• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Poachers

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I’ve honestly never saw the harm in those who put just 1 point in on mine. It doesn’t take anything away from me and I get free kp out of it, so them getting a profit in return doesn’t bother me. I don’t so much care about someone’s motives - whether they’re putting a point in as a thank you or are just rune/kp hunting - it doesn’t have any impact on me other than having to spend less kp on a wonder in the end, and I’d prefer the chests not go to waste anyway since that’s what they’re there for - to encourage donation. I understand this isn’t everyone’s viewpoint, but that’s just my two cents.
I'm with you, Katarax.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have been fiddling with any idea that could solve this and not make any players look bad. It builds off how we have the heart on the AWs to favorite them, but I am not good at writing up suggestions, so it may be a while before I post it. lol

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Gosh where do you all live? In Oklahoma air is free
It is in Maine as well. But when I lived in Arizona, you had to put quarters in the machine, and not just one ... I can't remember, but it took 3 or 4 or more. I thought that was insane and was so glad when I moved here and it was free.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Almost any repair shop or tire shop will give free air and there are two major convenience store chains in the East that have free air, but almost everyone else has the pay air, some even take credit cards.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Where I am in northwest Arkansas, some gas stations are free and some need quarters (take note and be prepared to know where to go ;) )
Maybe they did that where I lived 20 years ago, these days nobody carries money anymore it's all digital.
So coin machines kinda have died out.

DeletedUser27062

I have been fiddling with any idea that could solve this and not make any players look bad. It builds off how we have the heart on the AWs to favorite them, but I am not good at writing up suggestions, so it may be a while before I post it. lol
I suggested something like a city flag that acts as a welcome mat for AWs just to let ppl know if they're welcome to contribute.

DeletedUser27062

I like to think of it like raccoons digging around in someone's trash can. Sure there's a little effort involved and maybe the entire street gets a fine coating of everyone's week-old leftovers and napkins, but gosh darn it those delicious treasures were going to go to the landfill anyway!

Okay. I can see how this might get a little annoying but just let 'em have it. Or if not, try to seal it up by loading all the treasures down to start.

But whatever you do, don't go out of your way to feed the raccoons or you'll end up with this:
Unless you want that sorta thing. I wouldn't blame you if you did
I'll see your raccoons and raise you a porcupine! (sound up!)

HKRM

It appears that my fs has a raccoon problem. I apologize for resurrecting this dead horse; but recently I’ve noticed some predatory behaviour from outside players.
I’ve always believed in keeping our chests in the fs but if someone sneaks through and grabs one I figure “we’ll played” and forget about it. I even prefer that to having chests lost. We have active swap threads and try to be very vigilant regarding unclaimed chests. In the last 1 1/2 days, 2 players from another fs we have never had contact with have made a coordinated effort to capture chests.

They probably did well at first but now that we are aware I doubt they are making a profit. The issue is that most of the fs’s attention is now on countering their efforts. They keep on adding a point or 2 to knock our players down and we have to react. These 2 players are on the majority of our wonders and seem to have an amazing amount of time devoted to this. I really don’t see their benefit but they have kept it up.
I have sent a message to them and their AM asking for a truce. I’m hoping for a response but I recognize this is unlikely. Any advice on next steps?

Iyapo1

I doubt they are making a profit.
I doubt they would continue this if they were not making a profit. The chests pay out purple(20kp) and blue(5kp) rewards. Plus with the rune changes, each rune is worth 15KP in another players wonder or 10KP in your own wonder.
In your FS just start filling the chests to actual value. If they want to pay more than the chest is worth, just thank them for the KP donation and the owner of the wonder(who got the extra KP) can just reimburse FS members who get bumped to lower chest values.

You say you have an active KP swap so I am not sure why the chest value is not being reached but it is obviously not being reached.

Raccoons only mess with trashcans that have something they want inside.

HKRM

I think they were probably making a profit at first. Now that we are watching out for them, we’ve managed to knock them out or keep them to lower chests. I’m hoping they will look for easier prey and move on soon. To be honest, I think some of our members are enjoying the challenge of the battle for the chests but it will get old very quickly and is quite time consuming. If I advise our members to let it go as long as the poachers don’t make a profit; which is probably the more rational response, it feels like giving in to pirates and is probably not going to be great for moral. They really are like an infestation. Lol!

DeletedUser27062

I doubt they would continue this if they were not making a profit. The chests pay out purple(20kp) and blue(5kp) rewards. Plus with the rune changes, each rune is worth 15KP in another players wonder or 10KP in your own wonder.
In your FS just start filling the chests to actual value. If they want to pay more than the chest is worth, just thank them for the KP donation and the owner of the wonder(who got the extra KP) can just reimburse FS members who get bumped to lower chest values.

You say you have an active KP swap so I am not sure why the chest value is not being reached but it is obviously not being reached.

Raccoons only mess with trashcans that have something they want inside.
How would they know if they made a profit unless they were able to veiw a chest once the kp was filled but before it was upgraded.

DeletedUser27062

I think they were probably making a profit at first. Now that we are watching out for them, we’ve managed to knock them out or keep them to lower chests. I’m hoping they will look for easier prey and move on soon. To be honest, I think some of our members are enjoying the challenge of the battle for the chests but it will get old very quickly and is quite time consuming. If I advise our members to let it go as long as the poachers don’t make a profit; which is probably the more rational response, it feels like giving in to pirates and is probably not going to be great for moral. They really are like an infestation. Lol!

Ugh, how horrendous! What has this game resorted to? Next thing you know they'll be taking your trades as well!