• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Forbidden Ruins Discussion Thread

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If the conclusion is that they're poor businesspeople, what makes Forum members believe that their reactions can lead to any improvements?
Haha because complaining is also a free activity! There is no causality between my belief in my own self-importance and someone being a poor businessman. Do we need Venn diagrams for this?

Myne

Oh Wise One
If the conclusion is that they're poor businesspeople, what makes Forum members believe that their reactions can lead to any improvements?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't think it will. They have their own business plan and will follow it, regardless of what we say....unless it gets in their pockets. I am entitled to my opinion and this thread is for discussion. :)

crackie

This game is free. They owe me nothing. Complaining is also free. If I complain and nothing happens, I'm still where I am. Nothing has changed. No harm, no foul. If I complain and they change something to accommodate my grievances, then woohoo! I go somewhere better! That sounds like a pretty great return on investment with minimal risk to me. :cool:

In all seriousness, there are things that drives me batty about this game, to the point where just ranting about it isn't enough and I have to find other creative channels to burn that pent up frustration. I have pretttttty low expectations on changes around here. At the same time, I'm not completely doom and gloom about it. They do make changes, albeit at a snail's pace. I'm pretty indifferent about events because I can already Spire and tourney well with what I currently have to work with. I also don't have room for anymore event buildings so they have to be high level of awesome to even be worth clearing space for. I mean, I can't even be a self-loathing winter lampion much longer because they're finally getting rid of them things in the MA! Am I completely happy with the MA changes? No, but heavens know I've added more cowbells to that topic for a loooong time! I'm however, super happy with the advent of FS Perks though because the communal aspects are what I love most about the game. And if they don't fix that darn in-game chat, then I won't have problems walking away when I reach the point of being too frustrated because I can continue talking to friends I've met from here thanks to us being driven to use discord as a better form of communication.

Moho

Chef
and ignoring the fact that I will most probably not enjoy the presence of the set in my city, I look forward to the penultimate day when I'm going to earn a number of troops instants. I'm expecting at least 10 per city.
mc-hr-1-lg.png

crackie

I couldn't figure out how to make a negative roll and went with not collecting the daily 30 currency in protest.
Perfect. If the rest of the world be hating on her, I will be the only shoulder left for her to cry on. It will really help me with building an unhealthy, co-dependent friendship with a somewhat (in)famous person where I am the only one she needs. Maybe Stephen King will even write a novel about our friendship…

BrinDarby

by the numbers this Event was....... Over-Nerf'd .....
even the "close to silver" ppl are wayyy back, so odds
are they won't pay as much as normal..... but shocker :eek:
Silver across the board, might not hit 260...... @least
usually Silver ends up around 290-320, not this time :rolleyes:

worst part, the F.Ruins piece in Silver, is NOT the last
piece.... :oops:... so u can hit silver and still not have the set
if u didn't hit 260 also..... Really ?? o_O

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Are those numbers actually comparable to other events though? I feel like a lot of players have said they aren't even bothering because they were sure from early on that they couldn't get the last piece anyway, so that would necessarily skew the league numbers downward from normal. If it ended now, the leagues would definitely be low but there are 4 whole days still left and there must be some other players besides me who have kept some scrolls back, so those numbers will probably take a sharp jump on the last day. By my calculations, I will (hopefully!) just scrape by the number needed for the last set piece at 261 or 262, and I would be tickled pink, but don't actually expect, to be in Silver at the end of the event.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I'm saving some for that, and I don't even know if frogs will do me any good; never had them before! :p

Tehya1

Well, my ch 2 city is stuck. I am not in the spire yet, I have nothing to disenchant for sf, 2 ccs take 30 hrs, and my quest atm is gain 20 vvs. I have no way to complete that task unless I disenchant stuff that I need.

Let me be clear. I do not care about finishing the event in that city, so don't feel that you have to give me pep talks, but inno needs to know that they have made this event unfair to new players.

Sprite1313

Well, my ch 2 city is stuck. I am not in the spire yet, I have nothing to disenchant for sf, 2 ccs take 30 hrs, and my quest atm is gain 20 vvs. I have no way to complete that task unless I disenchant stuff that I need.

Let me be clear. I do not care about finishing the event in that city, so don't feel that you have to give me pep talks, but inno needs to know that they have made this event unfair to new players.
I'm pretty sure that Inno designed the events with the expectation that new players wouldn't be able to finish it. I'm guessing the theory is that, if it is manageable for brand new cities, it will be boring for established cities. Right, wrong or otherwise, I think this is deliberate, not oversight.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This has never happened to me before so i felt ill mention it.
Running two nearly identical cities for so many of these events, even when theyve done the same quests and collected the same things, and not cashed in.. there event currency totals have always varied. Likely form the random drops around the city edge (even tho they are collected at the same time.) But they have always varied. Some times a little.. some time a lot :/ ...

Today, with only 4 days 10h left on event, and no cashing in yet, my two cities have exactly the same amount of event currency. 0.0 - I know it makes sense that they would, but its never happened before. This is actually the very first time its ever happened. Im curious if its jsut random luck or if inno adjusted the random drops to be more even. May never know, but i wonder.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
This has never happened to me before so i felt ill mention it.
Running two nearly identical cities for so many of these events, even when theyve done the same quests and collected the same things, and not cashed in.. there event currency totals have always varied. Likely form the random drops around the city edge (even tho they are collected at the same time.) But they have always varied. Some times a little.. some time a lot :/ ...

Today, with only 4 days 10h left on event, and no cashing in yet, my two cities have exactly the same amount of event currency. 0.0 - I know it makes sense that they would, but its never happened before. This is actually the very first time its ever happened. Im curious if its jsut random luck or if inno adjusted the random drops to be more even. May never know, but i wonder.
Almost creepy lol. Not only all that. I started to cash in half my currencies today. Both had the same first three chests, both got the same reward form the chest. Then both got a currency reward form the second chest... bizarre'

Similarities ended there tho. Cashed in half my currency in both cities. Main city got 114 points. Second city got 158 points.... Thats one hell of a difference lol