of a very repetitive aspect of the game
- Save on wear and tear of mouse
- Does not damage game experience moving Collection tab further down
- We've been conditioned to expect trade listing when we click on the trader for first 10 chapters of the game
- Players wanted it 2 years ago and still wanted now, even though it's a new trader with fancy icon tabs
- Players want it enough to make sacrifices, including removing the gum drop button on the Gingerbread Man (even Lord Farquaad didn't go there!)
- App already does this on Level 2+ Traders

Cons:
- None, because we're reasonable elves (and some human beings) that understand Traders are for trading.
index.php

Last edited:

crackie

You snuck a hand and helya in there...good thing they are not next to each other or I might think shenanigans were involved. What are those tabs for? The collection tab as default annoys me too.
The hand is the original Collections page icon, which has a big red X over it in the first picture. Like I said, "vaguely understandable icons". The other tab is where you go to bribe trade @helya cookies for help, which in no way, shape, or form is considered shenanigans. At all.

Myne

Oh Wise One
The hand is the original Collections page icon, which has a big red X over it in the first picture. Like I said, "vaguely understandable icons". The other tab is where you go to bribe trade @helya cookies for help, which in no way, shape, or form is considered shenanigans. At all.

gotcha

Yogi Dave

When @Xelenia revamped this section for getting our ideas to the devs, @Ashrem idea was the 1st forwarded and accepted by the devs. That was back in Feb. '20. It was a good idea then and continues to be one. Time to try, try again. Ashrem's Thread

I love the Helya icon. Very recognizable and easier to use than the huge spotlight, especially with the neighbors complaining about not being able to sleep and getting sunburned from it.

I'd like one small change to your idea. Move the hand all the way to the right, to make is stand out. That is to stand out of the way.

crackie

Well you know, Ashrem was before they iconified the tabs so it’s a TOTALLY different trader now.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I totally agree! The collection bar tab is not the reason that we are opening the trader for 99% of the time. I actually have never opened the trader wanting to find out how much longer I have to wait to collect what it is producing, but have used it to change what it is producing. It should be moved to the end like suggested. Lady Red is correct though, they usually like to take something from us as a form of sacrifice, before giving us something we want. You can't offer up Winter Lampoons though or we won't be able to grow our own diamonds!!

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I could swear that around a year ago, or maybe when chapter 18 added unurium, that this was complained about and a suggestion was done and approved and forwarded to the devs, but I can't remember if it was on this forum or on the Beta forum.

Yogi Dave

I could swear that around a year ago, or maybe when chapter 18 added unurium, that this was complained about and a suggestion was done and approved and forwarded to the devs, but I can't remember if it was on this forum or on the Beta forum.
When @Xelenia revamped this section for getting our ideas to the devs, @Ashrem idea was the 1st forwarded and accepted by the devs. That was back in Feb. '20. It was a good idea then and continues to be one. Time to try, try again. Ashrem's Thread

Hawk1911

It seams that the trading tab is default in the mobile app. I don't understand why it wouldn't be on the PC version?

Yogi Dave

It seams that the trading tab is default in the mobile app. I don't understand why it wouldn't be on the PC version?
The coding team for mobile and browser versions are totally different. Since the browser version has a longer history, it can have lots of coupled code that should not be coupled, and older developers may have moved on. From the outside it sounds simple. Given that they have recently made changes to it and that the FS screen opens to the 2nd tab seems to mean it shouldn't be a very tough change. In fact, just having the trader open to the 2nd tab would be fine with me. No other change to the interface would need to be made.