• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dwarven Portal - Is it a waste of space?

Djoe

I have advanced to the fairy level, and realized, I am not using products from the dwarves anymore. Should I move the dwarf buildings into storage? For what do I need them going forward?

Sprite1313

I have advanced to the fairy level, and realized, I am not using products from the dwarves anymore. Should I move the dwarf buildings into storage? For what do I need them going forward?
You should soon see a quest to sell your Dwarven Portal. Don’t bother to put it in storage, you will never use it again. Same is true for all of the guest races.

Now that you are in a new chapter, you should be able to decline any previously undeclinable quests from dwarves. This will get you to the “research advanced scouts” quest, followed by “sell your Dwarven portal” quest.

Aritra

You don't need dwarven supplies anymore.... unless you want to place dwarven street tiles.
I top off my dwarven portal before selling so I can make them later if I want (you can always re-build the portal and mines/foundries to make what you need if you don't have enough when you want it). Once the chapter changes, you can't view the storage quantities from the "settlement resources" dropdown at the top, but you don't lose whatever you've made. If you still have the portal, you can hover (or tap on mobile??) and it will show you storage---it just won't be visible anywhere else (once you sell the portal, you still have stuff, but you'll not know how much you have without rebuilding a new portal--selling after mostly/all full, should not be a problem)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Once the chapter changes, you can't view the storage quantities from the "settlement resources" dropdown at the top, but you don't lose whatever you've made. If you still have the portal, you can hover (or tap on mobile??) and it will show you storage---it just won't be visible anywhere else (once you sell the portal, you still have stuff, but you'll not know how much you have without rebuilding a new portal--selling after mostly/all full, should not be a problem)
Yes, listen to the wise words of @Aritra! I used to think you lose all your portal goods after you sell the portal so I would build an excessive amount of fancy roads that I carry with me into the next chapter. TOTAL WASTE OF TILE SPACE! Unless you need to send messages to the UFOs...
Need Planks small.png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't bother with the roads that require guest goods. It seems too much of a waste of space to keep churning out a certain chapter's guest goods after you've passed it. I just waited until I got to a higher chapter, where they stopped asking for guest race goods to upgrade a street. Then I went crazy and updated all the streets from chapter 5. It gave me a huge boost in culture all at once. I know there are lots of people who will say I was wrong to wait, but I don't care ... it worked for me. I sold every dang guest race building without worrying if I had enough guest race goods for roads, and I never seemed to suffer greatly from it. (Besides, look how many coins and supplies I saved, too. Maybe nearly enough to make up for the extra I would have gotten from the extra culture.)

But they are not wrong ... they just have a different viewpoint.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Well I turtle through chapters waiting on blueprints/diamonds/RRs to upgrade my magic/evolve/moonstone buildings so making more stuff is not an issue when you've got time. I used to think the fancier roads are prettier, but I just finished Halflings and now it looks like my outhouses and bathrooms sprung leaks all over my city :(

Sprite1313

You don't need dwarven supplies anymore.... unless you want to place dwarven street tiles.
I top off my dwarven portal before selling so I can make them later if I want (you can always re-build the portal and mines/foundries to make what you need if you don't have enough when you want it). Once the chapter changes, you can't view the storage quantities from the "settlement resources" dropdown at the top, but you don't lose whatever you've made. If you still have the portal, you can hover (or tap on mobile??) and it will show you storage---it just won't be visible anywhere else (once you sell the portal, you still have stuff,
Well I turtle through chapters waiting on blueprints/diamonds/RRs to upgrade my magic/evolve/moonstone buildings so making more stuff is not an issue when you've got time. I used to think the fancier roads are prettier, but I just finished Halflings and now it looks like my outhouses and bathrooms sprung leaks all over my city :(
Well, how could anybody expect you to move quickly through chapters - not only are you two trees tied together with lights - but your growlight products probably leave you much more mellow than most of us. :p