• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soleil Nightbloom

The images here are very blurry. Do you have any that aren't? I can mostly read the new mined ones, but the pic to the old ones I can't. If there is a link to clearer images, that would be good.

EDIT: Never mind. I found them in the beta forum: Release Notes version 1.146
Sorry about that, I thought the pics were too big. Here, they are again for everyone.

2C9FF44B-92DC-4BB6-88CC-4366758F17C4.jpeg
0FBDF3F7-AFC3-410C-97AB-3FAA3CF644A8.jpeg

Raccon

YESSS!!! I’ve been using the industrial Winter Lampion Repellent lately because I won diamonds in the first 5 gates of the Spire (never happened before) and I was fearing the RNG gods were going to mess with me in the MA for sure to even things out! Been spraying Winter Lampion Repellent liberally like a pubescent boy getting hold of his first can of Axe body spray.

index.php
This stuff really works, last night I won 500 diamonds :diamond: from MA's mystical object even though 3 winter lampions were hanging over my head like the Sword of Damocles :)

Zoof

In response to the upcoming changes to MA, I dumped my VV stash (~1600) and got awarded 2500 diamonds. An awesome turnout, tempered by the expectation that I'll probably never see another diamond come from MA for the rest of my life.

Personally didn't bother checking on the other prizes in the new rotation, but were I to do that, would I find anything worth my time as a city in orcs moving into woodelves?

Raccon

In response to the upcoming changes to MA, I dumped my VV stash (~1600) and got awarded 2500 diamonds. An awesome turnout, tempered by the expectation that I'll probably never see another diamond come from MA for the rest of my life.

Personally didn't bother checking on the other prizes in the new rotation, but were I to do that, would I find anything worth my time as a city in orcs moving into woodelves?
You must've been using the industrial grade Shenanigan Elves Winter Lampion repellent. Some players who didn't use this awesome product endedup being rewarded with the same number of your diamonds but in winter lampion currency ;)

Regnad

What's a VV stash?

Zoof

So to get a "stash" you just don't click on the Mystical Object? Doesn't make much sense to me unless you were waiting for odds/choices to improve I guess.
When I started building up the stash, the particular Mystical Object had a 50% chance of getting 35KP. A number of factors came together to make the possibility of getting those KP a wholly undesirable thing at that point in time. Since then, I just... didn't feel the need to get any more Mystical Objects, so I didn't. I also liked the idea of having a (possibly) huge chunk of KP waiting for me when I really needed it.

If you're curious, burning those 1600 VV also awarded me 140KP. The Mystical Object mentioned above? It did, in fact, spit out 35KP.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Doesn't make much sense to me
The odds/choices/windows don't change just because you wait to open them.
I let the VV build up during FA's; I usually open ~12 objects at the end in both cities. I just like getting a bunch of rewards at the end of a tiresome week, lol! Others have said they do it when they start getting close to the next chapter. They of course want the diamonds, but they're also looking to cash them in and get a few of those 35kp ones when they can dump them right into that first chapter tech and get credited with rewards that are for the new chapter level (like during events). I'm sure there are other reasons I haven't heard yet.

Gladiola

Saving them can be useful when you're about to start another chapter because if you do get buildings they will be in the higher chapter. That will be more significant since they are finally going to have some new (and to my mind better) buildings when they change the prizes. At least no more winter lampions and blue flames!

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I’ve never thought to save them. What a good idea. But maybe I won’t start until after the change…
I have opened all my boxes
But yeah I started saving when we got event currency still in those boxes. at my record high I had more than 120 boxes saved.

The main advantage is that of you have 100 boxes you are bound to have some nice prizes, when you open 1 at a time, you always get not what you hoped for and it feels a bit like a drag waiting for diamonds.

I once had 6x diamonds in a row (record streak) but also had a long time nothing, that long time nothing then feels crap. so by saving 120 chest got plenty diamonds and timeboosters on that run. even if it was less or more than average I still got plenty fun.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The 'Buried City' event starts in Beta on Thursday 3rd February.
Watch this post - as soon as I have more information I will publish an event note with all the details, and edit to include the link here. Note: We no longer use Facebook for our event notes - they are in a format that anyone can open on a normal PC.
:) :cool:
Note that the version that runs in Beta is usually very similar but not always identical to the version that reaches the Live Worlds a few weeks later.

272972724_10220466069342398_8263151264502628213_n.jpg

Yogi Dave

So to get a "stash" you just don't click on the Mystical Object? Doesn't make much sense to me unless you were waiting for odds/choices to improve I guess.
I was saving them for the chapter 20 to open. Since it will be a long time, I'd get a lot of 35kp bonuses from them which would really kick start the chapter of having the KP for several techs. I hadn't thought of the buildings from the next ch, but that'd be a bonus for at least a couple of them. I went on and used the 15 I had. Even with lower changes of KP, I think I'll start saving them again until ch 20 comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.