• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Buried City

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It looks like the email gift works a little different this time. Normally it is 100 free currency. But if I am reading the email right then this time it gives you digging tools for free instead of currency. I can't be sure because I have not cashed mine in yet. I normally wait to see which of my 3 cities needs help the worst before using the email.
I actually discovered the problem. I don't know why, but they had sent an email out in January for the buried city, that said "click for free gift." So when the event started today, I clicked in my email search box "elvenar," and for some reason it put that old one at the top of the list. I clicked on the gift and it brought me to my game, but nothing happened. I now realize that I had a later email in my inbox from Elvenar about this.

I wonder if that earlier email was a glitch, supposed to be sent to beta players. Although I have a beta city, that's not the one associated with the email address I got that earlier email on. Ah well, all's well that ends well! :) I got the later email. Thanks, Henroo.

Yogi Dave

Actually, the Festival Merchant beats the Amuni Ships in my chapter (16) but only slightly.
GR10_AW1_Runeshard.png
I prefer the Festival Merchant for a few reasons. It's a little smaller so easier to fit into my city. It gives slightly more seeds per sq. It has a 6h early collection which works for me because I'm usually on before the 12h total time elapses. It can be crafted in the MA which means I can replace the previous chapter ones with new ones without using RR spells, though that may take a little while, so I may upgrade a couple.

Lady Dastardly

It can be crafted in the MA which means I can replace the previous chapter ones with new ones without using RR spells
This is the main reason I avoid event buildings that have similar output per square to craftable buildings. It's easy to swap a new Orc Nest or Festival Merchant into the space of the old one when you change chapter, but when you have differently sized event buildings you are stuck either using RR's or having to rearrange/rebalance as you trade them for other event/craftable replacements. Neither of those things are worth it to me unless the event building is significantly better per square.

Lady Dastardly

So this 400 for 10 bucks sale prrobably replaces the stash outpost
The stash outpost never goes on sale until the second day of the event, so I would expect us to still see that offer sometime tomorrow. Beta never gets the stash outpost offer, or any of the other special offers we get on live, from what I've read, so the fact that they didn't get it doesn't mean we won't.

Fiona Selah

Has anyone else had a problem with the email gift? I went to my email the minute the event started this morning, and the link to get the gift just sends me to the game, but doesn't actually give me anything. My AM on Thornwood had the same thing happen. :(

Hmmm ... I just realized that email was from January 18. But why would they send an email and tell you to collect your gift on an event that wasn't going to happen for a month? That makes no sense to me.

Tried several times for the tools, can't log in from the screen I'm sent to. Contacted Support. But... I actually got two amuni ships today... stunned.

Talaedraiia

Has anyone else had a problem with the email gift? I went to my email the minute the event started this morning, and the link to get the gift just sends me to the game, but doesn't actually give me anything. My AM on Thornwood had the same thing happen. :(

Hmmm ... I just realized that email was from January 18. But why would they send an email and tell you to collect your gift on an event that wasn't going to happen for a month? That makes no sense to me.
Exact same thing happened to me. Also with an old email. Since I hadn’t cleared my email for awhile. I did a search for elvenar message and opened. Tried a couple of times and didn’t get any thing and then noticed it as an old email never got a new one. checked for it several times.

Zoof

So far, I'm liking the event. Far more interactive and game-ish than the prior event that basically amounts to a Gacha game (though I do imagine the pain it must be if you're trying to operate multiple cities)

But the sale at the start of the event. Even though I didn't buy any of it, dat graphic. The very first thing that came to my mind?

ELVENAR_donkeys.png

"donkeys! Donkeys!! DONKEYS!!!"

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Now I'm a bit confused. I finally got the new email, so that I could collect my gift. It was TWO shovels. I mentioned it to my team, and another person said they also got the email, but instead of shovels, they got 100 event cash. Since the shovels were only worth 10 event cash each, why the disparity between emails? Doesn't seem fair to me if they just gave some shovels and some currency. :(

Myne

Oh Wise One
Now I'm a bit confused. I finally got the new email, so that I could collect my gift. It was TWO shovels. I mentioned it to my team, and another person said they also got the email, but instead of shovels, they got 100 event cash. Since the shovels were only worth 10 event cash each, why the disparity between emails? Doesn't seem fair to me if they just gave some shovels and some currency. :(

I got one each of the tools for the board

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh boy ladies, we should have added that to the Q&A Bingo Board!
So.
On Beta, I'm at 15 out 20 for the 2nd base. Sounds good right? But I am out of quests, out of shovels, down to 12 provisions and only have what Barabbas is scrounging from the bushes! On the bright side, I'm in Gold League, for now.