• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Beginning Chapters

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In that stage of the game you should only post trades and never even look at the market.
All you neighbours can pick up your trades without trader fees, while you pay that annoying tax that I still do not get why it was not abolished a long time ago.
I do not see the point in giving new players this penalty, not when I started 6 years ago, and even less today.

The neighbors should, but a lot of players either do not have the time to look at the trader, or are too lazy to. In my chapter 19 city, I try to sweep the trader once or twice a day. The sad thing is when I have to miss a day looking at the trader, I will go in the next day and there are all these small trades that have been up for over 24-48 hours, and no one else has touched them. Some people can be so selfish and unhelpful in this game.

As for the trader fee, my chapter 16 city on Beta still has undiscovered map people show up in the trader with a fee, so it is not just small cities that see them.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The neighbors should, but a lot of players either do not have the time to look at the trader, or are too lazy to. In my chapter 19 city, I try to sweep the trader once or twice a day. The sad thing is when I have to miss a day looking at the trader, I will go in the next day and there are all these small trades that have been up for over 24-48 hours, and no one else has touched them. Some people can be so selfish and unhelpful in this game.

As for the trader fee, my chapter 16 city on Beta still has undiscovered map people show up in the trader with a fee, so it is not just small cities that see them.
I try to go in once in the morning and once at night but I'm sometimes guilty of getting busy and not doing it. The little guys' stuff I take without even looking at what I need. Sometimes if I don't get in, they are there for a long time; I feel sorry for them. I'm surrounded by huge players (some of them even bigger than me) who play as much as I do. I don't understand why people don't think of these things.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I try to go in once in the morning and once at night but I'm sometimes guilty of getting busy and not doing it. The little guys' stuff I take without even looking at what I need. Sometimes if I don't get in, they are there for a long time; I feel sorry for them. I'm surrounded by huge players (some of them even bigger than me) who play as much as I do. I don't understand why people don't think of these things.

I do the same in my big city. I also coach newbies now on the trader and how to use it. lol

Darielle

I do the same in my big city. I also coach newbies now on the trader and how to use it. lol
I have really been tempted to do that, especially when they post 100 marble for 8000 wood or some ridiculous amount like that. But I can't help but wonder if they will tell me to mind my own business. So I usually am not brave enough, lol.

BrinDarby

I do not see the point in giving new players this penalty, not when I started 6 years ago, and even less today.
Not 1 person in the Blooming Trader Guild thread said they bought it for
less trader fees..... By the end of Chapter 7 is not when you need to have
these fees reduced..... this function should be combined into a CH1 AW.

It cripples new players and is totally absurd to do so.
Eliminate Trader's fees from BTG and from the game......

Myne

Oh Wise One
I have really been tempted to do that, especially when they post 100 marble for 8000 wood or some ridiculous amount like that. But I can't help but wonder if they will tell me to mind my own business. So I usually am not brave enough, lol.

they can tell you to mind your own business, but they can't eat you. Call it community service. lol Haven't had anyone yell at me yet. They either don't answer or reply back and I have two new friends because of it so far. :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
AW_Runeshard_ch13_1.png

Some of those are probably just their fellowship asking them to do it for balancing goods. The ones that I think do not understand the trading systems are the ones who post 100 planks for 100 silk or 100 crystal for 100 elixir. Even with the star system, I believe these newer players think an even amount is a proper trade, rather than pay attention to the game telling them these 1-star trades are not good.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Some of those are probably just their fellowship asking them to do it for balancing goods. The ones that I think do not understand the trading systems are the ones who post 100 planks for 100 silk or 100 crystal for 100 elixir. Even with the star system, I believe these newer players think an even amount is a proper trade, rather than pay attention to the game telling them these 1-star trades are not good.

I am not sure about the fellowship trying to balance goods though. They sit there for days.

Darielle

I am not sure about the fellowship trying to balance goods though. They sit there for days.
Exactly. If the fellowship was trying to help out, they'd help out. The trades wouldn't sit there. I'm sure some of them are fellowship generated, but mostly, they're thinking of a stock exchange and trying to get rich.

The worst thing I've seen is when an Archmage with maybe 80K points and a fellowship of 20 newbies is doing that ... and teaching that ... to his members. I don't blame the newbies, but even a low level archmage should know better. I've got one of those in my neighborhood. :mad:

Darielle

they can tell you to mind your own business, but they can't eat you. Call it community service. lol Haven't had anyone yell at me yet. They either don't answer or reply back and I have two new friends because of it so far. :)
That's great! I have talked to many neighbors over the years, and some have become great friends, but I tend not to advise them unless they ask. I just say, "Let me know if there is anything I can help you with." Most of the time, they don't.

I wish I had the nerve to call out an archmage in my neighborhood. Firstly, he shouldn't be an archmage ... he doesn't have enough experience (around 50-60K) and he obviously doesn't have the right understanding of the game. Secondly, he's got all these brand new players in his fellowship and he's teaching them terrible trader etiquette.

Of course, any low-level player who has the hubris to start a fellowship and gather a fairly large collection of newbies probably wouldn't listen to me. Then again, there are some who would say I am the one with hubris just pretending I know who should be an archmage and what "trader etiquette" is ... I can think of a few on the board who would pick a bone on that score with me. :)

Myne

Oh Wise One
Exactly. If the fellowship was trying to help out, they'd help out. The trades wouldn't sit there. I'm sure some of them are fellowship generated, but mostly, they're thinking of a stock exchange and trying to get rich.

The worst thing I've seen is when an Archmage with maybe 80K points and a fellowship of 20 newbies is doing that ... and teaching that ... to his members. I don't blame the newbies, but even a low level archmage should know better. I've got one of those in my neighborhood. :mad:

yeah that ain't good at all.

Myne

Oh Wise One
That's great! I have talked to many neighbors over the years, and some have become great friends, but I tend not to advise them unless they ask. I just say, "Let me know if there is anything I can help you with." Most of the time, they don't.

I wish I had the nerve to call out an archmage in my neighborhood. Firstly, he shouldn't be an archmage ... he doesn't have enough experience (around 50-60K) and he obviously doesn't have the right understanding of the game. Secondly, he's got all these brand new players in his fellowship and he's teaching them terrible trader etiquette.

Of course, any low-level player who has the hubris to start a fellowship and gather a fairly large collection of newbies probably wouldn't listen to me. Then again, there are some who would say I am the one with hubris just pretending I know who should be an archmage and what "trader etiquette" is ... I can think of a few on the board who would pick a bone on that score with me. :)

yeahhhh see I would at least try to educate his members. Then if he had a problem with it, I think I would have to explain things to him. At least his peeps would know that's not normal play.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

are you sure you are not confusing the mark at sentient goods with a trader fee?

You can trade with I thought your 250 closest neigbours, (that are not mines)
in chapter 19 you should have at least unlocked 250 neigbours.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
are you sure you are not confusing the mark at sentient goods with a trader fee?

You can trade with I thought your 250 closest neigbours, (that are not mines)
in chapter 19 you should have at least unlocked 250 neigbours.

Normal tier 1 goods from undiscovered neighbors. Last time I had one show in the trader was less than a week ago. I have 30 pages of discovered neighbors, which is 270 cities, and I have two provinces left to scout before I have completed the 15th Ring.

DeletedUser27062

The biggest hurdle for Chapters I-V are that they are very strictly KP limited. With a small number of provinces, terrible military, and few resources, Tournament performance is limited, thereby limiting daily KP gains. This is so very different from the rest of the game and @Mykan has it right, I think. You are for the most part just waiting for KP to generate.

This leads me back to advice I once read, @SoggyShorts I think, extolling the benefits of the Tome of Secrets over the Golden Abyss for a starting city. The bonus KP (and supplies) may be small, but you need them a lot more than a small bump in population/gold.
I've built about 24 cities and never placed the tome. I don't understand why anyone would, especially in early chapters. It's big and offers a single KP a day for the first 5 levels. What's more, having it immediately penalises the player in the Spire.
I usually place the GA and level it up to 3-4 just for the coin which has always been the bottleneck (aside from goods). By the time I'm half way thru ch 3 I have things humming along. I place needles as soon as I get access to it because the troops are useless unless boosted in some way. I usually delete the GA by the time I'm done with ch 5.

DeletedUser27062

It's enough when you find out they are not upgrading and progressing to justify the amount you are giving them. Their manufactories should be maxed and their workshops and houses. If they are then they need to learn to manage their resources and plan their progression.
Totally agree. When I foster baby cities I usually give them 3 stock-ups (in total about 80k of each good) and that's it.

DeletedUser27062

I started a new city just a few days ago. Human this time. I can see why folks quit during the first chapters of the game. I am at the point below and ready to scream. Boring as hell.
I don't recall being this bored with my first city, but I have slept a few times since I started it. Surely there is something the devs can do to keep folks engaged. Suggestions?
View attachment 12047
One of the most perplexing things that really is a PITA for tiny cities is the upgrading penalty for residences. If a res is upgrading and completes upgrading while you're logged off is doesn't start accruing coin again until you log back in. I have no idea why the devs thought this was a good idea. Those early chapters are severely restricted by coin and upgrading residences not only costs coin but temporarily limits your income. It seems dishonest to me for Inno to say a building will complete its upgrade in 1 hour yet withhold income under the guise that the upgrade process isn't complete until you log back in again.