• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonders

InfinitiQX80

Which Ancient Wonders should I build first?

(I searched for 5 minutes in the forum but had no luck. Maybe I didn't ask the right question.)

Another user advised, in order:

Mountain Halls
Dwarven Bulwark
Heroes' Forge
Blooming Trader Guild
Martial Monastery
Prosperity Towers

I have Dwarven Bulwark ready but no room and Mountain Halls is almost ready.

I've got the first 6 built:
Tome of Secrets
Golden Abyss
Endless Excavation
Needles of the Tempest
Martial Monastery
Crystal Lighthouse

and one from the 2nd page, Thrones of the High Men.

Also, if I sell/delete a built Ancient Wonder I don't lose it, I just have to fill it again will Rune Shards, correct?

Any advice, comment, or questions are welcome. Thanks. :)

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
(My personal opinion) Mountain Halls is a must have for goods boosts. Tome of Secrets: it’s ok for early chapters but I wouldn’t waste a lot of kps on leveling it. If selling the Tome gives you room for the Dwarven Bulwark, that’s what I’d do, especially if you fight instead of negotiate. Endless Excavation: those supplies are great but replace it with Prosperity Towers when you have it available.

If you sell an ancient wonder and wish to rebuild it again later, yes, you have to start from the beginning by refilling the rune circle. There’s a discussion on Wonders here somewhere. I’ll look and share the link unless someone beats me to it.

Myne

Oh Wise One
lso, if I sell/delete a built Ancient Wonder I don't lose it, I just have to fill it again will Rune Shards, correct?

yes
You don't have to build all the wonders. I don't know how you would fit them all in really. It depends on your style of play. Do you fight or cater? Are you in need of population regularly? Do you need more KP to progress at the level you want? Asking yourself those kinds of questions will tell you what you should build

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member

Gkyr

Chef
You are free to game any way you want to - but I would strongly suggest against adopting someone else's list of the 'best' Ancient Wonders (AWs). As mentioned here and elsewhere:
1. There are as many useful combinations of AWs as there are styles of gaming.
2. For every good review of an AW, I can find a disparaging review.
3. Take into consideration the reasons an AW is liked or disliked and apply it to your own decision-making.
4. You can't or shouldn't collect them all - be discriminating.
Here are some reviews to take with a grain:
https://dirtbeardblog.wordpress.com/ **
https://minmaxgame.com/elvenar-woodelves-planning/ **
Read @CrazyWizard post on this page: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wonders.27310/page-4#post-217656**
Soggyshorts in this thread: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ancient-wonders.27310/page-2#post-216331 **
** means scroll down about 1/2 way to find the mentions.
P.S. You didn't do a reasonable job of searching this forum. This topic is all over the place, but, never mind. We do not mind pontificating for our new friends.

InfinitiQX80

Thank you all for taking the time and effort to respond. A lot of good information here, esp. with the links. Thanks again. :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I can't tell from your first 6 wonders if you're set up to be a fighter or caterer. I reckon you'd benefit from figuring that out first. I have a lvl 12 Mountain Hall and lvl 6 BTG, but as a predominantly fighting city, I have pretty much abandoned them in terms of willingness to throw more KPs at them. My inventory is still growing each week and I don't have much things I need to spend on so it's not worth the KPs for my playing style. My Mountain Hall gives me +335 steel every 3hrs per every lvl 29 steel. I have 3 steel manus out, so that's about +1000/3hrs. It's nothing to write home about. It's mostly a population building at this point and I completely skipped it in my 2nd city.

InfinitiQX80

When I first started, I didn't have a plan. I thought just getting the Ancient Wonders built was what I had to do. I didn't know what they were for. I had no reference so I just plugged along for a few years, never asked any questions, (I wasn't that interested), and now I'm retired and I'm just starting to properly learn the game. When I think about it from the gaming perspective, I wasted a lot of time. lol

I can't tell from your first 6 wonders if you're set up to be a fighter or caterer.

I'm leaning toward building up my military more than goods and supplies. I've deleted two Ancient Wonders since I posted this thread about 55 minutes ago. Thrones of the High Men and Golden Abyss. I need the space.

Gkyr

Chef
When I think about it from the gaming perspective, I wasted a lot of time. lol
I'm leaning toward building up my military more than goods and supplies. I've deleted two Ancient Wonders since I posted this thread about 55 minutes ago. Thrones of the High Men and Golden Abyss. I need the space.
Not necessarily wasted time. One of the many ways to play Elvenar is just to create cities. Sim Architect, so to speak. Many do it. You are just changing paradigms, that's all. You now have some 'board layout' experience that some process-oriented players don't have. I'm sure it will come in handy.
I am a fighter; I don't have a crystal lighthouse. Is CL really making a difference for you? I would have sold Thrones of High Men, too, if I had built it but I have kept my Golden Abyss. However, I do not upgrade it past 21 right now and I may sell it. I tried Mountain Halls but sold it.

crackie

Did this thread get punted into the wrong subforum
B_all_aw2_shards.png
while they were hiding easter eggs or am I having a Mandela Effect moment?

crackie

This wasn't originally posted in Questions & Help?
(I’d hate to see Buddy get lost looking for Easter goodies!)
Clearly, I'm losing my mind. That's why you need a good...Buddy system.
I'll show myself out...