• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
So...those of us with EN accts should empty our runes at 15KP before they realize this is a bad idea?
What happens if, say, the RNG for rune wheels get altered. Because that's one of those undeclared ones, right? It starts out really hard, and gets easier as we go along. Does it get easier because we own more rune shards? So if we spend a whole big bunch, then it follows that filling the Wheel goes back to beginners stage. In which case NOT spending them suddenly becomes very smart.
Lol me thinks that Ferris Wheels take on a whole new significance.

BrinDarby

The thing is that we really don't want players figuring out a workaround.
Then don't tell players that, otherwise 5% will try just cause they aren't
supposed to, and if croud sourced, many things are easy to determine.
This works on many subjects, not just this 1.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The thing is that we really don't want players figuring out a workaround. I am guessing that I'll be asked to remove posts referencing this in the future.
Hi Helya!

1. Thanks for a nice straight honest explanation of what is happening! It is absolutely fair that InnoGames is not going to lay bare their internal rules which are designed to prevent 'tweaking' the game unfairly - because that would tell 'cheats' how to design a system that bypasses the rules. A good example of this is 'Push Accounts' - InnoGames has their own internal rules of how far you can go in this direction before you are warned, suspended or banned. But they will never make these guidelines public; it would be telling the Pushers how far they can push beyond the envelope...

2. I was reading the Beta Posts - Marindor did not forbid discussion of the 'donation limit' - just mentioned that it is off-topic in that thread, and that people should not get involved in a massive discussion about it.

Marindor said: "Still, this thread is not meant as an in depth discussion about the exact limits of the pushing prevention system, but about the general Runeshard changes. It is fine to mention them together in a way that e.g. says "Hey, I'm now hitting the point where the pushing limitation system starts working", which is of course totally relevant, but this thread is not meant to discuss the exact boundaries of such systems. There is a reason why the company chooses not to share these, and you can agree on that or not, still we have to follow the policy about it on this official forum."

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm trying to figure out why this is a problem for anybody. 2000+ KP per day seems like a lot to me. That is the equivalent of a level 31 to level 32 AW upgrade. It seems to me that even the net0 Fellowships wouldn't have a problem with being able to upgrade 1 high level AW per day. I would have thought this conversation would have been more like "Hallelujah" they are putting in a pushing limitation. Heaven knows it has been harped on for years. Am I missing something? Or is it just about when we will be able to convert rune shards? I actually will have to think long & hard before I convert rune shards. One of my pet peeves in this game is that it is really difficult to gain the rune shards for new AW in anything remotely resembling a timely manner. Between that and having to fill the wheel with rune shards every 5 upgrades has gotten me in the habit of using extra rune shards to build & sell unwanted AW just to get the broken rune shards to fill the wheel in the AW I am working on.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I'm trying to figure out why this is a problem for anybody. 2000+ KP per day seems like a lot to me. That is the equivalent of a level 31 to level 32 AW upgrade. It seems to me that even the net0 Fellowships wouldn't have a problem with being able to upgrade 1 high level AW per day. I would have thought this conversation would have been more like "Hallelujah" they are putting in a pushing limitation. Heaven knows it has been harped on for years. Am I missing something? Or is it just about when we will be able to convert rune shards? I actually will have to think long & hard before I convert rune shards. One of my pet peeves in this game is that it is really difficult to gain the rune shards for new AW in anything remotely resembling a timely manner. Between that and having to fill the wheel with rune shards every 5 upgrades has gotten me in the habit of using extra rune shards to build & sell unwanted AW just to get the broken rune shards to fill the wheel in the AW I am working on.

Players who have been around a while and very active in the swap threads will have several wonders at level 30 - and in excess of 500 Rune Shards for each. There is no point in saving that many for future upgrades; it is never going to happen. So we give them away to the juniors - and the points stay in the fellowship.
:)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Players who have been around a while and very active in the swap threads will have several wonders at level 30 - and in excess of 500 Rune Shards for each. There is no point in saving that many for future upgrades; it is never going to happen. So we give them away to the juniors - and the points stay in the fellowship.

Now you have me very curious! I've been around for 6+ years now and I have 20 AW's at level 30 or higher. The only thing I can think of that would make such a big difference in accumulated rune shards would be that in the not so distant past I sold off I think 8 AW's. I had them all for most of the time I've played but just couldn't keep them all anymore. If it isn't that then I can't figure out why I don't have a whole lot more sitting. It just seems very odd.

Adding: Light bulb moment :oops: It is probably all about the tournament. I have only recently started doing 6 rounds sometimes. Add to that me not being wild about the tournament in general probably makes up close to all the difference in accumulated rune shards. Not a big deal but I would bet that is it :) Still not enough to make me want to be a rock star in the tournament :p

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Now you have me very curious! I've been around for 6+ years now and I have 20 AW's at level 30 or higher. The only thing I can think of that would make such a big difference in accumulated rune shards would be that in the not so distant past I sold off I think 8 AW's. I had them all for most of the time I've played but just couldn't keep them all anymore. If it isn't that then I can't figure out why I don't have a whole lot more sitting. It just seems very odd.

Adding: Light bulb moment :oops: It is probably all about the tournament. I have only recently started doing 6 rounds sometimes. Add to that me not being wild about the tournament in general probably makes up close to all the difference in accumulated rune shards. Not a big deal but I would bet that is it :) Still not enough to make me want to be a rock star in the tournament :p

Tournament and aggressive daily usage of the swap threads - all of my KP goes in there.

Sprite1313

I've only been playing about 1.5 years, and am an aggressive tournament player and very active in the FS KP swap. Even allowing for the runes I will need for remaining levels of my AWs, I have hundreds that I could convert to KP.

I don't think it's a daily limit on KP; I think it is a baseline that adjusts. So you start with X, and that number decreases for every KP donated to you, and increases for every KP you donate to others. It also increases by a set amount each day. So, I agree with some others that this should be manageable. Players are likely to smack their heads on it day one (if they get lots donated to them from higher-ranked players and don't read the forum). But if you just allow for the game's give-and-take of KP swaps, I don't think players should run into issues.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

Things that make ya go , Hmmmmm
example of this is 'Push Accounts' - InnoGames has their own internal rules of how far you can go in this direction before you are warned, suspended or banned.
so... a little pregnant, somewhat pregnant, are pregnant... ????
I only ask because it really seems on some big things, that
there's just selective application of the rules ....

Am I just see'n things, or is this the case ?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Things that make ya go , Hmmmmm

so... a little pregnant, somewhat pregnant, are pregnant... ????
I only ask because it really seems on some big things, that
there's just selective application of the rules ....

Am I just see'n things, or is this the case ?
Anyone that is reported for pushing is investigated, and if deemed to be using push accounts, action is taken.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I am in favour of this Beta change, and hope it get's introduced as is to live worlds, without nerfing. You'd should only want to use your Runes once you have the particular wonder above lvl 30/31, the last rune level, and then, you need 2000 points+ per level, which would take 2000/15=133+ runes just for one level worth of KPs.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am in favour of this Beta change, and hope it get's introduced as is to live worlds, without nerfing. You'd should only want to use your Runes once you have the particular wonder above lvl 30/31, the last rune level, and then, you need 2000 points+ per level, which would take 2000/15=133+ runes just for one level worth of KPs.
Depending on how many I have, I would feel comfortable using some of my runes at lower levels. In my experience I can usually do a rune phase right away with 20 to 30 runes. If I am willing to wait a week and harvest broken shards from the tournament, it can be done with less than 20. I'm viewing 50 or 60 as the floor at which I would not use runes for an AW that is not fully leveled. If I've got more than that I'm probably spending some as KP.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I feel like they're already loading their nerf darts. Maybe Crystal Lighthouse will have more companions in the support group soon.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
They usually do some tweaking (Not to be confused with twerking) for a bit after a new feature like this. But seeing as it will make tourneys and spire cost more with every level you upgrade a wonder, they may have taken that into account and won't have to nerf it too much.

The Unbeliever

They usually do some tweaking (Not to be confused with twerking) for a bit after a new feature like this. But seeing as it will make tourneys and spire cost more with every level you upgrade a wonder, they may have taken that into account and won't have to nerf it too much.
"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
- Imperial proverb

Silver Lady

Apparently the new rune —> AW KP feature will be with us on live Thursday. This is in the Apple store now.

IMG_0362.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.