• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

Heymrdiedier

i remember it being slow as well. untill i found out about quest cycling. after that i always had much coins and hammers and could just buy good from wholesaleman. Those goods were then used to cater extra provincies on map (that were already at hard). Which lead to more space in the city, thus more buildings (and less need for quest cycling).
Pretty much sums it up for me, slow at start, then no enough time to do everything i wanted.
Ofcourse by now, the quest cycling has been 'handled' (changed) and the wholesalesman also runs out of affordable goods very fast :)

Yogi Dave

The handouts are a catch-22 though.
Very true. We fed a new player too much once. He used the goods to very much over scout. Then keep asking for more and more as though he was entitled and continued to clear more provs ignoring his city. Others in the FS kept feeding him since it didn't hurt them. It didn't take him too long after the feeding was stopped that he left the game in disgust at us.

When helping, you need for the person to know to not overextend themselves, even with building houses and manus since that can lead to a hammer and coin shortage. If it's someone who has a well developed city but is starting a new city, that is a different story. Still mention the overextension problem and that the help is limited since it can still be difficult to not overextend in city development or expansion in the map.

BrinDarby

Whether its low KP, low boost%, low ppl to trade "no fee" ... everything
is set to crush new players. You shouldn't have to join a FS before ya get
to CH3, and without one, CH 1/2 is a royal pain...... forget events if all thats
gonna happen is you get stuck,..... did I forget low CCs/frags .....

IF you've played before...... IF...... then you can get around some of these
blockers, and get into CH3 so you can access Spire for frags/CCs quickly.
But if you're a virgin player , then its a 50/50 if you stay past week 1.
To top everything else, trying to fix this requires overscouting, the 1 deadly
sin a player in early CHs cannot afford to get caught up in.....

1 rule I have is :
If anyone joining is < CH3, I'll grant them a 1 time pile of resources....
just to get them into CH3, where research/ect ect will catch up to them
enough to get thier city on track.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
To top everything else, trying to fix this requires overscouting, the 1 deadly
sin a player in early CHs cannot afford to get caught up in.....

While I disagree with the overscouting term the simple fact is those towns are forced to scout into very hard provinces even when doing the bare minimum. That more than most things stuffs them as it limits space, kp, tech, and ramps up costs and makes fights impossible.

Sadly "we do not see this as an issue"

Shannyn813

I agree. You want new players to have early success so they feel excited to keep playing even when things start getting harder. It's possible it's worse now than it was even a little while ago...I think helya said something recently (maybe in a Bug Report thread) about them currently reworking chs. 1-5, so if they've tweaked more than the quests, like adjusting the numbers of kp or goods you need to progress, it might be in flux/unbalanced right now.
Maybe the developers could shorten the manufacturing time in the first 2 or 3 chapters to blocks of 2 hours, thereby speeding up goods production. There would still be the hook to come back later, but not so much later that people lose interest. Just a thought.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
In my 2nd city, I feel like the coins is what snags you in the first 2 chapters more than anything else. The KP needs for techs are so low that if you sneeze, you finish them. Also, remember they're rolling out the Fellowship tech on random new players so some of them can't join FS right away until they've unlocked that tech at the beginning of chapter 2.
B_orcs_aw1_shards.png

Edit: I finished chap 1 and 2 in 2 weeks, then hung around in 3 for awhile to run cheapest spire.

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't remember my first city taking this long or being stuck like this. The fellowship at the moment consists of three players from my fellowship on another world, so we are all going through it. lol It just seems the grinding aspect of this would be a huge turn off to new players.

I started a beta city a couple months ago. I think I quit when I hit chapter 3. I was shocked by the difficulty ... I thought that being experienced would give me an edge (and it did!) I pity the poor new player who doesn't even have that much to fall back on. There's just no way that I could call it fun ... which is what I anticipated when I decided to start a new city.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I started a beta city a couple months ago. I think I quit when I hit chapter 3. I was shocked by the difficulty ... I thought that being experienced would give me an edge (and it did!) I pity the poor new player who doesn't even have that much to fall back on. There's just no way that I could call it fun ... which is what I anticipated when I decided to start a new city.

yeah. This event is also killing me with those 9 hour sets. NO time boosts to cover that!

DeletedUser30612

yeah. This event is also killing me with those 9 hour sets. NO time boosts to cover that!

don't worry you’ll hit multiple spots where you can do more than two quests in a day.

Lemon Wren

I agree with you 100%, @Myne.

I recently started a new city (I have three accounts and this new city is under the name Lemon J Wren) and had forgotten the limited ability to use the MA, the lack of timers, waiting on enough goods to finish a tech research, etc. And don't forget, too, if you get a good building from an event, they are frequently too big for a baby city to place. This city got the Amuni ships (I think it's called that) and there is really no place to put a 4 by 5 square building in a tiny town. So smaller event buildings for small cities would be helpful.

I also can't help but think all these artificial limitations drive some new people away, which obviously contributes to the dead cities issue.
B_fairies_aw2_shards.png

Also, while my FS has offered repeatedly to give unfair trades, I have turned them all down because while some Elvenar players are amazing in their ability to measure game efficiencies and plan ahead, I am not. I'm much more of a "Where am I stuck? Not enough Goods? I should work on improving that." So i can see, where @Yogi Dave mentioned already, where unfair trades can obfuscate a city's deficiencies and contribute to bigger problems later on.

Finally - the need for players to join fellowships for greater benefit is its own challenge. New players definitely benefit from joining, but my tiny new city struggled to get into a good fit. None of the obviously more successful FS's wanted my new city with its terrible numbers and the ones that would accept my city barely understood the game. "Perks? What are those?" Finally got an invitation by a neighbor to join a middling FS and all is well, but, again, it isn't an optimal gaming experience.

Lemon Wren

Suggestions? Fellowships need active people, who make a lot of points during the Tournament and/or in the Spire.

Personally, it's been my experience that fellowships fall into one of three categories.

A full roster, 25/25, of active players who visit every day/almost every day; get 10+ chests every week; and regularly get gold spire. Trades get snapped up within hours, sometimes even faster. AW's upgrade faster because you have 24 fellow players trading or even just handing out KP to others.

A majority full roster, but Elvenstats reveals that some players probably don't play anymore. Never gets 10+ chests, spire is left up to the individual. Trades take longer because the roster isn't full and therefor your position on the world map matters a lot more. Some players visit every day, but some don't. Recruiting is a challenge because the FS is basically casual.

A majority empty roster. Lacking even the above benefits of regular visits and trading partners. Hyper casual.

It just seems like you either need to shoot for a top FS or you're facing some critical challenges (lack of blueprints, lack of RR's in serious quantity, trades that go a little slower than optimal).

Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is, lol. I guess it's that players need FS's, but the FS system also needs an overhaul to eliminate the chasm between gold spire FS's and everyone else.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is, lol. I guess it's that players need FS's, but the FS system also needs an overhaul to eliminate the chasm between gold spire FS's and everyone else.

What kind of overhaul would eliminate the chasm? Individual players choose their own play level. There are a lot of great FS that are 10 chest Silver Spire.

Last edited:

Lemon Wren

What kind of overhaul would eliminate the chasm? Individual players choose their own play level. There are a lot of great FS that are 10 chest Silver Spire.

I don't know offhand. I just know that keeping a FS full of active players is a challenge in every FS I've been in except the 10 chest ones (which have also been gold spire ones). And the fewer players you have in a FS, the less beneficial the FS is to the players that are in it.

Count Rupert

I'm not sure any overhaul of the FS system is going to eliminate the chasm you see between the top echelon of FS and the rest. That's because it's not being created by the FS system. It's being created by the players that comprise the FS. A quick look any of the top FSs shows rosters made up almost entirely of high level players. Those who have the resources to do everything you say a high level FS does. There are many other FS who can match those FS in activity. The difference of course being they're made up of mid to low level players. It's a long road to get anywhere near the top as a player. There are many casualties along the way to get to the top. Which is the problem. Only so many active players are going to get there and remain active which is reflected by the low number of FS that meet your criteria for the top. I've only been playing for 6 weeks but it seems to me there has been an improvement to the FS system that helps the FS not at the top; the Perks System. Being able to save tournament points toward future tournaments means over time some FS will be able to achieve 10 chests. Sure not every week, but maybe once a month. Which can become every two weeks. FS are very similar to our cities in a way. You can build your FS toward becoming one of those at the top. This is part of the challenge as well as building our cities.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Personally, it's been my experience that fellowships fall into one of three categories.

A full roster, 25/25, of active players who visit every day/almost every day; get 10+ chests every week; and regularly get gold spire. Trades get snapped up within hours, sometimes even faster. AW's upgrade faster because you have 24 fellow players trading or even just handing out KP to others.

A majority full roster, but Elvenstats reveals that some players probably don't play anymore. Never gets 10+ chests, spire is left up to the individual. Trades take longer because the roster isn't full and therefor your position on the world map matters a lot more. Some players visit every day, but some don't. Recruiting is a challenge because the FS is basically casual.

A majority empty roster. Lacking even the above benefits of regular visits and trading partners. Hyper casual.

It just seems like you either need to shoot for a top FS or you're facing some critical challenges (lack of blueprints, lack of RR's in serious quantity, trades that go a little slower than optimal).

You have highlighted some of the problems and for that I thank you. Darielle and I have a thread regarding what AMs look for in potential players and with that we have an eye towards re doing the way we can help each other find fellowships that fit players better. Unfortunately, it seems no one wants to be bothered with it. Recruiting is a challenge no matter what FS you are in.

Lemon Wren

Keeping 25 active players is a challenge in Gold Spire FS too.

Entirely anecdotal I know, but my ten chest/gold spire rank 16 FS never goes more than two weeks at under 25 players, whereas my rank 130-something seven chest FS has never been above 20 active players as long as I've been in it (over a year). So, while there's no doubt recruitment is a challenge for everyone in this game, it's a bigger challenge for not top ranked ones.

Alram

Flippers just flip
...my rank 130-something seven chest FS has never been above 20 active players as long as I've been in it (over a year). So, while there's no doubt recruitment is a challenge for everyone in this game, it's a bigger challenge for not top ranked ones.
GR10_AW1_Runeshard.png

There are a lot of players who choose to stay in FS that are not top ranked rather than switch FS. I don't see how Inno can fix that issue.

Iyapo1

A quick look any of the top FSs shows rosters made up almost entirely of high level players. Those who have the resources to do everything you say a high level FS does.
If you gold spire and tournament many top Fellowships will take you in chapter 3. And a chapter 3 city can absolutely gold spire and tournament respectably. Small cities are also an asset in Top FA fellowships. They are bracelets making fiends!