• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can you be in too many realms?

MaddogIV

Hi, I have cities in all 8 realms. I am a fairly regular player. Some of my cities really suffer because I play every realm every day and its very hard to keep track of stuff. Some of my cities are doing very well. i belong to the same FS in all 8 As that was one of the early rules that you had to play at least once a week in all 8. Would It be better to play one city in 1 realm and be good at it. How do I quit the cities I do poorly in.

Iyapo1

I only have 3 cities. They are all in different Fellowships. 3 is almost too many for me. So, yes you can have too many cities!

To quit your cities, just decide which ones you dont want to keep. Message the AM and let them know you are retiring those cities. You can contact support in game and they will even delete the others for you if you want.

As for this:
i belong to the same FS in all 8 As that was one of the early rules that you had to play at least once a week in all 8.
The AM may boot you out of the other Fellowships if you break this rule. Not a big deal there are lots of Fellowships and most do not have this kind of rule in place.

Swordkin

Always remember not to neglect your life in the real world, that should be the limiter for what "too many cities" is. but i think you can have cities in all realms if you want to, the most ive heard is 10. There is no cap to how many you can play, but inactive cities that you havent invested dollers in, will be deleted automatically after a set period of inactivity.
B_orcs_aw1_shards.png

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I’m trying to wrap my head around being an AM for 8 cities. :oops: (Eight FAs to manage at once!) :eek:

The overview was the same for each city I was able to view. I got the impression it was advertising they had fellowships in each world, not that it was required to join each one. Some fellowships do require that if you have multiple cities then they all need to be in the their fellowship on the worlds where they have established a fellowship.

Play the # of cities you’re comfortable with managing while still getting enjoyment from the game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I abandoned a city in Khelonar; it was just too much to keep up with three cities (two on a different id).

All you have to do is leave the fellowship in those cities and stop playing. Simple. If you want to be nice, you could put a message in your city name saying "Not Playing" or "RETIRED" ... it will help your neighbors to know that.

I would suggest you leave the worlds viable. I played Darielle for 2 years before I got nostalgic for a city that my son created for me years before I started Darielle. I never had time to play it, and he kept it up for me for a couple months and then abandoned it. But about 6 months or so back I ran across the name on Elvenstats and I thought, "Aw, I'd like to see how that little city is doing." Since then, I've started building it back up after a 4 year abandonment. Sure, it was in the boondocks, but it didn't take long for it to be moved to a good neighborhood. I'm so glad I didn't disband it. It reminds me of Tom.

You might have other reasons for wanting to play it someday. You never know. I'd just stop playing if I were you (leaving the fs first, of course.)

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I feel like my limit is 1.5, like one dedicated city, but curious enough about a second city, only to then regret it when you actually start the second one. But mama didn’t raise a quitter so I have 2.
Lol
But not everyone puts in the effort that you do!
@MaddogIV, I have a few cities as well. Each one is distinct, planted at different times (with one exception) and played at differing levels of attention.

Once a week each city gets my undivided attention. I skim through them all, and create notes. That said, you can leave some cities fallow at times. Also, you can join me on Winyandor and Harandar if you need a safe FS to park your cities, I will watch over them for you.

Huor

Thank you! I thought we were supposed to post the self spotting spoiler in the thread with your edited message. oops.