• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recruiting

able99

I think one of the hardest things to do in Elvenar is Recruiting Members to fill a void when someone leaves.
Sadly the Forum postings to Fellowship Seeking New Members, or Member Seeking New Fellowship may sound like a good place to start looking, but in practice the posts are useless. There are tons of FS seeking Members with virtually no replies, and post for Members seeking FS are usually very old, and have every fs jumping to respond to it.
I am one of the main recruiters in my fs, and have no good solution, or advice I can offer. I'd love to hear suggestions for others.
I do have an idea I doubt could ever be implemented, and I will share it soon.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I agree. I also post on the fakebook page. I have gotten a couple from there. Other than that I have to actively seek them out via player listings, which is good for keeping a fs balanced with goods, but it is a LOT of work. Some will also apply and not leave a reply to a posting here.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In-game recruiting will always be bad because Inno is not legally allowed to tell us a last log-in for players or anything else that would show us that someone not already in our fellowship is online at all, and thus worth messaging.

Huor

I put forth an idea to change the find new members under requests to stop showing people that no longer played the game, but show us new players just starting so we could contact them. Chapters 1 and 2 only for example. That didn't get very far. I like working with new players myself and so does our fellowship. Some stay with the game, some don't. A good mentor-ship can go a long way. It might be nice to have an in-game checkbox that says I'm looking for a fellowship to join so that we can find them. The forum does work sometimes to find experienced players looking for that new fellowship smell.

Myne

Oh Wise One
What about a want ads page? There would have to be an announcement in game though to let folks know its there.

Huor

In Inno's RoC we have all game worlds chat via discord. Same problem exists there as a lot of the new players aren't there so I don't think that would help. Would be fun though.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In Inno's RoC we have all game worlds chat via discord. Same problem exists there as a lot of the new players aren't there so I don't think that would help. Would be fun though.

I was looking at that game. It has been out for around a year now and it does not even have an official English-language forum. And the official Facebook page is a joke. And I hate Discord, though that seems to be their primary 3rd party app to push people to use.

able99

For the most part, Chat or Want Ads or the like, involves poaching players from other FS. Rarely do you find someone unattached (other than newbies) who just happens to want to join a FS just as you are looking. Many will poach other FS for their cream players, which I think is ultimately bad for the game especially as those left behind lose a mentor or teacher or trading partner. Those players are likely to give up and leave.
I am guilty of that, and not happy about it.

So the question becomes, how do you make more players unattached to a FS and fair game for recruiting.

My suggestion is thinking outside the box. I dont believe it will ever be implemented. But fun to discuss.

I propose make joining a FS a maximum 2 year hitch (Like the army). As you approach your anniversary. you will get warnings that you will be automatically released from your FS and will have to be unattached for 7 days. AMs and possibly Mages will be exempt from automatic release.

During the week, you can explore other FS options and maybe meet new people. I think many players would like to leave their fs, but feel guilty in doing so. Thus provides as guilt free option. Of course you will have the option to re-up to you old fs.

Staying with the same FS with the same people can get old and lead to players leaving the game. I am just trying to stir things up to keep things interesting. Before shooting arrows at me, think about it a bit then shoot away.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
In-game recruiting will always be bad because Inno is not legally allowed to tell us a last log-in for players or anything else that would show us that someone not already in our fellowship is online at all, and thus worth messaging.
This can't possibly be true, please stop spreading it.
Think about what you posted: How can telling everyone (using a big green dot) that you are online be legal in a FS and illegal outside of one?
Show us in the ToC where we are signing up to have this data point shared by agreeing to join a FS.
Show us where the ToC changed when this feature was added to the game.

I too remember that some mod at some point claimed this, but it's simply untrue and was a knee-jerk reaction to the (then) upcoming German privacy law changes by someone who hadn't actually read them.
I agree, recruiting tools are severely lacking in this game. I have no idea what to do to make it better.
Clash of clans has had a simple matchmaking system for a decade.
Clans (FS) pick 3 things like war, training noobs, and league challenges as well as minimum trophies(score) and a few other things.
Players seeking a FS can also set filters like minimum clan members and a couple of others.
Many will poach other FS for their cream players, which I think is ultimately bad for the game
I don't necessarily agree. Most poaching (I think) is done for oddballs. E.G. if you see someone getting 2500 tournament points every week in a 4 chest FS they are a fair target for poaching because your FS might actually be a better fit.
I cannot imagine those features in this game. LOL
This is one of the very few games of its kind that doesn't have those features. Messenger systems had separate tabs for separate topics 25 years ago, having multiple tabs/channels for in game chat is so prolific in games that INNO is by far in the minority for not having it.

Last edited: