• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sure. Of course, you know I will see the bingo card and can thus determine the outcome, right?

We can have an unofficial contest for February, but it still terrifies me.
The question is...are you trying to help us complete the bingo card or are you going Team Banshee on us again to sabotage our efforts? Then we might have to play 5D chess in the guise of bingo. In which case, the bingo card we come up with might terrify you more than the contest.

BrinDarby

And they always have their hand out.
What about players that don't ???
Balance within a FS should include some small/medium/large cities.
I completely agree, once you're CH3+ you shouldn't need consistent
help anymore.

I personally like to to play the game, rather than playing the Chapters.
I have 3 worlds, all 3 top Spire every week, 2 of them do 7 provinces x6
and the main one does 10+ provinces x6.

Both of my CH3 cities have never traded other than 1:1 and still run a
surpluss every week, thus now have buildup. I never have my hand out.

Its crystal clear, most FS's will "fund" a CH 1/2 player to get to CH3, but
once they get there, they need to learn balance in thier city as they get
thier boost % to 700%, they need Not be a burden on the FS, and they
need to @least contribute what they can for tournaments.

Someone mentioned Bracelets, my god the last few FAs, I have finished
with over a hundred xtra, in my smallest cities.... Balance not only means
peoples's boosts, but also means players themselves.... To all you huge
FS's, the next time a CH 3/4 player applies and says they can "cut it",
you might wanna give them a 2-3 week trial to see if they can.

Deleted User - 1178646

I'm not sure any overhaul of the FS system is going to eliminate the chasm you see between the top echelon of FS and the rest. That's because it's not being created by the FS system. It's being created by the players that comprise the FS. A quick look any of the top FSs shows rosters made up almost entirely of high level players. Those who have the resources to do everything you say a high level FS does. There are many other FS who can match those FS in activity. The difference of course being they're made up of mid to low level players. It's a long road to get anywhere near the top as a player. There are many casualties along the way to get to the top. Which is the problem. Only so many active players are going to get there and remain active which is reflected by the low number of FS that meet your criteria for the top. I've only been playing for 6 weeks but it seems to me there has been an improvement to the FS system that helps the FS not at the top; the Perks System. Being able to save tournament points toward future tournaments means over time some FS will be able to achieve 10 chests. Sure not every week, but maybe once a month. Which can become every two weeks. FS are very similar to our cities in a way. You can build your FS toward becoming one of those at the top. This is part of the challenge as well as building our cities.
it's not about how high level you are, it's all about knowledge.
Knowing the game makes things sooooooo much easier.

I have been in a fellowship of noobs before. sharing some knowledge explaining why things are as they are made a bunch of hopeless noobs into an efficient fellowship of noobs in a few weeks achieving the same sometimes better than the high level ones.

Yes activity and enthousiasm is the first key, knowledge is the second and much more powerfull one

quin629

So I run a FS, and we have a smallish city, a second city, taken as a favor to one of our higher members. And they always have their hand out. I am going to take a good look at their chapter at this point because honestly it's been way too long. Yes I do understand the idea but when is it enough?

A free 10K in goods. A free 10K. Not endless free 10Ks!

BrinDarby

@quin629 ,
Give a man a fish (10k), feed him for a day....
Teach a man to fish (10k), feed him for a lifetime....

I agree, not endless free anything.....

Moho

Chef
Fellowships need active people, who make a lot of points during the Tournament and/or in the Spire.
My point was this one: You see someone who can play well and you want him or her to be active in your FS. You offer the player the necessary resources to become independent, and you'll enjoy his or her active presence in the Tournament and Spire.

I have offered free resources even to my tiny unaffiliated neighbors hoping they'll grow and become active trading partners rather than abandoning their city and turning my neighborhood into a desolate place.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
AND then there is this mess
1646261794135.png

1646261871846.png

1646261958757.png

Even removing the trader fees they are 1 star. Makes me want to send messages asking them WTF is wrong with you? I just post my own 2 star and wait til they are picked up. It took 6 hours to get mine picked up today.
Edit: There is one player that posts good trades. All the other pages look like the above.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

@Myne ???
Trader fee is 50%. Many of those one star trades are two star.

Edit: correction ALL of those 1 star trades are 2 star.

The zero star trades are a request for assistance, either from the FS or from the neighborhood.
B_elementals_aw1_shards.png

Last edited:

crackie

A lot of them are new players and just don't know about trader fees. The game does a terrible job explaining trader fees and these players are usually in a FS full of other newbies with a newbie at the helm so they just don't know better. It's not malicious (hoping for misclicks) or greed. They just see everyone else with lopsided trades in their traders since their scouted region is tiny so most listings have trader fees. Therefore, they think that's the norm. If I see they have a baby city, I might drop them a note to just explain the trader fee. If they're receptive, I will drop them more game advice. If they're very receptive, I recruit them. If not, I let them be.

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Myne ???
Trader fee is 50%. Many of those one star trades are two star.

Edit: correction ALL of those 1 star trades are 2 star.

The zero star trades are a request for assistance, either from the FS or from the neighborhood.

Not all are lyapo1. I checked several. The one person I mentioned who places fair trades is your AM. Tell him thank you even though I cannot pick any up yet.

Myne

Oh Wise One
A lot of them are new players and just don't know about trader fees. The game does a terrible job explaining trader fees and these players are usually in a FS full of other newbies with a newbie at the realm so they just don't know better. It's not malicious (hoping for misclicks) or greed. They just see everyone else with lopsided trades in their traders since their scouted region is tiny so most listings have trader fees. Therefore, they think that's the norm. If I see they have a baby city, I might drop them a note to just explain the trader fee. If they're receptive, I will drop them more game advice. If they're very receptive, I recruit them. If not, I let them be.

I guess one never stops being an AM. I will investigate more closely as I go and contact those that appear to be new. I am checking for the traders fees. I shall dub my neighborhood bad habit town I think. At least for now. Imagine my shock when I opened the trader this morning. lol

crackie

Haha I'm giving away all the "trade" secrets! I've gotten many recruits this way because I can see their activity by their trader listings and neighborly visits. Even if their city is currently a mess, so long as they're highly active and receptive to guidance, they can be molded into competitive players if they want to play that way.

My other city's trader is full of 1-star click baits by older players and T3 trade downs, but I guess that is a slight step up from having no neighbors and being stranded in a desert.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Haha I'm giving away all the "trade" secrets! I've gotten many recruits this way because I can see their activity by their trader listings and neighborly visits. Even if their city is currently a mess, so long as they're highly active and receptive to guidance, they can be molded into competitive players if they want to play that way.

My other city's trader is full of 1-star click baits by older players and T3 trade downs, but I guess that is a slight step up from having no neighbors and being stranded in a desert.

True, I picked up a player this morning because I had an established trading relationship with them and daily mutual visits. He was in his own fellowship so that told me he valued the benefits, so I sent him a message and all I said was...Hey wanna play with us? He joined ASAP

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
True, I picked up a player this morning because I had an established trading relationship with them and daily mutual visits. He was in his own fellowship so that told me he valued the benefits, so I sent him a message and all I said was...Hey wanna play with us? He joined ASAP

I agree. Three of my neighbors applied as fs teammates. All they need is to trust you as a good and helpful player, and they are more likely to choose the fellowship you are in.

Deleted User - 1178646

AND then there is this mess
View attachment 12194
View attachment 12195
View attachment 12196

Even removing the trader fees they are 1 star. Makes me want to send messages asking them WTF is wrong with you? I just post my own 2 star and wait til they are picked up. It took 6 hours to get mine picked up today.
Edit: There is one player that posts good trades. All the other pages look like the above.
In that stage of the game you should only post trades and never even look at the market.
All you neighbours can pick up your trades without trader fees, while you pay that annoying tax that I still do not get why it was not abolished a long time ago.
I do not see the point in giving new players this penalty, not when I started 6 years ago, and even less today.

Myne

Oh Wise One
In that stage of the game you should only post trades and never even look at the market.
All you neighbours can pick up your trades without trader fees, while you pay that annoying tax that I still do not get why it was not abolished a long time ago.
I do not see the point in giving new players this penalty, not when I started 6 years ago, and even less today.

I am unable to pick up trades yet. I look because I am scoping out any holes in the supply of goods, as Harandar is scrolls deficient and I want to know if there is an issue where I am Elcysandir. So I watch what goes up.
I agree there should be NO penalty for very early chapters. I am still grinding away. LOL Finally got tier 2 boosted good manuf. planted. woohoo!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I agree. Three of my neighbors applied as fs teammates. All they need is to trust you as a good and helpful player, and they are more likely to choose the fellowship you are in.

I still go by the old school rule of never adding map neighbors to your fellowship, because you are limiting your trading pool when doing so. Of course, that gets harder and harder to follow, the larger the Archmage's city has scouted, but still a good one to try and follow.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I still go by the old school rule of never adding map neighbors to your fellowship, because you are limiting your trading pool when doing so. Of course, that gets harder and harder to follow, the larger the Archmage's city has scouted, but still a good one to try and follow.

ehhh, with the repaired move feature imho it becomes less important that it used to be.