• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unit Spreadsheet?

Huor

I like my 1 star rangers! They'll drop 3 star mages real quick and in a hurry. A chapter 9 dojo puts out 1150 per day. 550 culture for the heck of it and 960 pop if you like people hanging around your city. If you don't want your dojo's, please contact support and have them transferred to my inventory! Thank you for your support! Oh, and happy valentine's day!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
lol This has been what I see, so they must be better at higher levels since so many like them. It sounds like I would do better if I just recruit archers for now and spend my rrs upgrading the birds and bears.
A level THREE pro ranger, as in very highly promoted ranger from chapter 15, has health stats comparable to a level ONE standard issue archer included in newbie starter kits when they first start the game. Therefore, your level 1 ranger has even worse health stats than a level 1 archer. Pretty much if there are other enemies around besides heavy melee or mages, they're goners. In the lower provinces, they might survive long enough to take more than two hits! Their main advantage is their +1 movement, which allows them to reach mages if there are obstacles in the way that an archer cannot reach. HOWEVER, sometimes in autofights, this extra movement works to your disadvantage. Instead of just sending an unobstructed ranger straight across to shoot the enemy you line them up with, sometimes AI uses that extra movement to stray into the other lanes for the fun of it, thereby blocking another light range's shot and making them skip a turn for no reason than to get more of your troops killed.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Why is everyone saying Dryads have high health? They are the lowest health light range unit in the game. I have both human and elven cities. And in all of them a squad of Dryads has lower health than an equal size squad of Crossbowmen, Archers, or Rangers. They make up for it because they have the highest overall attack rating of any light range unit and also have the highest bonuses against heavy melee.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Why is everyone saying Dryads have high health? They are the lowest health light range unit in the game. I have both human and elven cities. And in all of them a squad of Dryads has lower health than an equal size squad of Crossbowmen, Archers, or Rangers. They make up for it because they have the highest overall attack rating of any light range unit and also have the highest bonuses against heavy melee.
They do. They just have much smaller squads so they aren't "equal size" going to battle. Their squads are tiny. For example, my Archer squad is 1218 and my Dryad squad is only 609. It's similar to not getting to bring as many Treants to battle as your archer stacks (or I might like heavy melee more).

Source
Hitpoints (Good guys):
Ranger - 46
Ranger II - 51
Archer I - 54
Pro Ranger - 56
Crossbowman - 58
Elite Archer - 59
Pro Ranger II - 61
Crossbowman II - 64
Elite Archer - 65
Master Crossbowman - 70
Dryad I - 88
Dryad II - 97
Dryad III - 106

Raccon

If below information is accurate, Daryads, even at 1*, enjoy higher health and attack power. Specially when it's LR vs LR a -%20 debuffed daryad would have more attacking power left than other intact LR units + their hit back bonus.

Screenshot_20220214-172237_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220214-172313_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220214-172341_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
They do. They just have much smaller squads so they aren't "equal size" going to battle. Their squads are tiny.
I did say I was comparing full squads. The health rating of an individual Dryad vs that of an individual Archer or Ranger does not matter because you only get half as many Dryads in a squad. The total ratings for the squad is what really matters because that is how we send them into battle.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Raccon You're not accounting for how squads are calculated. Look at the column on your chart which gives unit size. Archers, Crossbowmen, and Rangers have a size of 1. Dryads have a size of 2. So if you have a squad size of 100, that squad will have 100 Archers, Crossbowmen, and Rangers in it. You add the individual stats of these 100 and that is the total attack and health rating of the squad. But because they have a size of 2, there will only be 50 Dryads in a squad. You add the total of those 50 Dryads to get the attack and health rating for them.

Huor

These are based on a squad size of 1140. For myself in chapter 9, the dryad is not ready yet for regular use.

Attachments

• ranger-1.jpg
    ranger-1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 74
  • dryad-1.jpg
    dryad-1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 81
  • crossbow-3.jpg
    crossbow-3.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 73

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Using @crackie's squad differences and assuming 0 boosts applied from AW's, Fire chickens or temp boost bldgs:
609 Dryad III @ health of 106 each has a squad health of 64,554
1218 Elite Archer @ health of 59 each has a squad health of 71,862
That squad of Dryads is going die easier than the squad of Archers.

After years of manual combat, I don't use this much anymore, but until I learned the relationship between initiative and placement, the following was extremely helpful:
In manual combat, on the bottom bar, there are icons of each unit on the field (both your own and enemy squads) that you can hover over and get the attack/health stats for that squad of troops. It adjusts every time a squad takes a hit and reflects current strength of units remaining in the squad in real time. After taking a hit, both the attack strength and health decreases by the number of individual units killed in the hit. I find that more helpful than looking at what the Army Camp tab says about the squad stats. Those only apply to the start of a battle on the world map provinces and I do a lot more tourney/Spire encounters every week than map ones. Plus, comparing real time stats of my units v enemy units is very helpful when making the decision about who is going to be the next enemy target. This bar also shows squads in the order in which they will get a turn, again updating in real time.

I also have no clue how mobile only players ever learn all this, lol! They don't have access to any of that information.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
These are based on a squad size of 1140. For myself in chapter 9, the dryad is not ready yet for regular use.
Chapter 9 is when you get the 2 star promotion for Dryads. It does not look like you've gotten it yet. I think you will be very pleased with the improved stats when you get it and will start to use Dryads more.

Raccon

Chapter 9 is when you get the 2 star promotion for Dryads. It does not look like you've gotten it yet. I think you will be very pleased with the improved stats when you get it and will start to use Dryads more.
Very true, I noticed 1* daryads start loosing their edge around chapter 7 after most of your barrak troops are already 3* troops and therefore spire and turnament opposing forces adjust accordinly.

Tehya1

I like my 1 star rangers! They'll drop 3 star mages real quick and in a hurry. A chapter 9 dojo puts out 1150 per day. 550 culture for the heck of it and 960 pop if you like people hanging around your city. If you don't want your dojo's, please contact support and have them transferred to my inventory!
My dojos are ch 2 LOL

Raccon

This is all great advice! Do yall recommend that I upgrade my training dojos to get more rangers, or wait until I can recruit them? I am in chs 5 and 6, and then one in ch 3.
RRs are much more valuable to be used on culture/troop buildings. I made that mistake on a few culture buildings in early chapters before I noticed how fast they become obsolete both culture vise or pop/troop vise and how many more efficient culture/pop buildings become available on every event. I'd save my RRs to upgrade buildings like the moonstone library, fire phoenix, Triumph Of The Tides, or brown and polar bears inestead.

Huor

It's hard to say. I'm keeping up with mine in a staggered fashion for now. So only 1 will be brought to chapter 9. The other 2 will remain in chapter 8 for now. I don't use a merc camp so I need my passive troop buildings to be cranking! I think a dojo is well worth a BP now and then to keep up with. The buildings Raccon listed are on my RR list too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccon

In that case, you can craft RRs in the MA if/when needed more of them. They come in 10, 20 and 30 denominations and require 1, 2 and 3 blue prints respectively + spell fragments.

Screenshot_20220214-221342_Elvenar.jpg

Huor

Thank you! You were right about the 2 star dryads! I now use them almost all the time when heavies are on the field. What a difference vs. the 1 star dryad.