• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Solving Spire Encounters

Moho

Chef
It is Sunday, January 9, with less than ten minutes left before the Spire shows up again. How are you going to handle it?

I for one have already planted the Dwarven Armorer, and the three army boost buildings crafted in the MA. They have been standing there since the last day of the previous Spire when I went straight to the top fighting every encounter. I'm sure the Sanctuary and Needles of the Tempest played their role too.

And last but not least the level 10 Fire Phoenix, which I am about to feed right now.

Let the Spire begin and let's see how we handle it. Please write your impressions here. :)

Moho

Chef
The Spire has just started.

1. Encounter 1.jpg

AtaguS

This week, I will fight my way to the first boss, then hang tight until Thursday before doing the last 2 levels. Thursday, I'll place my 5-day boosters, feed my fire chicken and panda, start on the tourney and climb the remainder of the spire in one go. This will allow me to climb the spire in one go the following sunday on the 5-day boosters, and do a couple rounds of next tourney too.

Iyapo1

I cater.

I made sure that I had POP spells in place first thing and did all my visits My Coins and Supplys are close to 100% in all cities. Before I start I will write down my goods inventory so I can track how many goods I use. I will be using speedups and coin rains to blast up in one sitting which makes tracking easier. When I am done I can throw down my numbers.

I wont post any screen shots unless there is a specific encounter anyone would like to see? But I will probably hit the spire in the next hour or so, so if you want pictures say so quick.

Moho

Chef
There was a second surprise chest after the fifth encounter, a small one, and I obtained 3 CCs. The first surprise chest is a large one - I'll be opening it later.

5. Encounter 5.jpg

Moho

Chef
The eighth encounter consisted of two waves. I used Orc Strategists in conjuction with Light Ranged Units. There were important losses among the latter after the first wave. I'm going to take a break now and resume the Spire about an hour later. :)

8. Encounter 8.jpg

Last edited:

Hawk1911

I'm planning on using 2 Magnificent Mage boosts this week. I'll place those on Tuesday, so I can use them for the tourney as well. I still have my MM and UU from last week that will expire today. I'll not do anything on Monday and then restart spire on Tuesday. For battles, I'll use 75% blossom mages and then a mix of other troops as needed.

Side note: I used to maximize the 5day buildings (place on Tuesday and expire on Sunday) to get 2 spire runs out of each building, using time instants the 2nd week. I did this for about 30 weeks or so. Now have a substantial inventory of all 5day buildings (+20 of each in inventory) so I don't worry about it anymore and place 2 every week and save my time instants for other things.

Soleil Nightbloom

This week, I will fight my way to the first boss, then hang tight until Thursday before doing the last 2 levels. Thursday, I'll place my 5-day boosters, feed my fire chicken and panda, start on the tourney and climb the remainder of the spire in one go. This will allow me to climb the spire in one go the following sunday on the 5-day boosters, and do a couple rounds of next tourney too.
This is very interesting. I manage to make it to the top every week. I usually wait to place all my 5-day expiring buildings, feed both bears (polar and brown) and feed my fire phoenix on Tuesday at the start of the tourney. This has my 5-day buildings expiring on Sunday usually with a few hours to spare. Later on Sunday and Monday after they have expired, I just do the best I can until Tuesday.

AtaguS

This is very interesting. I manage to make it to the top every week. I usually wait to place all my 5-day expiring buildings, feed both bears (polar and brown) and feed my fire phoenix on Tuesday at the start of the tourney. This has my 5-day buildings expiring on Sunday usually with a few hours to spare. Later on Sunday and Monday after they have expired, I just do the best I can until Tuesday.
With a SimSap Timewarp at a decent level, the decreased tourney cooldown allows for sneaking in extra provinces on a single 5-day. My SimSap isn't upgraded enough to let me do a whole tourney in a day, but I'm inching my way there. I'm trying to reduce the amount of times I feed my fire chicken, while squeezing the most out of the 5-days. So I altnernate between climbing the spire in a single day in Sundays or Thursdays. But if I need SFs, I climb the 1st level on a Sunday without boosters

Last edited: