• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Buried City

Why doesn’t Combining Catalyst count towards quests requiring to the acquire enchantments?
B_all_aw2_shards.png

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The conditions under which quests can met, are often changed. Look at the wording of the quest, for example, between Gain (unlimited), Collect (some exclusions permitted) and Produce (buildings in your city only).
Always read the blue 'i', this time teleport and pet food count towards spell collection, but Spire wind up rewards do not (CCs again). At least one chest contains pet food.

The possibility of CCs being excluded was always present when they were moved out of inventory and we were warned by staff that at some point they would not count as 'Enchantment Spells'.

BrinDarby

They did announce CCs were no longer "enchantments" a few weeks ago.
As to the randomness of drops, my 3 worlds are @ 3891, 3881, 3890.
I pick up the same # of drops in all worlds @ the same time. So far, I
haven't started digging yet, so I know those #s are apples-to-apples.

Kimberlinia

I like it too. I think these are less boring than the others. At least I can choose how I want to run through instead of just filling spaces like the others. I can choose to take rewards along the way or just press on depending on my needs at the moment.

Lemon Wren

Nothing says, "Welcome to the game, new member!" quite like being told your opinion is trash.

If it makes you feel any better, @PixieFire, others of us dislike it, too. Just, ugh, too much clicking, digging, saving currency to get the best ROI on the tools, etc. I'm ignoring it entirely and only participating when what I'm normally doing coincides with the event. Not optimal for sure.

The Unbeliever

This event is a thinking/strategy game. If you don't have the time/patience to properly learn how to optimise your digging, then sure, it's going to suck. :p
On the other hand, if you take the time to learn how to best utilise your tools, you can make out like a bandit in this event, as it's far less RNG swingy. (ie: no more getting 'RNG-screwed'...)
GR13_AW2_Runeshard.png

Don't worry though, if boring, randumb mass-chest clicking is what floats your boat, mover half of the events every year are just that... then you can instead whine about getting RNG-screwed vs. whining about the time/tactical challenge of an event. :p

Myne

Oh Wise One
Hey, while I have only won I think 2 buildings in my main city, I HAVE won 13 troop instances. It is what it is. You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.
That said @helya will probably merge this thread with the other one.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Why doesn’t Combining Catalyst count towards quests requiring to the acquire enchantments?

They recently changed the way it is categorized. It is no longer categorized as an enchantment. They gave us a grace period but are now not allowing it to count as an enchantment any more.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This event is a thinking/strategy game. If you don't have the time/patience to properly learn how to optimise your digging, then sure, it's going to suck. :p
On the other hand, if you take the time to learn how to best utilise your tools, you can make out like a bandit in this event, as it's far less RNG swingy. (ie: no more getting 'RNG-screwed'...)

Don't worry though, if boring, randumb mass-chest clicking is what floats your boat, mover half of the events every year are just that... then you can instead whine about getting RNG-screwed vs. whining about the time/tactical challenge of an event. :p

Wow ... can anyone define "condescension" more accurately than this?

The Unbeliever

Wow ... can anyone define "condescension" more accurately than this?
I do NOT enjoy a "competition" where work & strategy is secondary to how blessed/screwed one is by some horribly programmed RNG.
I find that insulting to my intelligence personally.

We now have a whopping 2 events out of IIRC, at least 9 this year which will require some higher brain cell usage.
The other 7 thus far are fairly simplistic formulas, (shuffleboard - use your x2 bonus on the extra GP pts), or else just randumb garbage, (look up the chart for the 3 most efficient options and pray you don't get RNG screwed!:p)

I wouldn't be so salty if the devs would simply do the right thing, and remove the extra currency from the chests when we have Leagues in those events! At least then the 'competition' for League placement is more fair, and people who simply play the game more efficiently will not lose out to someone who just got stupidly lucky and pulled 2k+ currency out of RNG rolls!
If players who don't have the time/energy/give-a-damnability to fully complete an event really want those Silver League placements, then they can use diamonds to get there.

Unless you're saying that you enjoy seeing someone who does maybe half the work that you put in, get a bigger reward because... "reasons"?!;)