• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tome of secrets

Blueriven

At the beginning I build one in my biggest city after accidentally deleting my abyss. Deleted it in level 2 or 3 and never missed it. Didn't build it in my other cities.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@Matrickz The comparison isn't against other wonders, it is against what other same resource buildings gives you.

My lvl 21 Tome gives me 5 KP per day, and 1,950,000 supplies per scout, which is 1 KP for 3.2 squares, and 1,950,000 supplies for 90hrs worth of scouts, ie 1354 supplies per square per hour.

Whilst Carting Library gives more KP per square (1 KP for 2 squares), I never have 5 at a time, and to generate enough gold to buy 5KP would be many more squares than 16 for the Tome.

My workshops lvl 38 gives me 28,000 supplies per hr (with a culture bonus, only 22,400 without), on 30 squares, so 933 supplies per square per hour, 421 less than the Tome. As such, the Tome is more efficient than a workshop, provided you can wait between scouts.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Matrickz The comparison isn't against other wonders, it is against what it gives you.

My lvl 21 Tome gives me 5 KP per day, and 1,950,000 supplies per scout, which is 1 KP for 3.2 squares, and 1,950,000 supplies for 90hrs worth of scouts, ie 1354 supplies per square per hour.

Whilst Carting Library gives more KP per square (1 KP for 2 squares), I never have 5 at a time, and to generate enough gold to buy 5KP would be many more squares than 16 for the Tome.

My workshops lvl 38 gives me 28,000 supplies per hr, on 30 squares, so 933 supplies per square per hour, 421 less than the Tome. As such, the Tome is more efficient than a workshop, provided you can wait between scouts.
Actually the difference in efficiency between your Tome and your workshops is greater than what you are calculating. Tome does not require any culture or population. A level 38 workshop needs 11,449 pop and 7,909 culture. The true space cost of your workshop is not just the space it directly occupies, but also the space you need to provide it with population and culture. And once you factor these in then your workshop is costing you much more than 30 squares of space.

Matrickz

I have 3 magic WS all at 19. I create more supplies than I need and constantly buy from wholesale. Don't need supplies. 3 extra kp is nice but not a big deal. That 4x4 I am thinking can be used elsewhere

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Also, how tight on space are you? If you have bought 5 or 10 premium expansions, then that 4x4 would be worth a lot more to you than if you have bought 20 or 25 of the 43 available expansions.

Killy-

I would never build it, the oppertunity costs are too high (you could build something usefull with the kps instead), but yours is already level 12 - the question might be what do you want to build instead? A lot of the evolving buildings would be better than your tome for example.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Matrickz How big is your surplus of supplies? If you have 3 magic WS and Tome and it is too much, would 2 magic WS and Tome be enough? The only way to get rid of Tome is to sell it. And then it is gone forever. But you can teleport a magic WS. This would save you a lot more space than getting rid of Tome would. And if it turns out that you need the 3rd magic WS back, you can easily reverse the process and bring it out of storage. All you will have lost is 1 teleport building spell. I would consider this before selling a level 12 AW.

Matrickz

Tome only awards when I scout which is every 3 to 5 days depending on time boosts. I am always at supply cap with a MH at 42!! I would also take a massive rank point hit if I ported a WS. I would gain 8 squares I think but that is not huge

Oh and btw tome is 11. I was in upgrade tab when I read the level so not 12

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Tome only awards when I scout which is every 3 to 5 days depending on time boosts. I am always at supply cap with a MH at 42!! I would also take a massive rank point hit if I ported a WS. I would gain 8 squares I think but that is not huge

Oh and btw tome is 11. I was in upgrade tab when I read the level so not 12
You'd directly gain 14 additional squares by porting a magic WS instead of selling off Tome. But you would also free up 24,000 population and 15,000 culture. If you are constantly at the supply cap and burning supplies in the wholesaler with 3 Magic WS, would 2 be enough to supply your city? Especially with an additional infusion from Tome every 3 to 5 days? If so, that is the more efficient move from a game play perspective. The ranking hit would be real. But if you used the population and culture freed up from porting the WS for other stuff, you could recover the points eventually. For example, that would be enough space and population to add an additional max level armory to your city (although it might take awhile to build). When finished a L41 armory would actually provide about 4000 more ranking points than a ch19 magic WS.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
And the additional armoury would let you store more supplies in troop builds. The Wholesaler really is the most expensive and least useful method of getting rid of excess supplies.

Matrickz

So what is a better use for excess supplies other than making soldiers

Ohh fwiw each of my barracks troops are showing over 300 each in counts and I have an armory in storage in the high 30s

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I have one at level 12. I am thinking I can use that space much better in some other fashion. Any thoughts
Tear it down!

It's indeed a waste of space. especially in the later chapters. and it got even worse when they modded the spire/tournament formula to include wonderlevels. it's now a wonder without benefits but with a cost

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So what is a better use for excess supplies other than making soldiers

Ohh fwiw each of my barracks troops are showing over 300 each in counts and I have an armory in storage in the high 30s
I always prefer to burn off excess supplies making troops instead of the wholesaler. If you fight alot and if you have a decent stockpile of time boosts, that is what I would recommend. And my preferred troop types in both barracks and mercenary camp are showing +999 squads and I am still burning 5 hour time boosts training more when my supply bar maxes. But I also have in excess of 500 five hour boosters in every city, so using a few daily is not a hardship.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I always prefer to burn off excess supplies making troops instead of the wholesaler. If you fight alot and if you have a decent stockpile of time boosts, that is what I would recommend. And my preferred troop types in both barracks and mercenary camp are showing +999 squads and I am still burning 5 hour time boosts training more when my supply bar maxes. But I also have in excess of 500 five hour boosters in every city, so using a few daily is not a hardship.

I would never use time boosters unless the brown bear is fed. Also, to get through chapter 17 at a reasonable pace, I used over 500 5-hour boosters on the guest race buildings just in that chapter.