• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recruiting

able99

A group of players in a fs where the AM and Mages are inactive can all simply leave and start a new fs together. I see no issue that would make my auto release proposal a problem for them.
If they all start a new fs together and all join on the same day, they may want to leave and return at different times so they establish different starting anniversary date, so 2 years later they are not all released at the same time, or they can make everyone a Mage so they are exempt from automatic release. Other than that there is no real issue.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
By the way, your ideas on this completely clash with the new rules and cooldown periods that were added with the Perks system. And there has been a separate cooldown in place for years now for fellowship hopping, where you cannot join two different fellowships in a 24-hour period.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The hidden problem is all the fellowships where the AM and all the Mages are inactive, and the few remaining players are too settled in their ways to change fellowships or are afraid they will not find another one after they leave the mostly dead one. Along with all this player movement and deleting/archiving of inactive cities and accounts, any fellowship run by an inactive AM should just be disbanded when the AM gets archived. And in the rare situation it is a chapter 1-3 AM, I would assume the fellowship is automatically gone anyway when the AM's city gets deleted.

@helya can you tell us anything about this? Are inactive AMs given any preferences or exemptions from the normal deletion or archiving because they own a fellowship?
They have a longer period of time before the city is deleted (and Fellowship disbanded)

Sprite1313

This is one of the very few games of its kind that doesn't have those features. Messenger systems had separate tabs for separate topics 25 years ago, having multiple tabs/channels for in game chat is so prolific in games that INNO is by far in the minority for not having it
But Inno does have it. At the risk of mentioning a PvP game - FoE has multiple chat tabs, including a world chat. I'm wondering if Inno assumes that, this not being a PvP game, we couldn't possibly need world chat?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
But Inno does have it. At the risk of mentioning a PvP game - FoE has multiple chat tabs, including a world chat. I'm wondering if Inno assumes that, this not being a PvP game, we couldn't possibly need world chat?

Inno can see everything that goes on in the game, and if almost no one talks to people who are not in their fellowship, then Inno sees that and thinks that no one wants a better messaging system.

Sprite1313

I propose make joining a FS a maximum 2 year hitch (Like the army).
Crackie, Where did you get the notion that I suggested committing to a fs for 2 years?
As much as it pains me to admit, I read your post the same way @crackie did. Folks who enlist in the Army don't get to leave whenever they want, unless their contract has been fulfilled, or they are prepared to accept some significant consequences. So, your statement may indicate that the enlistment contract is for two years, but it certainly doesn't imply an option to leave within that two years.

Sprite1313

automatically released from your FS and will have to be unattached for 7 days.
They can then opt to do nothing ie inviting them back in.
He can decide to rejoin and continue on.
He can join any fs he likes as soon as he is released, except for the one he came from.
So, released and can immediately join another FS, released and may join any FS but his old one, released and may not join any FS for a week (thus missing Spire, Tourney, FA, etc), or the AM can invite him back in? I'm a little confused ATM.

able99

I propose make joining a FS a maximum 2 year hitch (Like the army).
I will drink the Sip of Clarity Koolaide.

To my understanding for an Army hitch, you commit to 2 years or whatever their contract says now.
I added the word maximum to to indicate you can stay up to 2 years, and then will automatically be released. I should have been clearer and added unless you leave or are expelled earlier. Perhaps that would have made it clearer, hense I Sip the Drink, and arrow deserved.

Let me try to clarify since my language was not as elegant. I am not proposing you need to commit to a FS for 2 years. You can leave anytime of be expelled any time just as it is now. I am proposing you are automatically released 2 years after joining. You can rejoin after a week
If you can state the intent of this proposal better, and I will adapt your wording.

As to the issue that players will miss a tourney and Spire week, yes the proposal as I outlined it will do that. Is missing 1 week in 2 years really the major problem. People take vacations, and rl happens. It should be easy enough to make accommodations with your AM so your clock is reset during the time you are out anyway. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are many players who played every tournament and every Spire without missing a single one for 2 years straight.

Lastly, how do we handle the conflicting Rule designed to prevent FS hoping. Simple enough, this is just a proposal, so lets just add that rule is suspended for players in their Release Week. And of course I have no expectations any of this will be accepted or implemented.

The point of this Recruitment Thread is to get people thinking outside the box on how to improve Recruitment.
Face it, the system we have now needs to impove.

Aritra

As to the issue that players will miss a tourney and Spire week, yes the proposal as I outlined it will do that. Is missing 1 week in 2 years really the major problem. People take vacations, and rl happens. It should be easy enough to make accommodations with your AM so your clock is reset during the time you are out anyway. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are many players who played every tournament and every Spire without missing a single one for 2 years straight.
I think you seriously underestimate the dedicated playerbase. Missing a week is a huge deal to many players.
Missing a day or two is a big deal. A whole week? NO!

Last edited:

able99

Wow, If that's the case, then I underestimated them. Are you one of those player or know someone who has not miss a week in 2 years.
I would like to congratulate them.

Sprite1313

The point of this Recruitment Thread is to get people thinking outside the box on how to improve Recruitment.
Face it, the system we have now needs to impove.
How is forcing me to leave my FS (an FS that I love, full of people I enjoy talking to daily) going to convince anyone else to join? As a new player, I searched the various intro pages and looked for a home that was right for me. It took joining my third FS for me to get one that I love.

1. Your proposal punishes players who enjoy the social aspect of the game, or just feel comfortable being in a FS for a long time, working with the same group of players.

2. It does not seem likely to produce your desired results. Booting me from a fellowship just leaves two vacancies instead of one.

3. We don't necessarily need an outside the box solution. We have a wonderful solution sitting right inside the online gaming box - world chat. People get to meet players outside of their FS and immediate neighbourhood, can get a feel for their personalities and game play. That is a much better way to attract new players than to kick me out of my beloved FS.

It isn't that we need to think outside of the box, it's that INNO needs to remember they already have the perfect box sitting in their attic

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Inno can see everything that goes on in the game, and if almost no one talks to people who are not in their fellowship, then Inno sees that and thinks that no one wants a better messaging system.
What an utterly insane conclusion.

"I've never seen you drive a Ferrari, therefore you must not want one."

Ummm yeah, yeah I do want to drive a Ferrari, but you're gonna have to pass me the keys first.

Sprite1313

Wow, If that's the case, the I underestimated them. Are you one of those player or know someone who has not miss a week in 2 years. I would like to congratulate them.
Well, the week you choose to boot me may be a really bad week for me to miss. Does this mean I need to plan my family camping trip around when Inno is going to boot me from my FS? Isn't that the tail wagging the dog?

Aritra

Wow, If that's the case, then I underestimated them. Are you one of those player or know someone who has not miss a week in 2 years.
I would like to congratulate them.
Yes I am. (Technically, I am one month from having been playing for two years, and I have not missed a week of Elvenar, nor plan to. I don't recall having missed a day, either).
And I am not alone.

Last edited:

able99

No, leave a week or few weeks earlier, and reset the clock.
Enjoy your camping trip and be sure they have internet so you can keep up with your tourney.

able99

Aritra, Hats off to you, two consecutive years without missing a tournament is a remarkable achievement.

As to World Chat you talked about earlier, I am all for that provided its in a separate tab. I haven't heard that INNO will implement it for Elvenar.

But don't worry about your streak, there is no chance INNO will even consider my proposal.