• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly help window

Bywindrian

Instead of going to each city to offer neighborly help (which takes more time as each city needs to load), create a neighborly help window that shows:
1) A list of all those I can help,
then either on this same list or after selecting one I wish to help
2) show me the best cultural building to "polish", let me know how many buildings, if any, are under construction,
3) show me the Ancient Wonders that can be helped with research (whether KP's or Rune Shards), and lastly
4) The little green house button to actually visit and view the city.

Palavyn

If they can't do something like this, at least make the helping hands icons larger on PC. At least they should move the date to the left and let the hands span the entire row.

Attachments

• tiny helping hands.PNG
    tiny helping hands.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 59

defiantoneks

we've asked and either been denied or ignored when wanting the PC version of help to match the mobile functions.

michmarc

The only hope is that there are other ideas that they have shot down (like fellowship badges) that suddenly out of nowhere get implemented.

[I'd like a "help everyone" button like some other games have so I don't even have to mash hundreds of buttons, even if it is as easy as mobile makes it.]

defiantoneks

i'm fine with separate help and not all at once. especially when we have quests that require neighborly help, and maybe i want to only do part so the rest of the neighborhood is staged for help in 6 or twelve hours. plus, if we help everyone at once, what happens to the overage of coin and supplies? one at a time gives us the chance to hit the wholesaler.

i'm just sick and tired of having to wait for every person's city to load, or logout of everything, get the tablet, blah blah.
FGS just make things consistent.
make the neighborly help the same as mobile
make the production ready indicators the same as mobile (so we can actually see them)
get the boost time/expiration to show for everyone

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
i'm fine with separate help and not all at once. especially when we have quests that require neighborly help, and maybe i want to only do part so the rest of the neighborhood is staged for help in 6 or twelve hours. plus, if we help everyone at once, what happens to the overage of coin and supplies? one at a time gives us the chance to hit the wholesaler.

i'm just sick and tired of having to wait for every person's city to load, or logout of everything, get the tablet, blah blah.
FGS just make things consistent.
make the neighborly help the same as mobile
make the production ready indicators the same as mobile (so we can actually see them)
get the boost time/expiration to show for everyone
I have around 200-250 cities in my neighborhood, and yesterday I visited every single one of them ... yes, on my PC. And yes, it's a real job. If I did that every day I'd faint, lol.

defiantoneks

oh and another inconsistency: the chat and trader listings scroll in opposite directions from mobile vs desktop. having the next trade listing scroll the wrong way is possibly why people end up accepting disadvantageous or unwanted trades.

BrinDarby

Has anyone explored Inno's bandwidth usages with current system
versus a 1 click to help all FS, and 1 click to help all disc. neighbors ? ;)
all these xtra clicks cost Inno Bandwidth ........ l o l

Zoof

Has anyone explored Inno's bandwidth usages with current system
versus a 1 click to help all FS, and 1 click to help all disc. neighbors ? ;)
all these xtra clicks cost Inno Bandwidth ........ l o l
I haven't done any rigorous testing, but I do have a bandwidth monitor set up on my PC. I've switched graphics there from high to low in an (unfortunately untested) effort to reduce bandwidth usage based on the idea that the devs were smart enough to put into code to not send the full animation for buildings when it requests still images. And I occasionally monitor bandwidth usage on my mobile device.

On mobile, many of my more full sessions takes about 2-10MB of data, though it could be slightly more as I normally don't do neighborhood collections on data.

On PC, it takes me about 5-10MB just to load a large city, which is really visible in the desktop graph of my monitor software (I use Bitmeter for this), and on some days in which I take a stroll throughout the world to visit peoples' cities, I rack up anywhere between 300MB to over a GB of downloaded data.

When I mentioned this to my friend, who happens to deal a lot in the server space, he told me that bandwidth like this is cheaper than dirt, on the order of ~$0.02 per GB (found via quick Google search on AWS bandwidth pricing as a benchmark; no idea what services are actually being used). This leads me to believe that whatever the actual costs are in bandwidth and server usage, it likely wouldn't be higher over whatever time period Inno would use for this metric versus the possible/probable costs of developing that one-click feature.

Which makes me believe one of three things:
(1) Inno really doesn't want to do this because design choice reasons
(2) Bandwidth is so abominably cheap that it makes sense not to do this
(3) Adding that feature is harder than they previously thought.
(3.5) And going back to point #2, they found that it'd just be cheaper to let it lie after digging into it for a little.
(3.55) Or it really is a problem and someone is getting gray hairs and caffeine poisoning trying to solve this and not getting far.

*sigh*. Now I'm really curious as to the costs associated with this. Thanks @BrinDarby ; now this question won't leave my mind 'till I get closure.

BrinDarby

Sry Zoof ,
When we're talking "costs", not only the pipe for the data, but the
server power to process/transmit/receive the data aswell.... I've seen
games where game tweaks seem more gear'd to ... less demand on
the "servers" in all respects, rather than making life easier for players.

Momonar

So as of 3/14/2022 - this feature is now implemented in the desktop version as a "neighbors" tab on the Province Overview dialog.

It is very nice, so as a reward to the developers who did it, I of course am asking for an improvement (i.e more work for the devs :).

Add a drop-list button above the column of 3 buttons to "visit all" (or even visit all on this page) with selections of "Main Hall", "Builder", and "Culture". When clicked, button shows drop-list, when item in drop list selected, all cities are visited choosing the selected item to help. If a city has no option for that, the visit is skipped. If the gold collected exceeds your storage, you can still bring up the "gold overflow" dialog to cancel.

Save my poor wrists from 38x9x2 clicks per day (or at least reduce by factor of 9 if implementing "on this page").

Attachments

• NeighborsTab.jpg
    NeighborsTab.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 52

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Add a drop-list button above the column of 3 buttons to "visit all" (or even visit all on this page) with selections of "Main Hall", "Builder", and "Culture"...,when item in drop list selected, all cities are visited choosing the selected item to help.

But that doesn't take into account the city owner's preference. I misclick sometimes when I get in the clicking zone but I certainly try to pay attention to what is being asked for. Do you not?

Momonar

While many users in the past indicated preference in their title because visiting was sparse (due to the amount of time it took to visit), now this is mostly obsolete given how easy it is to visit. I no longer care what people visit. The game will auto pick the best culture item, and if a builder is available and it is chosen that is fine too. Main Hall is fine too. It's all good.