• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hi, just started and looking for newbie advice

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Hello and welcome!
My best advice to my newbie self would be "Don't hesitate to leave a fellowship to find a better fit."

@cdiamond Figure out if you're a casual or competitive player and find a fellowship that suits that playing style or it's not going to be as fun. A good fitting fellowship is a game changer.

Sprite1313

@cdiamond I do agree with @crackie's advice :(,

I would also advise that you take all advice with a grain of salt. @Iyapo1 has been told that you cannot succeed in this game by catering only, and yet, there she is... catering her way to success.

Most of us think that @crackie is nutso for her love of those worthless weak less-than-stellar barracks-produced bud sorceresses, but (either due to head trauma or some other cause ;)), she loves them (at least that's the rumour).

You will also have people tell you that some AWs are worthless and you should never build them (I have a lot that I find useless and have never built). However, they might be something that works better for your style of play; or, they might be something you just really want to have in your city - go ahead and build it. (As long as you understand the downside that comes with that (space taken up, slight increase in spire/tourney costs).

Definitely find a good fellowship, and don't be afraid to move around in FS to find the right fit. That is going to make all of the difference. Not only will it help your city grow, but once you find a group of players you enjoy chatting with, the game becomes much more fun.

Moho

Chef
the best advice you wish you'd had when you first started.
My best advice is that you should join an ambitious fellowship as soon as possible. I think you should be an ambitious player yourself too because if you're not you will miss everything that is really valuable in this game.

138450400-elementary-school-girl-in-pink-clothes-she-uses-a-personal-computer-.jpg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@cdiamond
First of all... Ignore both of them:(and always play the game your way. Welcome to some fun!
Haha, yes it's true...the sodium intake starts now! @shimmerfly has happily played in her own fellowship of one for awhile. This game is very open-ended so there's no right or wrong way to play.
@cdiamond
Most of us think that @crackie is nutso for her love of those worthless weak less-than-stellar barracks-produced bud sorceresses, but (either due to head trauma or some other cause ;)), she loves them (at least that's the rumour).
Mmmm...I can't decide if this is libel or I should let you off the hook as long as you only think I'm a nutso because I <3 Buddy.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
cdiamond, welcome to the forum and I'm glad you asked this question. My two pieces of advice, that in chapter 16 I'm still ruing from way back when, are these:

1. First of all, go into your tools (the little nut in the far lower right of the screen when you're in game), and then find the part where it says "Confirm Diamond Purchase." Make absolutely sure you have that box checked ... the default is UNchecked. There is nothing like accidentally clicking twice and wondering where all your diamonds went because you accidentally clicked to get something stupid and there was no confirmation popup saying "do you really want to spend diamonds on this?" When that box is checked, then you'll get the popup. I know popups are annoying, but it's more annoying to be saving up diamonds for something big and suddenly realizing you have 500 fewer diamonds and you have no idea why and nothing you can see to show for it.

2. Don't disenchant portal profits, even if they seem useless in chapters 1-5. There will come a time in chapters 6 and later when you will sell your right hand for them ... and they are very hard to come by. (Likewise don't disenchant artifacts unless you really really really are desperate for the spell fragments. They may come in handy someday, and likewise they are very hard to get.)

Edit: The portal profit thing will ony affect you, as a new player, during events. Keep every one you get. A person not yet in chapter 6 will no longer get them in the Spire.

Iyapo1

Best advice I was given when I started has to do with clearing provinces on the world map. It is a really good idea to leave a few unscouted provinces in each ring as soon as you are able to(around ring 5). This will give you provinces that are very cheap to cater and easy to fight for events. I have included a link to a province ring graphic created by a player.
I've had this graph for a while now, thought I'd share it:
View attachment 8213

You can see a visual pattern with the color schemes - yellow rings have 3 provinces wrapping around each corner; purple rings have 1 province at each corner; and cyan rings have no province at corners.

It's a little counter-intuitive, but Inno counts the first ring as 0. I think the idea is that the "ring count" is really a measurement of how far a province is to your city. In that sense, the provinces in the first ring have a distance of 0 since they are immediately next to your city. The provinces in the second ring have a distance of 1 since there is 1 ring in between.

Here is also a chart for the number of provinces and cities in each ring:

Ring​
Provinces​
Total Provinces​
Cities​
Total Cities​
0​
6​
6​
0​
0​
1​
6​
12​
6​
6​
2​
12​
24​
6​
12​
3​
18​
42​
6​
18​
4​
18​
60​
12​
30​
5​
24​
84​
12​
42​
6​
30​
114​
12​
54​
7​
30​
144​
18​
72​
8​
36​
180​
18​
90​
9​
42​
222​
18​
108​
10​
42​
264​
24​
132​
11​
48​
312​
24​
156​
12​
54​
366​
24​
180​
13​
54​
420​
30​
210​
14​
60​
480​
30​
240​
15​
66​
546​
30​
270​
16​
66​
612​
36​
306​
17​
72​
684​
36​
342​
18​
78​
762​
36​
378​
19​
78​
840​
42​
420​
20​
84​
924​
42​
462​

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My three points.

1) It's a complicated game where each thing you do cascades it's effects onto other things. So take it slow, be patient, and don't go too fast, especially in the opening 5 chapters.

2) Ask a lot of questions and be ready to get a bit confused and make mistakes. By going slow you can catch and correct those mistakes more easily and in the process become far less confused.

3) When faced with a choice ask, "what would AJ do?" LOL! Actually, ask, "what's my long term goal here?" That's a better question. It's just too easy to get side tracked and find yourself going in three directions at once. For instance, the knowledge points you use to do research can often be spent in other ways. If you are focused on finishing a particular research item, forget, and use that KP in other places, you might get a bit discouraged. So stay focused on the path you've set for yourself and realize you may not be able, or want, to do everything that can be done.

AJ

sputnik9009

Hello everyone
I just started playing yesterday & looking to hear the best advice you wish you'd had when you first started.
Thanks & looking forward to playing
Hello and welcome cdiamond

My best advice is to spend one million dollars on diamonds and you will have the best city ever and everything special
This game is simple it is all about diamonds! diamonds! diamonds!
...i am sure you will figure it out!
But, if you are like me and pride yourself thrifty and frugal. it is possible to build a large city with spending no money, because really this game is not worth spending money on. Quite Frankly there are better games that cost less, that is just my opinionated opinion.
My city is on SINYA ARDA and i have not spent any money on this game and never will.

1) Max out your three boosted manufactures and trade for other resources.
2) Scout provinces as often as possible.
3) Max out culture to achieve bonuses.
4) Find a fellowship that is active on giving neighbourly help, trading, tournaments and fellowship adventures.
5) When it come time and you can build Ancient Wonders, build Tome of Secrets and then Golden Abyss and when you can build Endless Excavation get rid of Tome of secrets and replace it with Endless Excavation
6) And Elvenar US Forum will help, there are a lot of great people this forum, very helpful and wise.
7) Good Luck!

Gkyr

Chef
Yes, visit the suggested links.

And remember these words:
Elvenar is a game of resource management.

[If the game is fun, you are managing your resources correctly (for your style of play. There is no one correct way to do things - but there are mistakes...)]
If the game is not fun, there are ten dozen reasons why. Can't go into it.