• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unless there are major changes between beta and live, I'm not interested in placing the evolving building. So far, there are no dailies I'd place either. So, for me, at least I get in some practice on a mini-game I like because it challenges me...now watch, I'll do much better this time and not even want the things I get from it, lol!

No Orc Nests to replace? And there will be a 20kp Ancient Knowledge as a daily prize.

DeletedUser26243

Were you here for Halloween? misty forest style? That's next
Yes I read on to other posts n I remember that I didn’t like it didn’t do too good at all. ☺️ thank u must rethink my tool usage

What tools? I don’t know why but when I do events I always hit the ones that u need the most collected items thinking I mite just get the best prize I’m guessing this is sort of different then the one that is about to end now that I got the entire building in this event I guess I can wait n see how far I can far in upcoming one n decide which 1 will help me better cause they r both pretty big i read further n found out bout upcoming event n it’s one I don’t care for
W

What tools? I don’t know why but when I do events I always hit the ones that u need the most collected items thinking I mite just get the best prize I’m guessing this is sort of different then the one that is about to end now that I got the entire building in this event I guess I can wait n see how far I can far in upcoming one n decide which 1 will help me better cause they r both pretty big
I really like the orc production on the building. Chapter 9 and orcs are currently my limiting factor. This building will definitely help!

StarLoad

Get a bit further in the chapters and you won't have that excess problem. Chapter 19 destroys all reserves of mana, seeds, orcs, sentient goods, unurium.
I have opened chapter 16 and will advance no farther, I see nothing good past that point to entice me to continue. I can Tourney, Spire, Fellowship Adventures and if the event offers something good, then that too.

Ed

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
TODAY'S UPDATE IN BETA SERVER

The upgrade costs of certain Manufactory levels 16-27 have been rebalanced so that equal amounts of Goods are required.
Most likely this change will come to the live worlds with the next upgrade.

272754363_10220504010170895_8968515696728193767_n.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
No Orc Nests to replace? And there will be a 20kp Ancient Knowledge as a daily prize.
I'll definitely use my event currency on days with AWKP instants (and maybe troop instants if they offer one I like). But, I want to continue to practice with the strategy of getting the most GP's. Dailies will be looked at as gravy. If I get the artifacts, I *might* place one in my Ch16 city where I'm thinking of retiring the Orc Nests anyway.
I haven't used Orc Nests in months (?a year?) in one city (parked at beginning of Ch18) with 2.8mil orcs. The other city has Orc Nests, but it's parked at the beginning of Ch16 with 4.6mil orcs. I am 100% combat in the Spire in both cities and 90% combat in the tourney. That reduces demand on orcs for me considerably. Tourney is increasing catering as I try to grow towards a sustainable 10K tourney pts (working on the Ch18 city right now at 8100pts). My playstyle is a bit odd; I've moved through chapters very slowly since ~Fairies or so, then I came to a screeching halt:
I parked my first city at beginning of 16 since I agreed with others that nothing beyond that interested me. Then, I saw the blue dragon AW at the end of Ch17. Just finished that chapter during the Winter Event and have the Dragon placed. I'm going to park here for the foreseeable future (It was a year at beginning of Ch16). This city also has a herd of ~33 unicorns as well as other buildings kept mainly because I like them. This city runs with zero houses, zero T1,2 or 3 factories except for event quests and FA's so my marble stay out more there now that those come so often. Will be able to start putting marble away once I hit the daily quests by the next event. Pop and regular goods come from event bldgs. Those bldgs will now be able to satisfy a daily 'gain goods' quest without the marble factories. I'll still need them for bracelets in FA's, though.
The Ch16 city is my more 'efficient' city. Built for combat from the start (with a year's experience in the first city) to do well in tourneys and events; that came to include Spire when it was released. Once I've got the 'pretty' city up to my tourney goal, it won't be as hard to get this one there. That's why I started with the one that was going to need the most work, lol! I'm going to have to run out of anything else to do or they're going to have to come up with something really special to get me to move the Ch16 city forward in research. Pretty/shiny/sparkly doesn't impress this city much, lol!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have opened chapter 16 and will advance no farther, I see nothing good past that point to entice me to continue. I can Tourney, Spire, Fellowship Adventures and if the event offers something good, then that too.

Ed
I used to feel the same way. In fact, I did pause after opening ch 16 for several months. Looking forward, nothing in ch 16 or 17 appealed to me. And of the 4 star promotions in ch 18, only the Orc Strat promotion appealed to me. I did not think it was enough.

Then ch 19 was announced. It includes 4 star promotions for Rangers and Cerberus. These are 2 of my 4 most used units. The other 2 are Frogs and Priest/Blossom Mage (depending on if it is a human or elf city). To me that changed the calculation to pause my city for tournament/spire performance and I resumed advancing because I want those promotions. I also feel that in the time it takes me to move from the start of ch 16 to the current end, ch 20 will be announced. Hopefully that will include more good 4 star unit promotions.

StarLoad

...Then ch 19 was announced. It includes 4 star promotions for Rangers and Cerberus. These are 2 of my 4 most used units. The other 2 are Frogs and Priest/Blossom Mage (depending on if it is a human or elf city). To me that changed the calculation to pause my city for tournament/spire performance and I resumed advancing because I want those promotions....
@Henroo, whilst I can completely understand where you come from in regards to the better troops, I still sit back and look and wonder what more is there or more specifically what more do I need to have. The truth is that the game does not offer any added benefit other than the ability to increase my tournament score, FOR ME.

I think that chasing my tail, whilst funny to watch from the outside, (as an observer/on video) does not get you anywhere. I can complete my 6 rounds of the tourney in 1 day if I choose and I have more than enough goods to enjoy the game. Free space if I want to build a shanty town for an FA, and enough POP and Culture to change buildings on the fly. I think I have reached the pinnacle of the game and everything in front of me is nothing more than a drain and to what end? If I can do everything that the game demands of me without much struggle then why should I torture myself just to get a new AW or a Higher basic MFG that I don't use or to earn and spend 5000 KP in a level ... I can't see any reason for any of that.

Hence, my city is very fine where it is at, and all the KP I earn goes into my own AW and the goods I get from set bldgs and the Sentient MFG feed any upgrades, trades, and Spire needs. As all my other cities progress, I am looking very closely at where a good stopping point will be for each from Halflings on.

Ed

Henroo

Oh Wise One
...I can complete my 6 rounds of the tourney in 1 day if I choose and I have more than enough goods to enjoy the game...

...As all my other cities progress, I am looking very closely at where a good stopping point will be for each from Halflings on.

Ed
If you want your younger cities to ever achieve the same tournament schedule as your big city, then you have to complete ch 14 and unlock Time Warp. Stopping before that will mean that you have cities on vastly different tournament schedules on a permanent basis.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Btw, using Runes for wonders is live on EN servers. Our FS does pile-ons and we have hit a limit on giving someone more KPs. It’s saying to come back later. The wonder being targeted is 1200 KPs and we might have been halfway through since yesterday. This is totes poops. The point of pile-on is to get wonders built faster!

StarLoad

If you want your younger cities to ever achieve the same tournament schedule as your big city, then you have to complete ch 14 and unlock Time Warp. Stopping before that will mean that you have cities on vastly different tournament schedules on a permanent basis.
Understood, I have evaluated the options, and stopping before needing ANY decaying goods has both advantages and disadvantages. I have not made a final determination, but I may use 1 city to test the waters, so to speak.

Ed

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Btw, using Runes for wonders is live on EN servers. Our FS does pile-ons and we have hit a limit on giving someone more KPs. It’s saying to come back later. The wonder being targeted is 1200 KPs and we might have been halfway through since yesterday. This is totes poops. The point of pile-on is to get wonders built faster!
Yup there is a 'Bank', and your targeted fellow is in a deficit.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

You only hit a limit if you give the person too much before they have a chance to give some back and balance it out.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Understood, I have evaluated the options, and stopping before needing ANY decaying goods has both advantages and disadvantages. I have not made a final determination, but I may use 1 city to test the waters, so to speak.

There are never sentient goods in the tournament, only the Spire, so cater the tournament and fight the Spire and never have to touch sentients, if you stop in chapter 13+? For overall, I will never understand someone stopping before they are in chapter 8 at minimum, so that they can make orcs for world map catering. Also, since the decaying goods do not show up until the chapter after you unlock them, going to the end of chapter 9 and stopping prevents any decaying goods from being needed in tournament or Spire.

DeletedUser27062

I parked up all my cities at the end of S&D. My reasoning is that my cities were never designed to go beyond that and would require a lot of modification to cope with the demands of sentient goods. It seems like the only temptation is access to the time warp but that isn't enough of a lure to me.

The Unbeliever

I parked up all my cities at the end of S&D. My reasoning is that my cities were never designed to go beyond that and would require a lot of modification to cope with the demands of sentient goods. It seems like the only temptation is access to the time warp but that isn't enough of a lure to me.
It has nothing to do with the cities themselves "not being designed for it", but rather everything to do with the devs being too bloody lazy to add a couple lines of code that would simply keep sentient + ascended goods out of the negotiation options! (...especially in the Spire!)

If the Spire were to stick to just Orks + Mana + Seeds as the only decaying resources that could potentially be needed for negotiating, things would even out a helluva lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.