• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Can't join a fellowship

• Thread starter DeletedUser27062
  • Start date

DeletedUser27062

I'm just wondering why we still have that thing where you can't join another fellowship for X number of hours if you've recently joined & left one? Surely the participation cool-down takes care of any cheating right?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Good point. But I guess they are trying to avoid fellowship bouncing and to make new members think twice about joining a fellowship. It's disrupting to the fellowships to have people come and go within hours. I've seen members who bounce back and forth like yoyos, unable to decide which fellowship they really want. I'm thinking that's why they did this. You're right, there are cons to it, and now that they have participation cool downs, it's not as important as it once was. But still, even if new people can't participate right away, just seeing names pop in and out is disconcerting. If Inno can avoid that, I think I'm for it.

Soleil Nightbloom

Good point. But I guess they are trying to avoid fellowship bouncing and to make new members think twice about joining a fellowship. It's disrupting to the fellowships to have people come and go within hours. I've seen members who bounce back and forth like yoyos, unable to decide which fellowship they really want. I'm thinking that's why they did this. You're right, there are cons to it, and now that they have participation cool downs, it's not as important as it once was. But still, even if new people can't participate right away, just seeing names pop in and out is disconcerting. If Inno can avoid that, I think I'm for it.
I agree. My fellowship had that same issue about a year ago and we switched our settings from Join to Apply, that seemed to stop the fellowship hoppers. Which has been less stressful overall.

B_woodelves_aw2_shards.png

DeletedUser27062

I don't think the pros stack up against the cons tbh. I brought one of my big cities out of hibernation and applied to join a fs. I was parked up in a self made fs of 2. Anyway,i got the nod and left the old fs and waited for my invite. 24 hours later and it hadn't come. I messaged the AM during that time and got no response. I checked the fs and saw that they were full and assumed they had changed their minds so went back to my holding pen. The AM messaged me today and said I needed to leave the fs before she could send an invite so I left it, again. But now I have a joining ban and am stuck in no man's land.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I don't think the pros stack up against the cons tbh. I brought one of my big cities out of hibernation and applied to join a fs. I was parked up in a self made fs of 2. Anyway,i got the nod and left the old fs and waited for my invite. 24 hours later and it hadn't come. I messaged the AM during that time and got no response. I checked the fs and saw that they were full and assumed they had changed their minds so went back to my holding pen. The AM messaged me today and said I needed to leave the fs before she could send an invite so I left it, again. But now I have a joining ban and am stuck in no man's land.
I know that it's a pain to have to leave a fellowship before you even know for sure you're in the new one. It's also a pain to wait for days for a response. When I was a newbie, I applied to a fellowship and messaged the AM but when they didn't get back to me for 2 days, I came on the forum looking for another one, and found it. Then the first am messaged me and asked me if I still wanted to join. Of course not ... I had found a home. I'll never understand why AMs think they can message days later and someone should wait for them. Um, no ... you're the one who should show you are active by answering messages at least every day. I don't think much of AMs who don't check their inbox daily.