• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rune Shard changes

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Watching too, yup off to make my own popcorn.
Do we give the ones without Beta or EN accts the spoiler or just watch it unfold while enjoying our snacks? Also, what would we do without the snacks around here...

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Are we trading war stories? My alt had a top player and her, friends (you know the kind, one star sentient trades, FSs with 8 instances of herself) donate a bunch of points to my Timewarp. On the one hand, I don't want to facilitate pushers, on the other, it is a new Wonder, hard to rearrange a chapter 15 city to take most Wonders offroad, when I nearly have enough cup bearers and helmet heads to unlock the research in front of the Vaults..

Huor

Just so I understand it, if you have an abyss rune you don't need you can donate it to another players abyss only for 15kp, or you can use it in any aw of yours for 10kp. I also assume that in another players aw, if you time things right, you can get back some of your rune shards and some generic aw kp instants from chests that you can use anywhere (the kp instants that is)?

edeba

My beta FS collective did about 800 AW levels in 3 weeks. If you have players aggressively interested in leveling, I'm not so sure how well the kp chains will handle it.

My beta FS does net zero, so exchanges were made to fill an AW so the chest value of what was left would finish lower valued AW and then it was entered in the netzero spreadsheet.

Just an advance tip, some rune are very abundant and other aren't. It might not be in your interest to trade your less abundant runes to abundant ones. We had a lot of cross trading on AW runeshards like trading MH runes for ETC runes. If you have a bunch of levels on an AW you want to level, you might want to make sure you trade those runeshards to get yours filled.

Sprite1313

or you can use it in any aw of yours for 10kp.
No, you can only use it in the AW it is for. So, you can put it in another player's GA for 15AWKP, or into your GA for 10AWKP. You couldn't use it for 10AWKP in your Monatsery/Sanctuary, for instance.
1645065639736.png

Notice the rune shard donation tab matches the rune shard for the AW.

Rp44

Since the shards have to match the AW, I don't see how just one thread would be workable. Am I just being dense? :)

Lelanya

Since the shards have to match the AW, I don't see how just one thread would be workable. Am I just being dense? :)
I have a 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 100. I do not differentiate between runs shard swaps and regular threads, use the 15, 30, 45 or 75 if you want to use rune shards. Keep a weather eye on stocks, and on your outbound vs inbound KPs, because there is a hard cap.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We do Wonder Society (pile-on same wonder) for the speed of getting wonders built. Therefore, we can dump at any denomination until the Wonder is done and it gets tracked via spreadsheet. The whole thing is on steroids with runes. Like @edeba said, you’re going to finish wonders by the hundreds. I’m thankful we don’t bother with swap threads bc you would need really high denominations to keep up in the first few days.

The spoiler is that there is a mechanism that will stop you from adding more KPs to someone’s wonder if they hit a certain number of KPs received unless they donate out again. There is no written documentation for it so you just learn of it when it gets triggered because support staff enjoys getting inundated with tickets by surprised players. This means if you randomly dump runes into someone’s wonder that they aren’t building bc you happen to have a tons of runes for it, you could potentially lock them out of the wonder they want to build, at least temporarily. Early chapter beginner cities will be susceptible to this because early chapter wonders are what people have most runes for, but they won’t have the gigantic piles of runes to give back. However, the flip side is new cities can get a level 20+ Needles or GA almost overnight while it took the rest of us a lot more sweat equity and elbow grease to get that done. If you got new players, now would be a good time to remind them that wonder levels do affect costs.

Lelanya

Geez Crackie, thank all the gods that I wasn't eating ( and successfully resisted the temptation to go Volunteer for InnoGames).

DeletedUser27062

Less moving pieces to worry about than Perks system, but the fireworks will fly nonetheless.
*grabs popcorn*
People are convinced it's some Inno woo woo witchcraft to make them spend money lol