• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Finally - the need for players to join fellowships for greater benefit is its own challenge. New players definitely benefit from joining, but my tiny new city struggled to get into a good fit. None of the obviously more successful FS's wanted my new city with its terrible numbers and the ones that would accept my city barely understood the game. "Perks? What are those?" Finally got an invitation by a neighbor to join a middling FS and all is well, but, again, it isn't an optimal gaming experience.
Their loss! Gold Spire FS have turnover too because real life happens A LOT! I lost 3 players in December due to health emergencies. It's bloody hard trying to recruit in general, but more difficult for Gold Spire FS when there's very limited Spire data to go on. I don't have a problem with people contacting my players trying to recruit them, but seriously, another Gold FS practically asked everyone in my FS except me (archmage) and the mages to join theirs. Now that is just lazy recruiting! Anyway, you'd be shocked how off mark some people's sense of their own Spire abilities are. They'll write things in their application like, "Yes, I love the Spire and can climb to the top!" But when you let them in, they can't find their way out of Gateway. Therefore, it's easier for me to recruit newbies with the right spirit and attitude and mold them into Spire pros. Hence, I don't really care about a player's score, chapter, or rank. Just willingness to learn and be team players. Baby cities under the right guidance can become very productive medium cities. Chapter 1-2 can be done in a week and then it's Spire time!

Unfortunately, the ship I'm captaining is on the EN server. A friend roped me into starting a new city on EN and then she stopped playing! Now I'm left creating shenanigans with mostly the Marmite and Vegemite crowd.

Lemon Wren

Their loss! Gold Spire FS have turnover too because real life happens A LOT! I lost 3 players in December due to health emergencies. It's bloody hard trying to recruit in general, but more difficult for Gold Spire FS when there's very limited Spire data to go on. I don't have a problem with people contacting my players trying to recruit them, but seriously, another Gold FS practically asked everyone in my FS except me (archmage) and the mages to join theirs. Now that is just lazy recruiting! Anyway, you'd be shocked how off mark some people's sense of their own Spire abilities are. They'll write things in their application like, "Yes, I love the Spire and can climb to the top!" But when you let them in, they can't find their way out of Gateway. Therefore, it's easier for me to recruit newbies with the right spirit and attitude and mold them into Spire pros. Hence, I don't really care about a player's score, chapter, or rank. Just willingness to learn and be team players. Baby cities under the right guidance can become very productive medium cities. Chapter 1-2 can be done in a week and then it's Spire time!

Unfortunately, the ship I'm captaining is on the EN server. A friend roped me into starting a new city on EN and then she stopped playing! Now I'm left creating shenanigans with mostly the Marmite and Vegemite crowd.

Yes, I totally agree on the right spirit. I know highly ranked players who have no idea how to do the spire and players in chapter three crushing it all the way to gold in spire. Just depends on the goals and skills of the player.

And cold call recruiting is just plain rude. I would never go to a FS that tried that.

And again, I could never be an AM, but good luck with the shenanigans! A good AM is worth their weight in - donkeys? That's the current currency, right?

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
If you gold spire and tournament many top Fellowships will take you in chapter 3. And a chapter 3 city can absolutely gold spire and tournament respectably. Small cities are also an asset in Top FA fellowships. They are bracelets making fiends!

Now I want to see if my baby city can top the spire! (Ch 3 on the verge of ch 4) Thanks @Iyapo1! ;)
B_all_aw2_shards.png

Huor

I'm going to try a chapter 3 city and see what I can do with it. That's the plan for my second city. It's in chapter 2 now. Hoping most of my troops will be from passive production starting with the watchtower and drone riders. No ma yet to get orcs and guards. Sure wish I had a dojo. lol.

Elivarian

I 2nd the T2 production.

I don't remember it being that much i needed of it when i started back in 2016 on EN servers.

I mainly fight tournament and cater the few very un-even ones where i will lose many troops. I fight maybe half in spire and cater the rest of the first two levels.

As i knew from the beginning that it was important to have enough of goods for catering map provinces i set out with 6 T1 end when i got T2 i setup 3, T3 2. But in chapter 8 i put one of my T3 in storage and build another T2, so i now have 4 of them. I boost them all day, and they are also upgaded max.

It must have been when they changed the tournament system, where i was gone for 1½ year, so coming back an all catering city was not possible anymore. It was before i stopped playing.

Of course it all depends on how your playing style is and what you want to reach do. I now after starting a city on US servers, don't push it to the limit. I don't do max guest race, maybe half, so i move slower - but it's way less stressful and i don't have to always be struggling for space in my city :)

Last edited:

Rp44

My two not-going-beyond-chapter-3 tiny cities are full cater, no barracks or armories or anything military. They have won enough troops and troop instants from events that they can usually fight the first four Spire battles and could fight the first few tourney provinces if I wanted to click more times (I usually don't lol I get plenty of tourney clicking elsewhere). They top the Spire weekly with no issues plus 2-4K tourney. And they LOVE big event buildings - the bigger the building, the more spell fragments it breaks into. :)

Perhaps because those cities are set up for catering (no goods issues), I was pleasantly suprised by the re-vamping of the first couple of chapters. They take less KP now, which is great. And several of the first build and upgrade times have been shortened. And some quests give timers as rewards!
GR11_AW1_Runeshard.png

Besides KP, coins are really the limiting factor to growth and progress early on. I was lucky enough to not have the fellowship tech included so I could join groups right away (for more people for NH as well as trades). I was lucky there too since I promoted myself by using my older cities as examples of my capabilities.

For completely new players, I think there has to be a balance between keeping their interest and helping them realize that this is a game that requires a fair amount of patience. If the first chapters all went fast, guest races would *really* be a slap in the face. I don't think I can judge if they are too slow because I had a plan /goal - EA map of my finished ch 3 city - and was eager to get there. But if the first chapters had been the way they are now when I first started playing, I probably would have less abandoned cities all over the place. (Maybe. The experimenting was lots of fun.)

Mirai

B_elementals_aw2_shards.png

It is slowish but the first time you are learning so aspects don't feel as slow. Now you have more experience you will be going "quicker" in some areas as you know what you are doing and now hit new walls. The world map wall hits everyone due to the design of those chapters and the devs don't care (their words "we do not see this as an issue"). ONly tips I can really think of:

• Simplest find a bigger account willing to fund you some resources to push though to chapter 5ish or at least tourny
  • have members of different boosts and focus hard on getting that production up, you might find the design needs to be a little different then you might normally do. Then just trade and help each other negotiate through
  • be very clear on your goal and spend, focus on the most important aspect to move you forward the best
Thank you. New to this game, finding it a slowwww grind in me week 1, Chapter 2. In a decent, if semi-active Fellowship. It's actually reassuring to hear that others find it slow going as well; the hurry up and wait aspect is - kind of odd, really.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
If we win Community Manager Bingo, do we get to hold a contest for naming Spire bosses?
Sure. Of course, you know I will see the bingo card and can thus determine the outcome, right?
I am still trying to figure out what to call them! I'd love a contest for that!
We can have an unofficial contest for February, but it still terrifies me.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
You might have identified your problem right there: your FS consists of 4 friends all with brand new cities. A FS needs a mix of city sizes. If you have bigger cities in the group they can help the smaller ones through the early difficulties. A free 10K in goods could be nothing at all to a big city but would mean the world to you right now, yes?
So I run a FS, and we have a smallish city, a second city, taken as a favor to one of our higher members. And they always have their hand out. I am going to take a good look at their chapter at this point because honestly it's been way too long. Yes I do understand the idea but when is it enough?

Myne

Oh Wise One
So I run a FS, and we have a smallish city, a second city, taken as a favor to one of our higher members. And they always have their hand out. I am going to take a good look at their chapter at this point because honestly it's been way too long. Yes I do understand the idea but when is it enough?

It's enough when you find out they are not upgrading and progressing to justify the amount you are giving them. Their manufactories should be maxed and their workshops and houses. If they are then they need to learn to manage their resources and plan their progression.