• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

In Game Spam

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
An offer to play another InnoGames product is turning up in my cities, like Spam. There is no way to turn it off and no way to access the offer after the fact. Worse it seems InnoGames' in house psychologist is preying on our "Fear of Missing Out" to create a buzz. I personally think it's rude and unprofessional.

quin629

Plus - news flash for Inno - I might have been interested enough to go look at their other game with the special extra bonus for new players. But not at dark o'clock when I logged in this morning to run like a lunatic to collect & reset all my productions before work. To actually attract new players I suggest they leave the offer up in all cities for 24 hours. No time this morning for a disappearing offer on my first login only.

And I also thought it was a brand-new game based on their wording, not something that's been out for a year now.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I got it just now as I logged in so took a screen shot of it.

innogames.jpg

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It's always a job to get the word out. If you rely on forums...well, how many visit forums? If you rely on email...again, how many haven't set their email to filter things like msgs from Inno so that they go to the "spam" or "promotions" folder, which they never view? And a lot of people don't visit fb, instagram and all the other places on which they try to get the word out? The only place active players visit is...well, their cities. So "bang for buck" the best advertising is right there where the players are. Personally, I, too, would rather not receive such messages, but they are a business and cost/benefit analysis is their job. They've probably figured out that such a minor annoyance isn't going to drive very many away, while the vast advertising effect of addressing the player base directly will get a LOT more players to try the "new" game, even if a few are annoyed and won't.

It's all in the bottom line.

AJ

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Plus - news flash for Inno - I might have been interested enough to go look at their other game with the special extra bonus for new players. But not at dark o'clock when I logged in this morning to run like a lunatic to collect & reset all my productions before work. To actually attract new players I suggest they leave the offer up in all cities for 24 hours. No time this morning for a disappearing offer on my first login only.

And I also thought it was a brand-new game based on their wording, not something that's been out for a year now.
Exactamundo. I got the same offer at the same time.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Thanks everyone for the screenshots. I was told its Rise of Culture's launch and that's why it was there. I did share your displeasure about it popping into the game.

Huor

That's funny. On the RoC announcements, they didn't tell us it's coming out of "development".

LisaMV

Thanks everyone for the screenshots. I was told its Rise of Culture's launch and that's why it was there. I did share your displeasure about it popping into the game.
I don't really mind at all if they are letting us Elvenar players know about another game they have... but it was very weird not to be able to find it again later. Was it an actual announcement? or just rude "click bait"? Seems they hadn't decided quite which they were going for.

edeba

I don't mind it showing up once to tell us about the game, but I sure hope we don't get more. It belongs in the Elvenar News. Could even have a permanent "Explore other games" link button somewhere on the elvenar news bulletin.

1644465149670.png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
One of my issues is the timing. I was recording my League results, and got this offer once per account, not each city. After an event full of pop-up notices, we have begun to ignore them, so an offer for free, ?? Widgets? Diamonds? Equivalent of an Oasis in FoE? (My personal favorite, junk culture :rolleyes: ). I can assure you I was on desktop with no desire to install another App on my phone at the time.
Anyway seeing as the last time this happened I was asked to report it (some spammers running a scam on a Russian system). Who remembers getting V3 in in game mail?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Yeah it didn't bother me that they let us know about it, but like Edeba said it would have been better in the news section so we could check it out on our own time and not a pop up at the logging of the game that disappeared with no way to check it out later.