• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How to use pet food with no "pets"?

SparklyAdnil

I have a demand to use pet food, but have no pets, and am only just now building my Magic Academy. Is it possible to use pet food without the ability to gain pets?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes, once you build your magic academy and eventually get a pet food to show up in the crafting tab, you can disenchant it after you craft it and it will count for the quest. This has worked for many events in a row now, but Inno does not like to publicize the option, so rather than the quest saying "use or disenchant", they leave the new players hanging. If it weren't for the forums and the Facebook groups, a lot of new players probably quit over stuff like this.

@helya should "use or disenchant" be done as a Suggestion or can you just forward it directly as an ongoing complaint about the quest wording?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Yes, once you build your magic academy and eventually get a pet food to show up in the crafting tab, you can disenchant it after you craft it and it will count for the quest. This has worked for many events in a row now, but Inno does not like to publicize the option, so rather than the quest saying "use or disenchant", they leave the new players hanging. If it weren't for the forums and the Facebook groups, a lot of new players probably quit over stuff like this.

@helya should "use or disenchant" be done as a Suggestion or can you just forward it directly as an ongoing complaint about the quest wording?
Disenchanting is a loophole we do not want to bring to the devs attention, lest they remove it.

Players should contact support if they have no Pet food, so we can better track this (and help them)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Disenchanting is a loophole we do not want to bring to the devs attention, lest they remove it.

I am pretty sure it is an intended loophole because it works with all the other enchantments if you disenchant when you have a "use x enchantments" quest.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I am pretty sure it is an intended loophole because it works with all the other enchantments if you disenchant when you have a "use x enchantments" quest.
Actually, it does not work for the use enchantments quest this event, I've fielded several tickets about it. It's definitely not something I'd want to mention to the developers as they would consider it a bug and not in the direction we want.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya I wonder why they suddenly changed that for normal enchantments? Have you been able to tell if this is a new change or in place for a while and just no one really noticed?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I wonder why they suddenly changed that for normal enchantments? Have you been able to tell if this is a new change or in place for a while and just no one really noticed?
I think it's new, we never used to get tickets where players had disenchanted the enchantments and not received credit and suddenly we have a slew of them. That makes me assume that they were able to do it in the past. I'm not sure why you'd not just use them though, to complete the quest.

Sprite1313

I think it's new, we never used to get tickets where players had disenchanted the enchantemnts and not received credit and suddenly we have a slew of them. That makes me assume that they were able to do it in the past. I'm not sure why you'd not just use them though, to complete the quest.
Don't like sparkly cities? Really hate having supplies and goods?

Gustoff

Or newer players are misunderstanding how they work and think only one can be active at a time on a building? So if all their stuff is enchanted, they think they are stuck. Or just prefer/need the spell fragments.
Well, as new player ... the NPC says 'use one of your 5 precious enchants and I'll give you a reward' and you see you only have 5 ... so you click once and pick a building. You click it gets all sparkly and there is no feedback saying 'you have 4 X remaining' and you 'think' that if you click on another building you will expend another enchant ... so you stop. Then you babysit the building creating and delivering as many supplies/goods as you can as long as it is still sparkling (and thank yourself for not doing the quest before you go to bed).

Ya, we're new, we're clueless, and when an interface doesn't confirm or deny our greatest fears ... we do the least harm.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
you 'think' that if you click on another building you will expend another enchant ... so you stop.
Absolutely, and you will spend another enchantment if you click another bldg or even that same bldg!
I think many of us veterans forget that smaller cities and/or those who don't play tournaments a bunch don't have the spell inventory we do. For future reference (when you get to where you have plenty of them!), the 'think only one can be active on a bldg' part is a roundabout way of saying that they will stack when used on a bldg that has already had one applied to it. EE spells (the ones to boost culture bonus when helping hands are active too), for example, are the ones I stack often. At my level, I use them to get 'mana on demand' from my Dragon Abbey AW, to get tiaras in FA's, and to satisfy event quests. I'll often have a bldg that has more than a month of enchantment time left, lol! I've heard from one player that by using it only on his highest culture bldg when he needed a mana, he has over a year's worth of time left on the spell for that bldg :eek:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The other day I needed a million mana for a Main Hall upgrade. And I was short. But I have Dragon Abbey. Witch Hut is the highest culture item in my city I can enchant. Let's just say it will sparkle for the next month and then some. ;)

The 2nd Main Hall upgrade in chapter 19 needs 3 million mana and I was just under 1 million, so my 5 magic workshops will be sparkly for the next 24 days. lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Btw, whoever runs the official Elvenar FB account is telling people to disenchant Pet Food from today's Q&A.
pet food.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The 2nd Main Hall upgrade in chapter 19 needs 3 million mana and I was just under 1 million, so my 5 magic workshops will be sparkly for the next 24 days. lol
Can you actually use the supplies from 5 enchanted magic workshops? Or will you be dumping massive amounts of supplies on the wholesaler?